No Rakghoul Today?

Rankyn

I love this game like no other, spent more $ on this than anything else in my electronic arsenal..

But I honestly feel that BW has checked out on this game.

SoR is a pretty paltry expansion, I was hoping it would take me more than 2 or 3 hours to clear all the content (minus Ops of course, which I am sure we'll get more of eventually)

The 12 days of Christmas was clearly treated as an afterthought by whomever was controlling the release of packs. (See Coming Soon for 3 days, only to have them halfassedly edit the post hours after the supposed next round of packs "Surprise, its the same as yesterday, and the day before!")

Class complaints are very often ignored, and it took them way too long to acknowledge and address the lag issues many people are having.

Now this Rakghoul Event conquest (error?) just shows how sloppy these guys are getting.

Honey, you've let yourself go.

I will be unbelievably bummed when this game is shelved, but with the behavior I've seen by the official BW staff I feel that this day is coming much sooner than I'd like.

Great post!!! Very nicely stated.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewards for content participation are all out of whack (e.g. better rewards running old 55 content).

This is very surprising to me too! Once I max out rep with Coalition Forces, I have no plans to return to Y4 simply because I can spend less time doing 50 dailies for higher credit rewards!

This game has such infinite potential, and I am under the impression they should get back to their roots by holding off on content like GSF and GSH's and investing more time into the core gameplay areas that all players will enjoy being apart of.

Anyways, that's just my +2 credits.

For me the list just keeps growing...

SoR is very small, and while generally enjoyable, was clearly over-hyped and for me, underwhelming.

The ongoing waves of ability delay and latency have made enjoying the expansion content difficult.

Events such as Gree (tied to Life Day items) and Rhakghoul (tied to this week's Conquest) are MIA.

Rewards for content participation are all out of whack (e.g. better rewards running old 55 content).

One Operation has major bugs and the other is highly exploitable, both going on for multiple weeks.

Content was removed from Group Finder, making the already small expansion feel smaller.

Also a great post Dawn. The "bugs/mistake/sploit" they've left in-game have made their 2 major Ops unnecessary and irrelevant in less than 2 weeks. I find it absolutely shocking they haven't patched yet.

• Dev Post
Does the event start later in the day or did they forget to activate it for this week's Conquest?

Kinda tough to get some of those objectives if it isn't running.

Hey Rankyn,

Just to confirm, I am unaware of plans for the Rakghoul event to turn on this week. I believe that Conquest went live in error. However, due to the nature of Conquests I would expect the event will run throughout the week. I apologize for any inconvenience since this will certainly mean parts of this weeks Conquests cannot be completed. I will pass this on to be looked into.

-eric

Hey Rankyn,

Just to confirm, I am unaware of plans for the Rakghoul event to turn on this week. I believe that Conquest went live in error. However, due to the nature of Conquests I would expect the event will run throughout the week. I apologize for any inconvenience since this will certainly mean parts of this weeks Conquests cannot be completed. I will pass this on to be looked into.

-eric

HA HA HA WOW, BioWare.

I will profess ignorance to the intricate workings of MMO management and administration, but one would THINK that there would be some amount of communication between the people switching on the weekly events and the people switching on the recurring events. I mean seriously, did nobody check with anybody?

This kind of stuff makes me feel like I'm watching Jay Cutler loft passes over his receivers' fingertips again. I'm a wholehearted fan and all, and I think the haters are being unfairly critical, but dammit, can you PLEASE stop screwing up?

Edited by venomlash

I love this game like no other, spent more $ on this than anything else in my electronic arsenal..

But I honestly feel that BW has checked out on this game.

SoR is a pretty paltry expansion, I was hoping it would take me more than 2 or 3 hours to clear all the content (minus Ops of course, which I am sure we'll get more of eventually)

The 12 days of Christmas was clearly treated as an afterthought by whomever was controlling the release of packs. (See Coming Soon for 3 days, only to have them halfassedly edit the post hours after the supposed next round of packs "Surprise, its the same as yesterday, and the day before!")

Class complaints are very often ignored, and it took them way too long to acknowledge and address the lag issues many people are having.

Now this Rakghoul Event conquest (error?) just shows how sloppy these guys are getting.

Honey, you've let yourself go.

I will be unbelievably bummed when this game is shelved, but with the behavior I've seen by the official BW staff I feel that this day is coming much sooner than I'd like.

Word for word how I've started to feel since SoR dropped.

Hey Rankyn,

-eric

I was hoping that there was a logical reason for this event to be missing, like they were not able to scale it to level 60, or they just wanted to give players another chance to get the conquest achievement.

But I find it concerning that players knew about the Rakghoul conquest coming this week for a long time, while the community team gets surprised by it. :eek:

Edited by Jerba

I was hoping that there was a logical reason for this event to be missing, like they were not able to scale it to level 60, or they just wanted to give players another chance to get the conquest achievement.

But I find it concerning that players knew about the Rakghoul conquest this week for a long time, while the community team is surprised by it. :eek:

no surprise really they have been off for two weeks, first week I get holidays and all, but second is like wow. The game is compromised with an exploit, players are still dealing with a myriad amount of bugs and issues and to top it off an event is being waved in our face that simply doesn't exist and conquest is shot this week, ok parts of it but still the point remains. WOW, I am disappointed for sure, it's sad they don't try and make things up to players anymore , we are just supposed to deal with it and hope next week is better xD

Edited by krisknife

But I find it concerning that players knew about the Rakghoul conquest this week for a long time, while the community team is surprised by it. :eek:

There's a perfectly logical reason.

The Rakghoul Plague has been eradicated.

I think what Eric meant to say was, "since we didn't get the gree event up and running which would have changed this event to the relics of the gree conquest week; somebody merely forgot to change it to a regular conquest competition in the last patch"

Fixed it for you Eric.

Hey Rankyn,

-eric

Hello Eric,

I'm sure it is certainly against EA/BW official policy to comment on datamined information. However, we all know of your tacit endorsement of Dulfy and her information, which pulls from the clearly-proven-to-be-reliable datamined conquest schedule. In other words, you all should have known that the playerbase expected this conquest to concur with the Rakghoul event going live.

What is your explanation for this oversight? Is it because conquest objectives for Rakghoul Resurgence: Alderaan are not coded yet? Is it because story mode Eyeless is not scaled to level 60 yet? Because someone mistakenly threw Rakghoul to replace Relics of Gree since no one got Relics of Gree ready for level 60?

Or, does it fall into the same lack of team communication that allows the Death Mark event that USUALLY coincides with bounty contract week to not have any BCW-related objectives ... the same lack of communication that had you post about a disconnect between BCW and Death Mark implying that Death Mark contained objectives related to BCW, when in fact no such connection existed? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7711448#edit7711448

On related notes:

1) why is Clash in Hyperspace missing from conquests for the next two months?

2) why are there no Bounty Broker Association bounty contract week events part of the objective for the Death Mark conquest event?

3) why are there no space mission (not GSF) conquest objectives for Clash in Hyperspace?

Edited by phalczen

HA HA HA WOW, BioWare.

I will profess ignorance to the intricate workings of MMO management and administration, but one would THINK that there would be some amount of communication between the people switching on the weekly events and the people switching on the recurring events. I mean seriously, did nobody check with anybody?

This kind of stuff makes me feel like I'm watching Jay Cutler loft passes over his receivers' fingertips again. I'm a wholehearted fan and all, and I think the haters are being unfairly critical, but dammit, can you PLEASE stop screwing up?

At least he acknowledged it. The pvpers are still begging for some kind of acknowledgement with the current problems with bolster.

There's a perfectly logical reason.

The Rakghoul Plague has been eradicated.

Actually, the problem is it should read "Rakghoul Resurgence: Taris". They are all over the place on Taris. Clearly it was just the planet listed that was wrong...

I think Rakghoul would be much more fun if it just turned on at random, but then it could be turned off with enough people running the cure.

That could be interesting. The first one ever happened out of nowhere too, that felt pretty fun having all my guildies run over to Tatooine after seeing these terminals pop up on the fleet.

Only downside was people saying they missed the whole thing due to holidays. Doesn't seem like a big deal now considering how many events we get but it was back then.

It morphed into a new strain - The "LAGhoul"

OK, the jokes about the lag got annoying some time ago. But now they are funny again. :D

Sadly the only way to get their atention and make them care is to unsub. If enough people do it maybe they will come down from their lalalalazy land and actually start working for the cash we keep feeding them.

I somehow have the feeling that if enough people unsub, they will just use this as an excuse for shutting down this game instead of working harder.

Hey Rankyn,

-eric

How about posting in the Lag/ FPS posts Eric, its unbelievable BW are ignoring the issues and not letting players know the situation regarding Lag and FPS issues, A yellow post wouldn't hurt, ignoring the issues makes ppl unsub and moan even more, Terrible CS tbh.

Hey Rankyn,

-eric

EAWARE STRIKES AGAIN!! WHO IS ON THE FRONTPAGE OF THE IDGAF ABOUT YOU PAPER? CONQUEST GUILDS!!!

maybe now that they have pissed off the biggest chunk of the population, maybe someone will rip *** and get a better communication system going in Austin. honestly, the graphic design team has no clue what the game engine is capable of, the story line crew has no clue about whats being patched, whats next? is the janitorial staff gonna forget yall need toilet paper? #fingerscrossed

Sadly the only way to get their atention and make them care is to unsub. If enough people do it maybe they will come down from their lalalalazy land and actually start working for the cash we keep feeding them.

We cancel our subs, they just fire more people and there's even less people to do anything but create Cartel Items for sale.

EAWARE STRIKES AGAIN!! WHO IS ON THE FRONTPAGE OF THE IDGAF ABOUT YOU PAPER? CONQUEST GUILDS!!!

maybe now that they have pissed off the biggest chunk of the population, maybe someone will rip *** and get a better communication system going in Austin. honestly, the graphic design team has no clue what the game engine is capable of, the story line crew has no clue about whats being patched, whats next? is the janitorial staff gonna forget yall need toilet paper? #fingerscrossed

You're aware that there is exactly ONE objective that cannot be completed without the event, right? And it's a one time objective worth 1000 points. Conquests are won and lost via crafting, so in the long run, this event being up an running or not will have absolutely no impact on the outcome of conquests.