Goals for Addressing Server Concerns

EricMusco

So, we have already passed the half-year anniversary of the first post, and in 5 days it will be 7 months. Are you guys getting any closer to releasing like, any detail?

I don't feel like PvE queues are going to become faster especially if you are taking the PvP route. Speaking of PvP, the lack of real content also does not help with PvP queues.

You said you intended to make the changes in the next year.

Well, half of it has already passed, and while I don't know much about game development, I think you should, at least, have a concept by now of what they will be like. Unless you mean to tell me all the work will take you mere 5 months.:rolleyes:

You should know by now that when Eric makes posts like this its just PR. They never actually follow through with it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever happened to this? What were the details about the improvement to the queue times for PvP and PvE?

What happened is the same thing that always happens as I said in my last post lol. They make a post with "soon™" and then pray people forget about it as they never follow up. I mean for crying aloud this thread was made almost a year ago with no real updates lol.

Edited by Raansu

regardless of how cheap transfers are, why should players spend their own money to fix BIOWARES problem?

Just for the sake of argument, how is dead servers 100% BW's fault? They're not. People leave the game for all sorts of various reasons, other than just the game itself.

With that aside, I do agree with you, but also like another poster stated awhile back, why continue playing on a dead server just to spite BW? Use a free transfer & and a cheap one then start over on another server. You have your legacy & all that.

You don't have to spend your own money either. You get 500 (+100 if SK) a month. That's 5 transfers for free. No money out of pocket aside from what you're already paying in sub fees. So you can still "force" their hand somewhat so to speak, but enjoy your play time.

They've given a cheap alternative for now. (Plus IMO it gives you a chance to branch out to several different servers so that you can have leveled toons to play on when other servers bore you/crash/etc...)

So far that cheap alternative is the only thing they've said other than the link I gave that was stated in August. They've been asked, and asked. They're staying silent for a reason. Not sure why, but maybe soon we will actually be told. *shrug*

Just for the sake of argument, how is dead servers 100% BW's fault? They're not. People leave the game for all sorts of various reasons, other than just the game itself.

With that aside, I do agree with you, but also like another poster stated awhile back, why continue playing on a dead server just to spite BW? Use a free transfer & and a cheap one then start over on another server. You have your legacy & all that.

You don't have to spend your own money either. You get 500 (+100 if SK) a month. That's 5 transfers for free. No money out of pocket aside from what you're already paying in sub fees. So you can still "force" their hand somewhat so to speak, but enjoy your play time.

They've given a cheap alternative for now. (Plus IMO it gives you a chance to branch out to several different servers so that you can have leveled toons to play on when other servers bore you/crash/etc...)

So far that cheap alternative is the only thing they've said other than the link I gave that was stated in August. They've been asked, and asked. They're staying silent for a reason. Not sure why, but maybe soon we will actually be told. *shrug*

Improve the game, people won't leave. How can any game that has a content drought of over 7 months actually attract and importantly, retain new players? So yes, they have a direct impact on server populations and if they designed the game with cross server from day 1, it probably would be in a much stronger place.

Edited by DarthMaulUK

wait what does this mean? Server merger!? mega server!?!

No server mergers or megaservers, they said they want to keep server identity alive, so the best thing they could do is cross server.

But really, this post was a whole lot of

"We are here to tell you that we are working on stuff we can't tell you about"

Which is what we have been hearing for years.

wait what does this mean? Server merger!? mega server!?!

Noooo! I like being on servers with low populations! Plus if there's another merger I'll loose all my character names AGAIN! I lost almost all of them the first time, which sucked.

Improve the game, people won't leave. How can any game that has a content drought of over 7 months actually attract and importantly, retain new players? So yes, they have a direct impact on server populations and if they designed the game with cross server from day 1, it probably would be in a much stronger place.

Hey not arguing with that point at all. Was just stating facts on the other.

I for one am all for cross server queues, more WZs, and Ops. But seems "we" who want that are a minority because of "metrics". rofl

Apparently BW does not deem low servers as a problem at the moment.

regardless of how cheap transfers are, why should players spend their own money to fix BIOWARES problem?

Too true. Bioware is being PAYED extra for NOT addressing it. It may only be 90cc here and there, but the sheer amount of it adds up.

Too true. Bioware is being PAYED extra for NOT addressing it. It may only be 90cc here and there, but the sheer amount of it adds up.

And of course, Lots of ppl have left servers because of lack of Content, or just plain Not doing enough to keep the Subs, like ppl not liking how KOTFE will become more of just a Single Player game. And a Huge non-caring Devd community when it comes to PvP stuff.

I see All of the Pvp Servers being lost most likely.

And of course, Lots of ppl have left servers because of lack of Content, or just plain Not doing enough to keep the Subs, like ppl not liking how KOTFE will become more of just a Single Player game. And a Huge non-caring Devd community when it comes to PvP stuff.

I see All of the Pvp Servers being lost most likely.

Absolutely. I think the PvP servers are done for good.

Not only will FE have no positive impact on them, but I believe FE will actually HURT PvP servers overall, as curious players return to the game, only to be greeted by a completely dead (in MMO terms) server. They'll turn away and never look back.

It's a mistake to not address servers prior to FE.

I think this means the same thing that was said 12-15 months ago or longer (I quit keeping track to be honest)......

Please put my vote firmly in the category of lots of pops for everything over having to change my character name. It's not even a close decision for me.

It's a mistake to not address servers prior to FE.

Or at launch with KOTFE. This is TOR's 2nd chance at "relaunch". Won't be another. This is the moment to improve infrastructure of the game. They're doing alot of general changes (companions, gearing etc) but server structure along with mentioned communication tools should definitely be a the top of KOTFE's feature list priority.

Absolutely. I think the PvP servers are done for good.

Being on the Bastion, on the imp side (I've been going through all the imp stories lately), what I generally see is 150-200 people on fleet, around 70 or more people on starter planets, around 30 on middle ones and 10-20 on late level planets like Voss and Corellia. Those are roughly the same numbers I used to see on the pub side in late 2012. (Not sure about the pub side now.) It's not as dire as you make it out to be.