Premades BREAKING Solo Ranked

DrWeebs

On Bastion server, Repub side has so few ppl q'ing ranked that they all q-sync and play on the same team... in SOLO Q.

It is gamebreaking. The top ranked person on the server right now is that rating partially because they are skilled, but mostly because they're q'ing with their other skilled guildmates in VOIP while they smash pug groups and get freelo.

If you look at his imp mirror, their rating is like 1200.

It's so gamebreakingly bad that the population is this low for this to be possible in the first place, and that there are no checks in place to make sure a guild premade doesn't get into the same team on solo Q. It literally breaks solo Q.

The real problem is that there is a solo queue ranked to begin with.

Your solution wouldn't solve anything. To actually address it, you could try stuff like "won't make the same group more than a few times in a day", but rest assured, with alts and patience the system will still be gameable. Same guild? That's like, six buttons to fix.

This will be an issue wtih solo queue ranked, always. As long as there is ANY TIME OF DAY for this to be possible, it will happen.

On Bastion server, Repub side has so few ppl q'ing ranked that they all q-sync and play on the same team... in SOLO Q.

Not only bastion. The situation is the same everywhere. Premades destroy the Regs and solo Rated. Newcomers are bullied and insulted, so the Elitist can keep to themselves. :mad:

Actually, one thing WOULD solve it- stop separating solo Q arenas by faction at all. Then a low pop would never be exploitable.

The fact that the population is this low and stagnant with no x-server breaks the game. Same old story with this game. Someone I knew said "yea come check it out the PVP has gotten a lot better".

My reponse is no it has not. The laziest PVP dev group I've seen besides Wildstar.

It's probably a good thing. My health will be better for it when I start exercising more etc. instead of playing SWTOR marathons, LOL.

If BW isn't going to implement X-Server Queues, and they aren't, then they at least need to make X-Faction Queues a reality for Yolo. That would do a lot to alleviate this problem.

It is gamebreaking. The top ranked person on the server right now is that rating partially because they are skilled, but mostly because they're q'ing with their other skilled guildmates in VOIP while they smash pug groups and get freelo.

I haven't been able to log into the game yet since the Patch. I know Pub-side gets accused of Q-Syncing a lot when they are actually not Q-Syncing at all. I'm curious as to what your evidence is of this...

If BW isn't going to implement X-Server Queues, and they aren't, then they at least need to make X-Faction Queues a reality for Yolo. That would do a lot to alleviate this problem.

Yup. Currently, the type of behavior that is encouraged is to have one of each faction of whatever your preferred class is, queue on whichever side seems to be winning at the time. Not everybody can do that, but the ones who can get their rating artificially inflated a bit by minimizing the number of no-win matches that they go into.

Can't blame them if they are the only ones Qing up. It's just the way this game is built.

Do what floplag said, go pub side and Q with em.

Never said I blame repubs. I blame the stale game, the extremely low pop/stagnant community, which ultimately is bioware's fault. They are the worst PVP devs I've seen besides Wildstar.

PVP is dead in this game, probably has been for quite some time. The only decent players left (key word is "decent", as anybody who was truly skilled left a long time ago) are a few people who see the opportunity to be a big fish in a pond so tiny you might as well call it a rain puddle. Because, none of the people who are top in this game right now would be even close to the top of a legitimate MMO PVP game like WoW arenas. I'll admit, that's the main reason I ever re-sub is because I can stomp just about every reg Q I get, which is fun in its own way, but not very compelling over the long-term, and gets stale more quickly each time I come back.

Welcome to 2.4. I'm hoping one day my madness assassin will be able to compete ... but BW isn't doing anything for us yet ... all they care about is those smash marauders.

Edit- nerf op healers, too op.

LoL... At first I thought you were serious... Nice troll

There's a boatload of queue syncing going on anyway, even on the harbinger. I'll put it to you this way. The vast majority of games are decided by the quality of DPS. There are a lot of people with high ranks on the harbinger who are heal spec. If the queues are random, then it's statistically likely that you will be queued up with bads half the time and good players the other half of the time. I have never seen, in all the ranked games I've played, a good healer pull a bunch of bad DPS to victory via epic healing. It doesn't happen. If a healer is constantly winning then they are being placed on the side with the better DPS more often then not. The likelihood of this occurring in a legitimate fashion is low.

I am also seeing DPS classes switching to tank stance and throwing on tank gear to pull out a win if they get their *** handed to them the first round. It's always funny how Bioware can never fully address anything. They get rid of skank healing via disciplines only to overlook skank tanking in rank.

Ultimately, yolo rank shouldn't exist. It has too many flaws for unsavory win at all cost types of players to exploit.

It's so gamebreakingly bad that the population is this low for this to be possible in the first place, and that there are no checks in place to make sure a guild premade doesn't get into the same team on solo Q. It literally breaks solo Q.

Well hopefully, they've also got guildmates on the other side and they get caught for win trading. Either that or BioWare expand on the win trading check and look at players doing q-sync frequently.

There's nothing to stop players queueing at the same time as friends though, and it's nothing new. Unless BioWare change the way the queue itself works, and how it puts players of the same guild in the same team, it'll stay the same.

The real problem is that there is a solo queue ranked to begin with..

lol you ppl. I get that you don't like soloQ. but you're full of **** if you think grp ranked somehow proves how awesome you are while solo is a lottery. give me the three best players on any server, and I guarantee they'll carry me to an 1800+ rating. I'm not that good by any stretch. I'm competent. being on a good team isn't proof of skill any more than being (un)lucky enough to draw the same good/bad players in solo. they're different. soloQ is as, if not more, accurate than grp as a touchstone of one's skill. however, it is limited to faction and class. grp can't even claim that. so how about this: there shouldn't even be individual ratings for grp queue? there. now they're different systems: individual rating for solo. team rating for grp. move along.

lol a hatred assassin QQing about the strife *******s qsyncing. not faulting you op, i just think its funny. strife people obviously dont deserve the rating they have because they stay in skype/ts and qsync together until the better imps get on later.

Read the 2 paragraphs before the last on this article. its from the MASTER qsyncer himself and its on bastion

http://maebeebuzzes.weebly.com/blog/swtor-interview-kand-pvp-merc-god

It's so gamebreakingly bad that the population is this low

Blame all the imp lovers.

Bad is the new good.

And bad is cool anyway.

Who wants to play pub ? Only weaklings, whiners and - especially - BADS.

Bottom note : And nobody noticees that my last 2sentences from above are in fact an self-fulfilling prophecies ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

lol you ppl. I get that you don't like soloQ. but you're full of **** if you think grp ranked somehow proves how awesome you are while solo is a lottery. give me the three best players on any server, and I guarantee they'll carry me to an 1800+ rating. I'm not that good by any stretch. I'm competent. being on a good team isn't proof of skill any more than being (un)lucky enough to draw the same good/bad players in solo. they're different. soloQ is as, if not more, accurate than grp as a touchstone of one's skill. however, it is limited to faction and class. grp can't even claim that. so how about this: there shouldn't even be individual ratings for grp queue? there. now they're different systems: individual rating for solo. team rating for grp. move along.

Just lol u think solo is better than group ranked. Like the previous post said they should remove solo rank. They removed 8v8 ranked which a ton of more people and guilds played than they ever did 4s. Bads who have top rating now never even came close back then .

Solo ranked is not being broken by premades. If you were not being farmed by qsyncing premades you would be farmed by simply bad matchmaking...or farming as the other team ends up with the worse setup. Having an actual balanced matchup where skill not variables outside your control as the deciding factor is pretty rare. Eliminating qsyncing will not resolve this if that were even possible.

Solo ranked is not being broken by premades. If you were not being farmed by qsyncing premades you would be farmed by simply bad matchmaking...or farming as the other team ends up with the worse setup. Having an actual balanced matchup where skill not variables outside your control as the deciding factor is pretty rare. Eliminating qsyncing will not resolve this if that were even possible.
Its funny how other competitive games can do it, yet it is impossible for BW to fix the matchmaking...odd.....

Just lol u think solo is better than group ranked. Like the previous post said they should remove solo rank. They removed 8v8 ranked which a ton of more people and guilds played than they ever did 4s. Bads who have top rating now never even came close back then .

solo reflects how well you can carry. that's all on you, the individual. grp reflects how well your hand picked team is. if you cannot figure out that they're measuring different things and that solo is actually more a reflection of the individual then I don't think you can be reasoned with at all. edit: the fact that I like it more has nothing to do with the aforementioned facts.

both systems as currently implemented are terrible because they're easily abused and just generally poorly structured. I was carried in 8v8 a lot easier than 4v4 and infinitely easier than in solo.

Edited by foxmob