The Contraband Slot Machine

EricMusco

Yup, and they seem quite content to watch their customers slip away right now. On top of a horrific 3.0, we've had no new content in 3 months and very little communication from Bioware. The bugs remain, the balance sucks, content is used up...the game is absolutely slipping away right now.

I agree TUXs, if someone like myself who was an advent supporter of the game feels this way, you know it's really bad. Shame it took me so long to see, oh well.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure plenty of people don't as well, or they would be fixing it (or shutting the game down.) I still happily log for ops, level toons on the weekend. Some of the bugs have reared their heads and annoyed me now and then, but nothing that would ever cause me to use the word horrific.

I'm sure plenty of people don't as well, or they would be fixing it (or shutting the game down.) I still happily log for ops, level toons on the weekend. Some of the bugs have reared their heads and annoyed me now and then, but nothing that would ever cause me to use the word horrific.

The new Ops were still so so buggy 3 months after being added that they had to cancel their special event...what word would you use for that?

The new Ops were still so so buggy 3 months after being added that they had to cancel their special event...what word would you use for that?

A speed-run special event has much, much higher standards of performance than average gameplay. A minor inconvenience in a normal run could totally skew the results of a speed-run competition. That's hardly the standard one would normally be using to claim it's 'so buggy' as to make the expansion 'horrible'. The game doesn't revolve around speed runs.

Edited by DarthDymond

A speedrun special event has much, much higher standards of performance than normal gameplay. A minor inconvenience in a normal run could totally skew the results of a speed-run competition. That's hardly the standard one would normally be using to claim it's 'so buggy' as to make the expansion 'horrible'. The game doesn't revolve around speed runs.

Would you prefer sloppy? Rishi's freaking landing pad is missing right now...has been for a week...so again I ask, what word would you use?

Would you prefer sloppy? Rishi's freaking landing pad is missing right now...has been for a week...so again I ask, what word would you use?

I have enjoyed the hell out of SoR, from the story to the new levels and abilities, to the worlds, the Flashpoints and, yes, even the Ops. So I'm pretty much okay with taking 'horrible' off the list of words I would personally use to describe it.

My own choices run along the lines of "fun", "good", "money well spent", "entertaining", and "enjoyable".

Edited by DarthDymond

*bug

The reason it was cancelled was that one bug with Coritanni and that only affected time as going out and back in fixed it. Lurker has been fine for a while and it could be cheesed anyways with PTs. Other than that there were no bugs in other fights which prevented players from beating them. I've been in many a pug run where the cry of bug has gone up when in fact it was L2P issue. None of the fights have HM mechanics bleeding into them like what happened with Draxus. I'm tired of people blaming bugs for wipes when it's usually a player mistake. I haven't had Coritanni bug out in a few weeks and Lurker has worked for me with no issue for over a month (If in doubt just jump to update your position)

I would agree there have been several things that have been sloppy.

I thought the Rishi spaceport glitch emerged after the sudden server outage last week though. I suspect it has to do with whatever caused that issue and will be resolved when they do a server reset / maintenance. Surprised they didn't do that Tuesday to alleviate the problem.

I have enjoyed the hell out of SoR, from the story to the new levels and abilities, to the worlds, the Flashpoints and, yes, even the Ops. So I'm pretty much okay with taking 'horrible' off the list of words I would personally use to describe it.

My own choices run along the lines of "fun", "good", "money well spent", "entertaining", and "enjoyable".

We're talking about 2 different things - quality vs enjoyment.

I think the quality of 3.0 was as bad as anything we've seen from this group of Devs. The content itself has been enjoyable, but far below the quality of older content (no cut-scenes, click and accept missions).

Perhaps "horrible" is the wrong word to use - so I'll just say "disappointing".

I think the quality of 3.0 was as bad as anything we've seen from this group of Devs. The content itself has been enjoyable, but far below the quality of older content (no cut-scenes, click and accept missions).

I blame the PTS testers then, it's all their fault!

I blame the PTS testers then, it's all their fault!

Slightly unfair, considering a lot of issues were raised well in advance, but from the usual PTS side of things... the devs ignored that feedback.

Just like they're ignoring this thread and the fact that they've screwed the pooch with the changes they made to the CSM. Wonder how those CC sales are going nowadays, I've not purchased any since this rubbish happened.

Slightly unfair, considering a lot of issues were raised well in advance, but from the usual PTS side of things... the devs ignored that feedback.

Just like they're ignoring this thread and the fact that they've screwed the pooch with the changes they made to the CSM. Wonder how those CC sales are going nowadays, I've not purchased any since this rubbish happened.

Daily reminder: It's been two months.

That is all.

I agree TUXs, if someone like myself who was an advent supporter of the game feels this way, you know it's really bad. Shame it took me so long to see, oh well.

I don't think it took so long to see it, simply that the decline has been slow but steady and we have reached the point where even the "fanbois" cannot justify the nonsense that has gone on.

And hey, lest we forget the exploit that went unfixed for the whole time as well.

I kind of equate this to getting punched in the face every time one takes a cookie out of the cookie jar. Sure the cookie is great when we get to eat it, but eventually, no matter how much we enjoy the cookie, we eventually get tired of getting punched.

You guys still at it? ROFLMAO.

All this fuzz about single CM item that was clearly ,ridiculously, economy crushingly broken at launch.

This would be absolutely hilarious if it didn't tell such a sad tale about what this community actually cares about. You'll be getting more cool Cartel items guys. Don't worry about that. It is free, easy low effort money for BW. And awesome bathrobes for you. You'll be getting tons of them. I promise.

One good, interesting thing about the massive trash bin this thread makes:

Study in just how incredibly loud a loud minority can be. Like 1% of community is upset about this. Yet, they generate insufferable amount of noise.

Edited by Salaviir

It's not a minority that are upset about it. A lot of people left the game over it those were subs that was money paying people to make this game better less money equals less being done to the game smaller updates and expansions. The ones here still complaining maybe a minority but what there are a lot more who just stopped complaining or just didn't post and they like I said quit there were a lot that did but a lot did stay and are also upset over this. I have a lot of people in our guild who now refuse to pay real money to buy cartel packs anymore. So it is a big deal and I agree it's probably a minority expressing their concern but it's their voice that carries the message of many more.

In all honesty it's the minority that post in te forums I took a pool for fun of it and out of about 30 people on line only 1 person besides myself post anything at all here in the forums. Besides that one there were two other people that didn't post but just read the forums only when they were looking for info on a topic. So that's 4 people out of 30 that's a minority and that number if you take it on a bigger scale still equals a minority. Most of the people who posted in days past have already left the game because they posted and Bioware did nothing but I inderstand it's hard to add things and correct things quickly it takes time but a lot of posters in the forums have left the game there have been a lot of posts in the server specific forums of people saying their good byes.

So point being you complain about these people complaining about something in game that they went out to buy with real money that they worked for I say ****. Let them complain go through all these posts there are fewer people complaining about them than people upset about the slot machine so in this post thread you are the minority and to take your own advice you should stop complaining about something since you sir are the minority in this case.

Edited by Vanisher

It's an internet forum, if you have a vested interest in a subject it is likely you will post on it till they switch the internet off. Whether any one of import reads it is irrelevant ;)

All this fuzz about single CM item that was clearly ,ridiculously, economy crushingly broken at launch.

This would be absolutely hilarious if it didn't tell such a sad tale about what this community actually cares about. You'll be getting more cool Cartel items guys. Don't worry about that. It is free, easy low effort money for BW. And awesome bathrobes for you. You'll be getting tons of them. I promise.

Study in just how incredibly loud a loud minority can be. Like 1% of community is upset about this. Yet, they generate insufferable amount of noise.

The few people I know that left over the CSM didn't do so because it was nerfed after launch. It was because it made it to the live servers in such a broken state and was clearly stated to be 'working as intended'. Taken with the poor communication and handling of the training cost removal my friends felt the devs had just given up on any long term planning and quality control.

It is not the item that they were upset about but the processes behind it.

Couple this to the standard response by BW is to plant their heads collectively in the sand, wave their hands at some pretty pictures and say 'look cool stuff coming soon' and brace themselves for the next wave of forum fury.

The state of this thread is no different to any other thread on a forum ever. Only those with an interest in a subject take the time to write. It is more likely you will write if you are complaining than saying something positive. There is a select few on any forum that only post to denigrate the opinions of others. Just because a forum thread is long doesn't mean it is important, just that a few opposing forumites have some spare time on their hands.

I believe the majority of people who are complaining are not advocating that the device be returned to its released form. Most (Myself included) argued strongly that it should be changed from its released form specifically because of the harm it did to the economy.

The changes made, destroyed the item as 'fun' and turned it into a temporary way for people to generate reputation quickly and then never ever touch it again.

Which sucked all the potential fun out of the item.

Which damaged the social benefits the item had been providing .

Which made the item completely unlike the event the Devs/communication team said they were modeling it after specifically because it was 'fun'.

Etc.

Most people are arguing instead for a re-correction towards something sustainable, still a credits sink, but one that's enjoyable to use.

Some add that you can give all the rewards prior (and perhaps additional rewards) while not damaging the economy (and likely actually benefitting it.. based on the still broken rate of return from crating gathering missions and the artificial scarcity that generates that benefits market manipulators and gold sellers more than 'normal' players)

And that addresses just the item itself.

Many other posters also note that the way this was handled, including how it was released, demonstrates some flaws in the game's developers and their attention to details and some flaws with the community relations with how they deal with mistakes.

Its a single item/event that encapsulates much of what can be seen as 'wrong' with the game at present and as such continues to attract attention and concern from some in the community of players.

I want it fixed if only because it indicates the development/community team is starting to move in the correct direction with how they approach the game, its players, and their knowledge of the 'format'.

Edited by EnkiduNineEight

If they change this issue within a year, I would be shocked. Which at this point in time is the absolute correct action, the amount of absurd qqing that has occured here justifies that action completely. The fact that the community cannot accept that they were given an answer of NO and still go on asking are we there yet are we there yet ad infinitium, is just another indicator that leaving it as is, is in Bioware and the games best interest.

I don't think it took so long to see it, simply that the decline has been slow but steady and we have reached the point where even the "fanbois" cannot justify the nonsense that has gone on.

And hey, lest we forget the exploit that went unfixed for the whole time as well.

The exploit and then the subsequent bans from it, were an all time low imo. I wasn't banned, don't have anything 198 that wasn't earned the legit way...and by legit, I mean earned off a boss drop or by running super easy 16 man level 55 content for Ultimate coms...:rolleyes:

They let the exploit grow and grow, and they knew about it from launch day. They dangled a carrot in front of players for 4+ weeks, even commented on it a full week before fixing it...some took it, some didn't, I don't blame anyone who did for doing so. SWTOR is a game of alts and gear...making it simple to give both a tiny boost is a no brainer to me...this is a simple video game, meant to be played for fun.

Bioware made a very poor choice in banning players imo...this was an internal issue that needed to be resolved, not a player created one. Punishing the players for Bioware's sloppy ignorance is inexcusable.

Well, seeing as "so buggy" really means "a fight occasionally resets and would have been unfair in the constraints of a speed run contest, which isn't part of normal gameplay," I would not use the word "horrific" which means "causing or instilling horror." I might use the word "unfortunate," which is significantly less hyperbolic. Has Coratanni ever reset for me? Yup. Couple times. Has it ever been more than a mild inconvenience? Nope. Everyone on my ops team has their chest piece from that fight, so it's obviously not too bad.

It's not a minority that are upset about it. A lot of people left the game over it

Okay, first of all - yes. It is absolutely a minority that are upset. I dare you to prove otherwise.

Did some people leave the game over this ridiculous "issue"? Sure. But for you to call it "a lot" is reaching. Even if I grant that a hundred subs left over it (which I think is generous,) that's a drop in the bucket. Don't overestimate your position.

Well, seeing as "so buggy" really means "a fight occasionally resets and would have been unfair in the constraints of a speed run contest, which isn't part of normal gameplay," I would not use the word "horrific" which means "causing or instilling horror." I might use the word "unfortunate," which is significantly less hyperbolic. Has Coratanni ever reset for me? Yup. Couple times. Has it ever been more than a mild inconvenience? Nope. Everyone on my ops team has their chest piece from that fight, so it's obviously not too bad.

I find it funny that you and Dymond are more focused on a word I used far more than the bug(s)...

Call it whatever you like, it's ridiculous that they had to cancel the event they planned because of this bug 3-months after it was released.

Curious...how many people on your Ops teams exploited to get their chest piece? It's not hard to get legit, just want you to realize that having the chest doesn't really mean anything since it was so exploitable for 4+ weeks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.