Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So it's been 3 years(??) now....

LoverNoFighter

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
They are the community ambassador. Of course they speak for the community. Or, that's how I think of it anyway.

Pretty sure I did not vote for LNF as any kind of ambassador (nor do I think there was any sort of vote)

I assume you meant what you wrote sarcastically

Edited by Aries_cz

I guess if they can put it in, I can turn it off in settings, AND it doesn't cause slowdowns for the rest of us...then okay. I doubt whether all those conditions can be met. My only question is WHY? Why would anyone want chat bubbles? Use TS3, Vent, or Mumble. Save your keyboards and fingers, DOWN with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!!

I guess if they can put it in, I can turn it off in settings, AND it doesn't cause slowdowns for the rest of us...then okay. I doubt whether all those conditions can be met. My only question is WHY? Why would anyone want chat bubbles? Use TS3, Vent, or Mumble. Save your keyboards and fingers, DOWN with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome!!

For RP purposes?

You're not the community as much as you try and claim to be.

Well actually, he is. We're ALL the community, like it or not.

Really? There was a poll? I don't remember voting.

You don't speak for the community.

Actually, he does speak as a member of the community. He doesn't speak for the whole community, nor did he claim to.

I don't want chat bubbles, but I have no issue with them being added as long as I can toggle them off. And lets be realistic, it's not like the Devs have been been pumping out anything else of value...I'd prefer people get their chat bubbles over a new stronghold to be ignored.

Actually, he does speak as a member of the community. He doesn't speak for the whole community, nor did he claim to.

I don't want chat bubbles, but I have no issue with them being added as long as I can toggle them off. And lets be realistic, it's not like the Devs have been been pumping out anything else of value...I'd prefer people get their chat bubbles over a new stronghold to be ignored.

Of course he claimed to. He said "the community wants". Not "some of the community", not "I want", it was "the community wants".

He also claims to be the "Community Ambassador". You can't really get much more "I self-appointedly speak for the whole community" than that.

Of course he claimed to. He said "the community wants". Not "some of the community", not "I want", it was "the community wants".

He also claims to be the "Community Ambassador". You can't really get much more "I self-appointedly speak for the whole community" than that.

And he does want it. He can speak as a member of the community as much as you can...and there are others who also want them, so he speaks for more than himself.

And who the hell cares what he calls himself?! I'm secure enough in myself that I don't care what he calls himself. Are you seriously so insecure or insulted by his self anointed title that you freak out this much? Who cares?! Call yourself whatever you like Millions...nobody but you would believe it anyway.

Still amazes me how they picked such a crappy game engine for a game that they spent so much money into making.

The HeroEngine is actually not a bad engine at all. The problem is that BioWare bought it from the HeroEngine developers back in 2006, long before it was completed. According to what I heard, the HeroEngine people were initially reluctant to sell an unfinished product, but Bioware assured them that it was going to be completed and customized for their game by their own highly-skilled team of software engineers.

You can see how well THAT turned out.

I honestly feel bad for the HeroEngine people, the biggest example of their engine is also the worst.

I honestly feel bad for the HeroEngine people, the biggest example of their engine is also the worst.
WHAT?! It's also the greatest example of their teams competence ever. They should absolutely capitalize on what they can accomplish with a tiny fraction of the staff that Bioware had. The actual HeroEngine has none of the shortcomings the SWTORs version has...which means the people they have working on the engine are top notch. It also serves as a warning to others who may want to "try" another engine type...sure, go ahead and try to use an untested engine...just remember how well that worked out for Bioware.

And he does want it. He can speak as a member of the community as much as you can...and there are others who also want them, so he speaks for more than himself.

A member, or members of the community still does not equal the community. Which was my point.

And who the hell cares what he calls himself?! I'm secure enough in myself that I don't care what he calls himself. Are you seriously so insecure or insulted by his self anointed title that you freak out this much? Who cares?! Call yourself whatever you like Millions...nobody but you would believe it anyway.

Do I care what he calls himself? Not really all that much. But it certainly back up my point that he's claiming to speak for far more people than he actually can.

This looks like freaking out to you?

A member, or members of the community still does not equal the community. Which was my point.

Do I care what he calls himself? Not really all that much. But it certainly back up my point that he's claiming to speak for far more people than he actually can.

This looks like freaking out to you?

Yes it does, it looks like pure panic mode to me every time I see someone get all up in arms whenever someone uses a term like "we" or "everyone" or "community"...when I see people nit pick over a word that sounds inclusive, I can't help but laugh, because no matter what someone 'claims', I trust that Bioware is smart enough to know the truth. Is your trust in Bioware so frail that you're afraid they may take his claim or title seriously so you nit pick?

Yes it does, it looks like pure panic mode to me every time I see someone get all up in arms whenever someone uses a term like "we" or "everyone" or "community"...when I see people nit pick over a word that sounds inclusive, I can't help but laugh, because no matter what someone 'claims', I trust that Bioware is smart enough to know the truth. Is your trust in Bioware so frail that you're afraid they may take his claim or title seriously so you nit pick?

LNF is a troll and nothing more.

I nit pick because I like to pick nits. I thought that was obvious by now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.