Over 4 million credits per hour with the Contraband Slot Machine

Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

combination of grade 11 mats from jawa junk + the machine giving unlimited amount of junk just crashed the mats prices and in so doing the crafting market as well.

Considering you can also get loads of money from rep item the economy is going to suffer just wait until first machines will hit the gtn and more people will have them.

With the saved Jawa Junk though that can only last a week or two one would think. Just like when GSH launched and mats were going for FORTUNES because of saving ( I personally made tons ) it only took for a few weeks for things to reach their new standard pricing that was still a few multitudes higher than the old norm but also a few multitudes less than the previous weeks.

So it will be interesting to see if mat pricing bounces back somewhat or stays low or even tanks further which I think you could solely attribute to the slot machine if enough get their hands on it.

Reminds of my feign death somewhat, a recharge item I bought a ton of cheap and make really nice money now in comparison ( more so alter when it embargoes no doubt ) from due to it's infamy. I foresee these items being far more valuable however.

I did two 99 stacks before bed, took 10 minutes. received:

7x Cartel Market Certificate

34x Purple Jawa Junk

29x Blue Jawa Junk

31x Green Jawa Junk

7x Purple Contraband Rep Tokens

16x Blue Contraband Rep Tokens

22x Green Contraband Rep Tokens

Was pretty easy and seemed like a good reward for time spent. Did get pretty boring, but effective.

I can also confirm that spending credits just to try to make more credits off rep tokens is impossible. It's always at a loss - you are not going to make credits off rep tokens alone. But rep tokens do act as a "writeoff" from the price of the coins, making the coins effectively even more cheaper for the amount of materials you can get.

Edited by undiess

This is unreal...4 million is definitely possible if everything you have on GTN sells for its current price,but the GTN is flooded atm.

IF this drop rate is wrong,now is the perfect time for people to buy up the cheap mats,hold them and hope for a fix and price increase :/

Obviously you havent tried it for yourself

50k = 1 stack of chips = 99 pulls

You have a 75% win rate, the minimum return on value = a free chip to play again and/or 1 reputation item (minimum value 500 credits sold to a vendor = buy another chip); and yes you can win up to 2 items at a time

stand with 3 or 4 machines to click on = no waiting to play

you spend 99 chips in about 2 minutes playing this way =

50 more free chips to play again

5 to 10 jawa junk (for purple mats), numerous of the green/blue (scrap and droid junk)

1 to 5 cartel certificates

dozens of reputation items (the blues and purples sell for several thousand each)

If you aren't making a few million an hour from this, you don't know how the game works

Either I'm totally misreading your posts, or you're comically, violently wrong. Looks like drop rates are as follows:

25% - lose

20% - win token (free play)

10% - win jawa junk (purple)

10% - win droid parts (blue)

10% - win scavenged scrap (green)

10% - win green rep token

8% - win blue rep token

5% - win purple rep token

2% - win certificate

These figures seem more or less consistent with most people's posted results (and my own). Of course there will be some outliers. But let's assume those figures are close to correct.

As has been previously mentioned, green rep tokens vendor for 500 creds, blue for 1000, and purple for 2500.

In a thousand pulls (granted, still a fairly small sample size) I have yet to win multiple items on a single pull, so even if that actually did happen to you, it's got to be exceedingly rare.

There is no earthly way you are going to make a consistent profit merely vendoring rep tokens. You're likely to make back about half of your initial investment.

That said, of course you should make a huge profit if you factor in the jawa junk and anything you can score via CM certs. I'm not contesting that. Just pointing out the fact that it's highly unlikely anyone's profiting off these things solely by selling the tokens. That's hogwash.

Edited by MaximilianPower

I hopped in someone's public stronghold who has 12 of these slot machines next to the decoration vendor. They were placed in six pairs, so six different people can roll two machines at the same time. I had to max my last 25k of rep before I could sell tokens.

~550k credits below starting amount

310x Scrap: Jawa Junk (Purple)

285x Scrap: Assorted Droid Parts (Blue)

322x Scrap: Scavenged Scrap (Green)

60x Cartel Certificate

This took a couple hours while watching a hockey game, RNG on rep tokens will fluctuate the initial credit investment

I will say that (from my experience) the machine does seem to hit SOMETHING on a significant majority of spins. I'm not sure if that is intended or not.

(edit) and I see from the breakdown above that is indeed the case. Well, I personally don't think it's going to break the economy on its own, so I hope they leave it as is. I'm enjoying being able to get some extra purple crafting mats at a lower cost.

Edited by Taramayne

Over 4 million credits per hour with the Contraband Slot Machine

2 weeks later:

"We are looking into this issue, please be patient!" :rolleyes:

6 weeks later

"Worked as intended to boost our cartel pack sales!" :p

btw crafting mats prices already dropped by the 30-40%. Why bother with

Scavenging, Bioanalysis and Archaeology Wealthy Missions now give more materials.
at all? :rolleyes: Edited by Glower

btw crafting mats prices already dropped by the 30-40%. Why bother with

at all? :rolleyes:

To....

Get mats for your own crafting (especially greens, which have a low reward rate from the slot machine)

Schematics

Affection items

Light/Dark points

Less qq from the (former) mat price gougers, thanks.

IF this drop rate is wrong,now is the perfect time for people to buy up the cheap mats,hold them and hope for a fix and price increase :/

Heh... I just spent 6 mil buying stacks of cheap doonium and midlithe crystals. Regardless of what happens, I'll have enough to craft decent gear for all of my Lv60 alts.

Edited by LadyVix

The machine is good for getting stuff from Contraband rep vendor (which is ancient by now so I hop no one screams, they had long enough time to sell their Revan masks for fat profit) and cartel certificates for Decorations that were vastly overpriced prior. That's it, no Cartel reputation is awarded sans Contraband so you can't use the Certificates from Machine on other Rep vendors even if you have dozens of them. As for mats - this was never going to be a money maker with Conquests and packs already pouring stupid amount of Jawa stuff into playerbase and Grade 11 exchange slashing prices within just few hours, before most people even opened their Hypercrates in search for machine lol.

So really, mostly decorating thingy and some old Cartel rewards + personal crafting. Not overtuned/OP at all. I sure hope Biwoare focuses on Underlurker, Coratanni & Torque bugs and tuning instead of the machine....

Concur with this assessment. I installed one tonight and played with it for a couple hundred coins. Nothing over powered here. It's old rep that most people have maxed probably. Junk.... just another way to get crafting mats, and it's nice to have a different way now, rather then be dependent on fluctuations in the GTN.

As usual.. the crafters take great offense at everything.... but it will pass.

Concur with this assessment. I installed one tonight and played with it for a couple hundred coins. Nothing over powered here. It's old rep that most people have maxed probably. Junk.... just another way to get crafting mats, and it's nice to have a different way now, rather then be dependent on fluctuations in the GTN.

As usual.. the crafters take great offense at everything.... but it will pass.

I have a question, since I have been a bit reticent to actually purchase the thing....the rep certs....are they ones that allow you purchase embargoed sets, located on the vendors in the cartel area on the fleet?

I just wanted to make sure that is what they are before I purchase the slot machine.

I have a question, since I have been a bit reticent to actually purchase the thing....the rep certs....are they ones that allow you purchase embargoed sets, located on the vendors in the cartel area on the fleet?

I just wanted to make sure that is what they are before I purchase the slot machine.

Cartel Market Certificates. So yes the ones used on fleet.

Cartel Market Certificates. So yes the ones used on fleet.

Ah, fantastic.

I don't buy the packs, even from the GTN, so my only chance to get the certs (to my knowledge) is either to buy them from the GTN or get them this way.

There are a few items that have been embargoed that I have been interested in for some time now.

Ah, fantastic.

I don't buy the packs, even from the GTN, so my only chance to get the certs (to my knowledge) is either to buy them from the GTN or get them this way.

There are a few items that have been embargoed that I have been interested in for some time now.

This slot machine is now known as the Obama Welfare machine be grateful!

Ah, fantastic.

These are great solutions for me to get my Red-Black crystals easier from the CM rep vendor. Since they are 3 Certs a piece.

Yes, it's the standard purple Cartel Market Certificate. So unless it's bugged, should be no issue.

Basically, the machine will help you max Contraband rep if you still need it. But the real plum is it gives you a way to gain CM Certificates without having to buy Cartel Packs. Crafters will love the junk and the secondary market it drives.

It's not the giant pot of credits-for-clicks that some folks are claiming.

Edited by Andryah