Producer’s Road Map 2015

TaitWatson

Maybe they should share more so we don't need to cling on every freaking word like it's the last we'll ever see. Don't blame the customers for their horrible communication. They're adults...this is a business...we're customers.

No, let me fix your last sentence:

They're adults...this is a game...we're the internet

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon. As for some of the other questions I am seeing:

-eric

This doesn't clarify anything at all, it just confuses everything more. SPRING Ziost 3.2 Update is now the same thing as SUMMER 1st large story expansion? :confused:

Edited by Pietrastor

What about GSF?!!? I understand it probably wasn't what EA was expecting, but there are a lot of us still playing that aspect that would LOVE to know you have plans for it in the future. Hard to keep playing something you know doesn't have any focus... thank god it's at least a solidly built aspect of this game...

It's vague sure, but I wasn't expecting a hugely detailed road map. I just want to know what direction they are trying to take the game. It seems like they're getting back to story driven content which is numero uno on my list. I never thought they were going to bring story back in a bigger way, so consider me happy about that news. If only we could get a few new level 60 PvE space missions that would really satisfy me. All in all, in terms of a quick directional update for the next quarter things look mildly interesting. Getting Ziost will be a big deal. The whole designer thing is a non starter for me, but for some it is. Ziost might be a make or break update for the game to be honest. If it isn't supremely good I think there's going to be a huge pull back from the player base. At least it seems like a lot of people are close to the end of their proverbial rope. This same sentiment was around at launch which caused a gigantic exodus that I'd like to see avoided.

Anyway, what I'm going to be looking at / for are:

New operations

New class story

Planetary quests that are faction based not the exact same for each.

New flasphoints, and not just retuning of old stuff like we currently have.

*wishful thinking but new pve space missions (never happen I know but man do I wish)

2015 is indeed a very very big year for this game. I don't see how it survives if this year isn't good.

What about GSF?!!? I understand it probably wasn't what EA was expecting, but there are a lot of us still playing that aspect that would LOVE to know you have plans for it in the future. Hard to keep playing something you know doesn't have any focus... thank god it's at least a solidly built aspect of this game...

the list is incomplete and not final nor does it cover the entire year. relax. at the end of the year you can start with this attitude. But, it's JUST February. How about we go glass half full for once?

So the road map for 2015 involves

patch 3.1, patch 3.2

Was this the rough draft? Please tell us you published the wrong page.

They learned from their mistake last year - they tried to project out three patches in the 2014 Road Map and even their vague announcements for the third update ended up being completely off (other than that I think NiM DP did actually make it in for that one).

They learned from their mistake last year - they tried to project out three patches in the 2014 Road Map and even their vague announcements for the third update ended up being completely off (other than that I think NiM DP did actually make it in for that one).
So what? They announced stronghold delay, nobody screamed, people understood yet were still excited and grateful that they provided detailed 2014 roadmap far in advance, even if plans changed

Seems like a rushed piece of garbage info that was already known. No offense, but this is garbage.

Not to me since I never knew much from the article. To me, Ziost is new (and I only knew about it from an forum member's entry -. and from names of certain weapons).

Togruta were merely "rumors" as well.

Not to mention a new Stronghold.

They cancelled the Infiltrator ship last summer, and the only thing they've been able to say about 'supporting' it since then is that they've been tweaking the requisition rewards. I'd say it's pretty clear they've written off that aspect of the game.

If they have a map already half-finished somewhere, then maybe we'll see one more of those pushed out, but I wouldn't necessarily expect even that much.

Not to me since I never knew much from the article. To me, Ziost is new (and I only knew about it from an forum member's entry -. and from names of certain weapons).

Game's producer openly talking about Togruta at cantina event 4 months ago doesn't go into "rumor" category lol, same with new Stronghold. Also, we knew about Ziost since San Diego cantina few weeks ago Edited by Pietrastor

They just canned the Shadow Realms game and set the whole BWA studio back to work on this game. How does that fit into your narrative?

This.

But the biggest focus for our team in BioWare Austin will be on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. As every Star Wars™ fan knows, this is a massive year in the Star Wars universe. We have some great plans for expanding this epic game this year, and look forward to sharing the news about those plans with our players in the coming weeks.

and by the way, SOURCE

People, the sky isnt falling yet. in fact, this could be the start of something great. Take the red pill and hang on to your pants.

Edited by Kintosi

^This. Some people seem to think that BW's news releases should be based around players who are combing for every bit and nugget of info that's out there.

The only reason this info was known to anyone was because a draft of this very letter - which they explicitly said was a draft of this very letter - was read to a group of a few dozen people at the Cantina Tour in Austin a few weeks ago.

They can't cater their releases to 'what was already known' by those players who go out of their way to find info and updates - these are intended to reach a broader audience than even the Forum-going audience, let alone people tracking down transcripts from Cantina events.

Putting a new Community Blog entry on their homepage and plugging it on Facebook & Twitter will reach players who have never even heard of Dulfy or read a single SWTOR post on reddit - they're a big part of the target audience for this.

Edited by DarthDymond

It is primarily targeting the beginning of the year.

Wait so "Road Map 2015" is actually "Road Map Q1"? Also, why did you guys feel the need to give us general info, like others have said, was available at PAX?

It 'was available at PAX' because at that Cantina event they explicitly said they were reading a draft of this Road Map. Should they not have done the general release just because they gave the PAX crowd early access to it?

Edited by DarthDymond

What you are seeing in the Spring, with Ziost, is one of those large updates. The other update later in the year we will talk more about soon. As for some of the other questions I am seeing:

-eric

So does this mean Ziost is one of the two major updates or is it the third major update this year? I am confused :rak_02:

Edited by Count_Mario

the list is incomplete and not final nor does it cover the entire year. relax. at the end of the year you can start with this attitude. But, it's JUST February. How about we go glass half full for once?

Seriously... when was the last update to GSF? How that glass half full approach work when the glass is empty?

It 'was available at PAX' because at that Cantina event they explicitly said they were reading a draft of this Road Map. Should they not have done the general release just because they gave the PAX crowd early access to it?

Isn't it redundant at that point? It's not as if info at PAX doesn't get out on a consistent basis, nor is it regarded as a secret. If anything the info given at PAX was more specific though ironically.

Isn't it redundant at that point? It's not as if info at PAX doesn't get out on a consistent basis, nor is it regarded as a secret. If anything the info given at PAX was more specific though ironically.

It's only 'redundant' to a small subset of the game's playerbase who seek this info out. To reiterate:

They can't cater their releases to 'what was already known' by those players who go out of their way to find info and updates - these are intended to reach a broader audience than even the Forum-going audience, let alone people tracking down transcripts from Cantina events.

Putting a new Community Blog entry on their homepage and plugging it on Facebook & Twitter will reach players who have never even heard of Dulfy or read a single SWTOR post on reddit - they're a big part of the target audience for this.

Edited by DarthDymond