Game Update 3.1: Conflict on Rishi

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made it look like something new was happening on Rishi but its something that has to be played through for ever class story, was then the only 2 tacticals for level 60 and now its being made hard mode its beyond dull.

You have to be trying the patience of even your most loyal fans on this one.

Eh, I really doubt Ziost will be as big as Rishi. That being said, I do hope it's fairly large.

Expect it to be similar in size to Dromund Kaas. Calling it now. :p

A new Flashpoint or two in 3.2, though, that sounds more reasonable to fill out the level 60 roster, at least for Tacticals.

3.2 will already feature Ziost and it will be single-player story driven content only, NOT flashpoints. No way they are releasing anything else, PvE-wise, in addition to that.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

3.2 will already feature Ziost and it will be single-player story driven content only, NOT flashpoints. No way they are releasing anything else, PvE-wise, in addition to that.

You're probably right, see my Edit on my post that I think we'll probably get Ziost, a NiM for an existing Op (maybe two) and the Outfit Designer.

If that does end up being the case though, it will be a pretty stark example of a content slowdown, since it's coming out nearly 5 months after 3.0 (first week in Dec to the last week in April) while one the other hand in the last expansion cycle, at just under 4 months after 2.0 they released Update 2.3 which had a new Daily Area and two new Flashpoints, with both Tactical and Hard Mode versions (plus I believe the BBA event debuted during the 2.3 patch cycle).

So hopefully we're wrong and there'll be more in 3.2, but we'll see.

Use your new Illumination Probe Crate decoration to light the path in front of you as you take a stroll around your Stronghold or show off visually mesmerizing with the new Multi-state Mainframe Terminal.

This sentence doesn't even make sense. "show off visually mesmerizing " :mad:

You're probably right, see my Edit on my post that I think we'll probably get Ziost, a NiM for an existing Op (maybe two) and the Outfit Designer.

I could be wrong, but I find fairly likely they'll hold NiM for ToS for another game update.

Possibly 3.3 or 3.4.

If that does end up being the case though, it will be a pretty stark example of a content slowdown, since it's coming out nearly 5 months after 3.0 (first week in Dec to the last week in April) while one the other hand in the last expansion cycle, at just under 4 months after 2.0 they released Update 2.3 which had a new Daily Area and two new Flashpoints, with both Tactical and Hard Mode versions (plus I believe the BBA event debuted during the 2.3 patch cycle).

So hopefully we're wrong and there'll be more in 3.2, but we'll see.

Truth be told, it is no substitute for actual gameplay but depending on its complexity and options availability, I expect quite a few people to sink some time and effort ( not to mention CC :p ) on the Appearance Designer.

Let's hope your recent thread that delved into that was right on the money.

I still keep fooling myself. I'll never learn. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I did not expect anything for 3.1 except bug fixes. So I appreciate what is offered.

And guys: Wasn't their a lot of complaining during the last years about BW not updating their website properly? Now they add a really nice teaser for the new patch and you guys complain about that. /facepalm I think it is great that they did this and I sure hope they put up such info pages for every new patch/update. Cut them some slack on this one. Use your anger to remind them about their screw-up with the slot machine. ;)

P. S. That droid or new armor sets reminds me of Jakovasaurs: video

Edited by JattaGin

I'm kind of curious to see what "Massassi Gear Set, inspired by the fearsome Massassi Warriors of Yavin 4" looks like. The name implies to me something big and red and spiny if they're trying to look like the big spiny half naked red guys that we fight on Yavin. (They're like some sort of lobster / porcupine / ape crossbreed.)

These images on the page with more info just look like a few class themed armors (Smuggler, Warrior, Knight, Trooper) and a new cartel pack cybernetic set though.

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/GU31/GU31_Screen_01_bg.jpg

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/GU31/GU31_Screen_02_bg.png

Those are something different? Or those are it and the "Massassi" part is in name only?

This sentence doesn't even make sense. "show off visually mesmerizing " :mad:

They left out the word displays on that first page. The page with more info on it says "show off visually mesmerizing displays"

http://www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/en/gameupdates/GU31/GU31_Screen_05_bg.png

I think it's safe to assume that you click the computer and it will toggle the display on the screen to the next in a sequence or to a random selection from however many different screens it will have.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

I could be wrong, but I find fairly likely they'll hold NiM for ToS for another game update.

Possibly 3.3 or 3.4.

Well HM Revan is apparently tougher than many NiM bosses, so I can understand why they're not in a rush to release NiM Revan in 3.1.

EDIT: What I noticed is that 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7 are not linked on the game update page. Bit strange that they left just those 3 out of the links. I mean 2.5 I can understand since it was class changes which are obsolete come 3.0, but 2.6 was Galactic StarFighter.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Wait, is that Massassi gear set just another version of the already existing gear-sets?

A picture (presumably from the PTS) was posted on dulfy, stating that this was the "Massassi inspired gear set" you are mentioning in your 3.1 patch notes.

Is that true? Because if it is, that would be cheap.

Can some of you possibly be more ungrateful? (Don't answer that.) Granted you are paying for it, but this is a minor content patch. I still have several characters to even get to 60, let alone get through all the FPs. The current HMs are still kicking people's asses and now we complain when we get more?

If this patch was what they listed plus a bunch of bug fixes, would that mean more? A bunch of you are always clamoring for the fabled "bug fix only patch" (which is a gross waste of resources to begin with).

I must be completely crazy to see these release notes and say "that makes sense considering its patch 3.1." I'm not sure what else you expected. We already know there are some much bigger items coming soon.

Considering how absolutely light the "expansion" 3.0 was, yes...I was expecting more. Like a new Warzone, new GSF map, new Flashpoint or pretty much ANYTHING "new". New difficulty settings on old content isn't what I call "new content".

I have NEVER clamored for a "bug fix only patch"...I agree with you, those are worthless and they never satisfy the players. Bug fixing should be a daily routine for MMO Developers, not a 9 week break to only fix a few things.

I'm glad you like this update - happy customers stay. But I'm not. 3.0 was anemic and I expected something more from 3.1...like the mythical "better than cross server" announcement to fix our queues that was promised last year.

Guys we shouldn't be so hard on Bioware really.

I mean, what other video game company do we know of that is quite as green as they are? They are so fantastic at recycling stuff.

Good job Bioware, you should take a bow for being so digitally environmentally aware.

Kudos to you and your content recycling efforts. I hope more game companies look to you to be a leader and innovator in game content recycling.

:)

And some times they can't even properly recycle the content e.g. Gree and Bounty Brokers recently. Smh.