Ravagers Exploit Action Update

EricMusco

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but do you get this mad when people use cheat codes in Skyrim and Devil May Cry?

Not mad, but can you from an intellectually honest stand point really attempt to make the case that singleplayer games operate under the same ruleset as multiplayer games?

Come on...

I just slap stuff on GTN for whatever price gets it on the first couple of pages without needlessly undercutting for the sake of undercutting, and if it doesn't sell, then meh, whatever, I'll post it again in a few days under the same general process. I don't track prices, buy low and sell high, or otherwise "play the market".

Anything with a GTN price that's not significantly higher than vendoring, just gets vendored, or left in storage.

I have zero interest in "maximizing profit" or trying to finish the game with the most credits, and zero regard for anyone who wishes to constrain the availability of gear or other items for the sake of those goals.

Congrats, you've technically engaged in GTN PVP. Do you feel dirty?

Congrats, you've technically engaged in GTN PVP. Do you feel dirty?

How? I just posted stuff at the low end of the going rate. I neither drove the prices up, nor drove them down. I didn't try to constrain the supply. I didn't wait for a price spike to sell. I didn't try to remove the cheapest goods from the market and resell them at the highest price.

That's great for you. Too bad that's not the only concern...

I will put it simply:

Even when it doesn't directly affect you personally, cheating is wrong and carries consequences.

Not always. Life isn't fair.

I don't cheat because I don't cheat. And how someone who does is treated... doesn't affect that statement in the least.

Not mad, but can you from an intellectually honest stand point really attempt to make the case that singleplayer games operate under the same ruleset as multiplayer games?

Come on...

i

Maybe you can explain how one group's ease in beating operations negatively impacts anyone else?

If we were talking about PvP win-trading, you'd have a leg to stand on. But, we're not

Or rather, you're unable to tell the difference between "defending" and "having perspective on the actual severity of their actions".

All your doing is making up excuses every single time in every single quote, I sense some guilt

That's how your supposed to get the gear, do the Ops legitimately

I know. I agree. He has made comments before about not caring about min-max'd gear and performance because he doesn't do operations.

As such, I doubt he participated in the exploit because it is outside his self-imposed content bubble.

I know. I agree. He has made comments before about not caring about min-max'd gear and performance because he doesn't do operations.

As such, I doubt he participated in the exploit because it is outside his self-imposed content bubble.

I never said he exploited, I said he's defending exploiters

Instead of blaming people with the exploit you should go and learn how to make real MMO game as this is not the 1st time to happen i find that this game have no right to blame any one for doing exploit if the game developer cant fix it then he or she should be replaced with real skilled developers that know how to make normal MMO game without exploit and if SWTOR even ban one person i will stop playing this game as it have rubbish game developers that blame people for there mistakes...
\

guess you have to stop playing. which is fine. While you sit there and poke a stick at their developers, you appear not to be able to use English well enough to write. Pot, meet kettle.

Edited by PatT
my spelling

just one more reason to play with gear not for it

if your playing for fun the fun should be the reword

we will have 100+ player on fleet just sitting around burning time .because they have a mind set that nothing is worth there time lol ?

achievements should be the games currency

PLAY WITH GEAR NOT FOR IT

Cheating or not cheating, taking advantage or not taking advantage, what is very cool to see is the effort by BW team to punish players for taking advantage of something. I wonder if they put that kind of effort to resolve the issues of the game?, The effort to fix what people for FREE on pts and tell them that the exploit is real, and they ddin´t took a fast action? People took advantage but if more and more players took advantage its BW fault. 3 weeks is not enough for fixing a situation in a game???

I wonder

But then again, punish the players but punish yourselfs as well. That would be something cool to see.

Idiots and more idiots... Oh one mroe thing, there´s something about the long timed nefra exploit and nothing wasn´t done??? Just a curious thought

its a video game

and so cheating is okay here. right. Like I said...is this where *you* draw the line? Or is it cheating on your taxes. Or maybe lying to a cop? Or buying a term paper online? They're all still cheating.

i

Maybe you can explain how one group's ease in beating operations negatively impacts anyone else?

If we were talking about PvP win-trading, you'd have a leg to stand on. But, we're not

but I can do that. If one group easily beats new ops...because they have gear they shouldn't...they keep making ops harder. Groups that cheat become "elite" and the rest of us have mountains we can't climb. The eye you have your thumb in is mine. And my guild's. And all those who don't cheat. They make content harder becasue of you, but you cheat to clear it and I don't clear it because I don't cheat.

I'm still standing. and I'm beginning to hate pvp-qq'ers. I don't pvp. Because you guys cheat. You all say so yourselves.

Actually, Max is likely innocent. He isn't some elitist scum that feels the need to do operations for BiS gear.

/Seconded

I don't see eye to eye with Max all that often... but I do not think he would have exploited. Just doesn't strike me as his style, from other posts of his.. I believe he prefers solo play.

"We feel responsible for allowing the exploit to occur and remain in the game for an unreasonable length of time, but we also cannot and will not condone cheating."

Hey Folks,

Okay, it was an exploit and players can be, and have been, banned over this. However, leaving this exploit in for so long and many other broken issues in the game is inexcusable. I used to fire people for not doing their jobs or duty. I think it is only fair that those who are not maintaining this game and take it out on the player community to shift the blame should essentially be perma-banned from working at BW.

So what if he is?

It's not like that defense is going to have an impact.

Why be threatened by his opinion? Do you find it that compelling?

*slow clap*

Everyone has a point of view... just because it doesn't dovetail with yours doesn't make it any less valid for expression. The witch hunt based on opinions needs to stop- especially since it's blown over now.