The coalition base on Yavin needs to be neutral territory.

Beakertanks

awwwww.... sad. :(

now I can't throw people off the ledge whenever they try to use the taxi! :( :( :(

Is it wrong that I loved watching them fall to their deaths? is it!?!

now I must spend the weekend doing it to people while I still can, it is my duty :rak_03:

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that was some definition based on some made up pixel value system that by no means represents anything but your personal opinion :rolleyes:

Of course it represents my own opinion, as does any post on this forum, including yours. How does that change anything? Do the devs need to change the forums so that ever post is automatically surrounded by "<OPINION>" tags? :D

I've been PvPing in games for almost 30 years, stretching back the MajorBBS days, and on through a hundred other games since. I feel I've earned the right to have an opinion on the definition.

Of course, you have the right to your own opinion as well. However, I feel more people agree with my definition than yours, and your continued dismissive posts with no real argument to back it up only strengthens that opinion.

Of course it represents my own opinion, as does any post on this forum, including yours. How does that change anything? Do the devs need to change the forums so that ever post is automatically surrounded by "<OPINION>" tags? :D

I've been PvPing in games for almost 30 years, stretching back the MajorBBS days, and on through a hundred other games since. I feel I've earned the right to have an opinion on the definition.

Of course, you have the right to your own opinion as well. However, I feel more people agree with my definition than yours, and your continued dismissive posts with no real argument to back it up only strengthens that opinion.

Your opinion reflects mine as well. :)

No.

Real PvPers want epic battles against other willing and skilled players. They want to beat someone who is both willing and capable of defending themselves. The more difficult the battle, the better the sense of accomplishment.

Griefers want to kill players who are still loading, under-leveled, underpowered, outnumbered or otherwise at a serious disadvantage. The easier the battle, the better they feel about themselves.

That's the difference. Open world and Instanced are just two different flavors of PvP, each with their own good and bad for both categories of players.

true Scotsman fallacy much?

the false assumption you make is that there is something wrong with killing a player under unfair or uncompetitive circumstances. there isn't. its a PvP server and they are flagged; I have their consent to attack them ergo how can it be wrong?

I'll kill a lowbie no problem...that doesn't mean I derive any special pleasure from it. nor would I go to zones for the sole purpose of hunting lowbies as I don't find it fun. that isn't to say there isn't anything wrong with that.

the false assumption you make is that there is something wrong with killing a player under unfair or uncompetitive circumstances. there isn't. its a PvP server and they are flagged; I have their consent to attack them ergo how can it be wrong?

It's not wrong by the rules of the server, as in bioware has no position to action you for doing it. However that has no bearing as to whether or not it should be immediately changed as it is a creating a situation where players are being farmed will absolutely no ability to fight back.

While no this isn't against the rules, it is however terrible design because it will invariably lead to frustration and likely unsubbing from the people being spawn camped.

true Scotsman fallacy much?

I'll kill a lowbie no problem...that doesn't mean I derive any special pleasure from it. nor would I go to zones for the sole purpose of hunting lowbies as I don't find it fun. that isn't to say there isn't anything wrong with that.

Technically it would only be a No True Scottsman argument if I'd reinterated my statment in the post above this one instead of acknowledging the fact that the statement is only an opinion. Again, since every post on this forum represents it's posters opinions, do we really need to spend half of every post pointing out this fact?

And as far as I am aware, the change they are putting into place is for PvE servers only, where a small number of Griefers have been using various tricks to get players flagged and then sitting on the res point to kill them repeatedly. Also, as far as I am aware, this change will only change the setting for the default landing zone, not for the other 95% of Yavin where those of us who enjoy open world PvP can gank and be ganked to our hearts content.

So again, in my opnion the only people objecting to this are Griefers, not PvPers, and their QQ is rather silly.

It's not wrong by the rules of the server, as in bioware has no position to action you for doing it. However that has no bearing as to whether or not it should be immediately changed as it is a creating a situation where players are being farmed will absolutely no ability to fight back.

While no this isn't against the rules, it is however terrible design because it will invariably lead to frustration and likely unsubbing from the people being spawn camped.

This would be the result for sure.

From your stand point, it's not wrong, and arguably, you're right...it's a PvP server, I understand that, I'm fair game and I don't complain when I die in PvP. Had Bioware come out and said "This is how we want it to be", I'd have lived with it...but I think it was an oversight since no other area in this game has anything close to this, where your only location to load in can be camped...as well as the rez center.

From a business stand point, it would have frustrated enough players that I believe they would have lost revenue over it. It doesn't match their 3yr track record of design choices. It would have marked the 1st time that PvP could impede a players ability to level...something Bioware was against from the start.

No.

Real PvPers want epic battles against other willing and skilled players. They want to beat someone who is both willing and capable of defending themselves. The more difficult the battle, the better the sense of accomplishment.

Griefers want to kill players who are still loading, under-leveled, underpowered, outnumbered or otherwise at a serious disadvantage. The easier the battle, the better they feel about themselves.

That's the difference. Open world and Instanced are just two different flavors of PvP, each with their own good and bad for both categories of players.

hahah this^

all the QQ right now is from the second group that will loses their ability to farm easy spawn kills

there is nothing wrong with pvp on a pvp server, now if we can just get past the griefing by design bit

That's a pretty *********** stupid interpretation... What's it to you??? That poster is right... If you're on a PvP server you signed up for it, don't complain... If you're on one of the kids servers don't herp derp yourself and you're good to go...

There's a lot of fear in this post. Scared of a change in the status quo? I know an opponent who can fight back is scary but with a little practice and skill it might get a bit easier.

Edited by Rhyltran

hahah this^

all the QQ right now is from the second group that will loses their ability to farm easy spawn kills

there is nothing wrong with pvp on a pvp server, now if we can just get past the griefing by design bit

wrong. the QQ was not started by people who wanted to PVP. it was started by people who want the entire staging zone a safe zone. people who disagree with that are not disagreeing because they want to spawn camp, but because some fun PVP happens there. but that will be no more come Tuesday. yavin will be just like the other daily areas where the only PVP that happens is ganking people doing quests.

if the suggestion was to just make the small area where you zone in safe, no problem. if the suggestion was to giving immunity for x number of seconds when first entering the zone, no problem. but the problem is, the entire zone will be no PVP after patch.

so you and the others can stop with the silly, "only griefers want to PVP there", statements.

wrong. the QQ was not started by people who wanted to PVP. it was started by people who want the entire staging zone a safe zone. people who disagree with that are not disagreeing because they want to spawn camp, but because some fun PVP happens there. but that will be no more come Tuesday. yavin will be just like the other daily areas where the only PVP that happens is ganking people doing quests.

if the suggestion was to just make the small area where you zone in safe, no problem. if the suggestion was to giving immunity for x number of seconds when first entering the zone, no problem. but the problem is, the entire zone will be no PVP after patch.

so you and the others can stop with the silly, "only griefers want to PVP there", statements.

What's preventing the numerous players you think enjoyed this from doing it at the first shuttle point? Can't all you like minded folk meet up there still?

What you're suggesting for fixes would have been fine, but they'd have taken far too much Dev time, something we have a shortage of. Making it a sanctuary area was the obvious "fix" for stopping the griefing.

And I'm confused by your use of the term "zone"...just that tiny starting area is being impacted, the small area that's like 40x40m...not "Yavin", just the staging area that players land at and rez at.

Edited by TUXs

so to sum up your argument....

"dont take my griefing away bro, i needs mah gank zone because the staging zone is the only palace i can pvpz with a no loose advantage QQ"

so to sum up your argument....

"dont take my griefing away bro, i needs mah gank zone because the staging zone is the only palace i can pvpz with a no loose advantage QQ"

he didn't say anything like that...either way I suggest that you try a pve server I feel their ruleset would be better for your enjoyment.

What's preventing the numerous players you think enjoyed this from doing it at the first shuttle point? Can't all you like minded folk meet up there still?

What you're suggesting for fixes would have been fine, but they'd have taken far too much Dev time, something we have a shortage of. Making it a sanctuary area was the obvious "fix" for stopping the griefing.

And I'm confused by your use of the term "zone"...just that tiny starting area is being impacted, the small area that's like 40x40m...not "Yavin", just the staging area that players land at and rez at.

yes, i am talking about the starting staging area. what made yavin different was that both imps and reps started in the same area close to each others. as soon as you enter zone you can see red name plates right across from you. so PVP will break out sometimes. people see it happening and join in. except for the ones who don't want any PVP outside of WZs, they see it happen and run to forums to get it stopped completely.

whats stopping people from meeting in some other place for PVP? the same thing that stops it in the other daily areas. people are spread out doing their quests. so all you get is ganking people who are doing quests. nothing but 1v1s or 2v1s or maybe 2v2 sometimes. but plenty of times since last week at yavin starting zone, have had 8+ on each side PVPing.

yes, i am talking about the starting staging area. what made yavin different was that both imps and reps started in the same area close to each others. as soon as you enter zone you can see red name plates right across from you. so PVP will break out sometimes. people see it happening and join in. except for the ones who don't want any PVP outside of WZs, they see it happen and run to forums to get it stopped completely.

whats stopping people from meeting in some other place for PVP? the same thing that stops it in the other daily areas. people are spread out doing their quests. so all you get is ganking people who are doing quests. nothing but 1v1s or 2v1s or maybe 2v2 sometimes. but plenty of times since last week at yavin starting zone, have had 8+ on each side PVPing.

You keep saying it is nothing but equal or close to equal sides fighting it out in an epic PvP battle. But I have never seen that. Its one group spawn camping people and AoEing the instance phase. There is no epic battle. Bunch of losers exploiting a bad design to grief other player because they get off on it. The whole aspect of it that you and the other supporters like is that you are griefing other players.

Edited by Warrgames

You keep saying it is nothing but equal or close to equal sides fighting it out in an epic PvP battle. But I have never seen that. Its one group spawn camping people and AoEing the instance phase. There is no epic battle. Bunch of losers exploiting a bad design to grief other player because they get off on it.

i never said anything about epic battles or both sides always being even. i doubt you spend much time in yavin staging area if you think its just one side AOEing the spawn spot for hours on end. my guess is one time when you spawned into yavin you died and have spend the rest of your time campaigning on the forums to make it a safe zone.

just a couple of hours ago i went to yavin, died soon after spawning. revived, moved away, healed up, then joined the PVP. lasted for little while, then it died out and once the fighting was over, the imps moved away from spawn area. there was no spawn camping squad just sitting there AOEing the spot for hours on end.

There's reason for PVP to be allowed at a spawn point. It's the same kind of mistake they made on Illum at launch. you'd think they'd have figured out that if it was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now. It should at least be changed on PVE servers. What those of you on PVP servers do is you're own problem and I don't terribly care.)

You keep saying it is nothing but equal or close to equal sides fighting it out in an epic PvP battle. But I have never seen that. Its one group spawn camping people and AoEing the instance phase. There is no epic battle. Bunch of losers exploiting a bad design to grief other player because they get off on it. The whole aspect of it that you and the other supporters like is that you are griefing other players.
im not sure why you insist on belittling people for pvping on a pvp server. losers? you seem way too emotionally invested in this given the fact you play on a pve server.

which im assuming given how ,uch you hate pvp.

im not sure why you insist on belittling people for pvping on a pvp server. losers? you seem way too emotionally invested in this given the fact you play on a pve server.

which im assuming given how ,uch you hate pvp.

ROFL I play on PvP server and PvP is why I play MMO. Spawn camping isn't PvP.

i never said anything about epic battles or both sides always being even. i doubt you spend much time in yavin staging area if you think its just one side AOEing the spawn spot for hours on end. my guess is one time when you spawned into yavin you died and have spend the rest of your time campaigning on the forums to make it a safe zone.

just a couple of hours ago i went to yavin, died soon after spawning. revived, moved away, healed up, then joined the PVP. lasted for little while, then it died out and once the fighting was over, the imps moved away from spawn area. there was no spawn camping squad just sitting there AOEing the spot for hours on end.

I don't need to spend much time there. I can read general chat "there a group spawning camping on instance 4" or other things to the same effect. I just finish my dailies there and same guild that normal does it was doing it again.

Griefers and spawn-gankers are the PvP equivalent of the people who wait for someone else to start clearing a node or chest, and then run up and grab it.

There will always be people who can only find enjoyment by making the game less enjoyable for others, and people too pathetic to get by on their own effort.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

he didn't say anything like that...either way I suggest that you try a pve server I feel their ruleset would be better for your enjoyment.

no im on a pvp server because i love pvp, i have no problems with the rule set

spawn ganking and griefing are against bio wares own rule sets up till this zone, it was fixed on illum and it will be fixed here.

make sure to get all your amazing load farming in before tuesday for max e-peen

Spawn camping isn't PvP.

Just because it's unsportsmanlike does mean it isn't PvP.

At Normandy, weren't the Germans spawn camping the allied troops?

That said, I enjoy PvP the most when things are evenly matched. Aren't live sports the same way for most people?

I'd rather have a Dwight Clark moment with 51 seconds on the clock than the one-sided slaughter in 1990 any day of the week.

Edited by Khevar