Anyone else leaving SWTOR until 12xp comes back?

Highsis

Wo

I'm actually thinking of canceling my sub.

despite that I'm not crying about not having the 12x boost. However, I am strongly considering canceling because I just don't have the time to grind .

LOL you can level from 1-55 in 2 weeks with only rested XP and no xp boosts

THERE IS NO GRIND in SW:TOR

If you dont have time TO PLAY, thats one thing

If you are no good at game and cant advance, thats another thing

but

If you claim its a grind, thats a flat out lie and MMORPGs probably not the genre for you if you think this game is a grind

I swear Id pay real money just to watch these new MMO players try original release EQ. if they really think this game has any grind at all.

I would be laughing myself silly at their fake outrage in that game.

Or watch them try to get a Jedi in original SWG jedi system (that would be so epic to watch)

There is no grind in SW:TOR and really wish people would stop trying to make it sound like there is

2 weeks from 0 to max IS NOT A GRIND

Its a freaking gift

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/color]

I would disagree, but I can't argue against the logic of that statement. You could most certainly be correct.

Fair point.

Let me be clear about this...multiple studies have demonstrated (depending on how they defined casual and hardcore of course) that hardcore players are generally dedicated, loyal players. Casual players, on the other hand are far more transient.

So that point you make is absolutely valid IMO...not that you need my validation of course.

My intention is try and reduce that transient nature. It can be argued that that is not possible, and that can be a logical stand IMO. But I do not think the effort is hopeless, especially in a game such as this.

I think this game has unique opportunities to draw casual players in todays market based on its subject material and the upcoming movies in the genre.

I added more to my post , I have a bad habit of Edit . It is a bad thing to do.

The issues with these MMOs of today is the little to do besides just trying to run your way to the cap level to do what you think everyone else is having fun doing to only find out once you get there , it is more grind and no one is really finding it fun .

So those who usual stay find ways to make it fun or atleast to keep themselves happy with the same rotation of dailies they do everyday .

I said in the first month when people were begging for more content , that Bioware should work on what they have adding more into the already made maps to capture peoples time and focus .

I mean I do not RP but the RPing in this game is kinda hindered in how flat the characters are . Standing tall and like a board.

Women are almost sexless , men have a weird body , and the environment interaction is a low point .

Take this as an example , I have a bed in my house . I cannot lay on it , because the bed is not programmed to allow that interaction .

Unlike MMOs that when you have a bed , you click it and your character will walk up and interact with the bed and lay on it.

Same with chairs . The only Chairs that are apart of the map that completely interact with your Character are the ones in your space ship !

I mean really there is no reason for anyone to really want to get on my ship because everyone of that class has the same ship pretty much . I mean when Legacy offered it , I got all the additions of my ships right of the back and the only people who wanted to be on it was the ones who wanted to use my GTN .

I mean I do not hate SWTOR , I like it .

I will admit I am a Casual Gamer and often play more than 1 MMO . I am a StarWars fan in general at my very core.

I love the stories in this game , the maps are in my opinion pretty good and overall I love this game .

But when it comes down too it , I have little reason to interact with players , and even from time to time I find it when I do , I end up regretting it because everyone is in such a rush they pay little attention to what they are doing and end up ruining the event/run with mistake after mistake till people quit .

^ The cause of this I believe at the very core is the fact that everything is so much a rush that no one takes a second to learn to play .

LOL you can level from 1-55 in 2 weeks with only rested XP and no xp boosts

THERE IS NO GRIND in SW:TOR

If you dont have time TO PLAY, thats one thing

If you are no good at game and cant advance, thats another thing

but

If you claim its a grind, thats a flat out lie and MMORPGs probably not the genre for you if you think this game is a grind

I swear Id pay real money just to watch these new MMO players try original release EQ. if they really think this game has any grind at all.

I would be laughing myself silly at their fake outrage in that game.

Or watch them try to get a Jedi in original SWG jedi system (that would be so epic to watch)

There is no grind in SW:TOR and really wish people would stop trying to make it sound like there is

2 weeks from 0 to max IS NOT A GRIND

Its a freaking gift

As a long time player of MMOs.... I completely agree. Modern MMOs are a cake walk compared to the old time MMOs.

I blame console games and even more so.. mobile gaming apps....... for the decline of the player base tolerance for effort in MMOs. :)

We don't live eternity, and our times have be to be spent wisely, be it work, romance, or entertainment such as this.

It is an undeniable truth that SWTOR forces you to repeat the same side quests 4 times on each faction when you start an alt. This means, after your first character, you are forced to spend over 150 hours of repetition with absolutely no entertainment value(unless you enjoy doing the same things over and over while leveling) to get a character to end game contents. That is a whole month of spending 5 hours a day, doing things that is not enjoyable.

After 12xp, I've tried to raise an alt, spent 30 hours to get to level 30 with all legacy unlocks and available boosts by repeating KDY like 30 times, then decided it's not worth my time. This is literally stupidest thing I could do with my leisure time. 99% games are more enjoyable and shorter than repeating the same SQ in SWTOR. I would rather play Ride to Hell:Retribution(the game that scored 1/10 in GS review.)

SWTOR does not have enough side quests to avoid repetition, and on top of that, those fillers are not even well-made. The time and efforts it takes to normally level up is simply not worth it. Bioware should seriously consider bringing back 12xp in CC or legacy unlock because otherwise the leveling contents are simply too awful to repeat after the first time and Bioware is not really getting long-term profit by taking it away when people don't bother to play like me.

I am unsubbing and I somehow doubt something like 12xp will ever come back. SWTOR felt very enjoyable while it lasted. :(

you've got an entirely new story content out now and you're bored already?

I'd ask if I could ahve your stuff but I doubt you have anything worth having

I draw the comparison between 12x XP and private servers of various MMO's with insane XP rates. Essentially, there's no staying power. People don't stay. They consume, they max level, and then they leave because they're bored.

Leaving because 12xp isn't around anymore? LOL nope.

Ask me about leveling a Cleric in pre-Kunark EverQuest sometime. Or about hell levels. Or corpse runs. Or literally losing a week's worth of XP because I died and couldn't get back to my body before it decayed.

TOR leveling is ridiculously fast compared to 'old-school' MMOs even without 12xp.

TL;DR: No.

A bit longer answer: No mmo could function with permanent 12x. People would play for 2 months, be done with everything and unsub. One year later and the game would die. From an economy p.o.v., 12x is suicide.

Tell that to those who only have one character.

There's plenty of people who only play end-game content.

12x XP won't make anyone unsub other than the people who are only here to experience the class stories and then don't care about the MMO part of it all.

"The game starts at max level" is something you hear ALOT in MMO communities.

"The game starts at max level" is something you hear ALOT in MMO communities.

It also falls somewhat flat in TOR's case since the thing TOR does 'differently' from other MMOs is the fully-voiced class stories, and those run from level 1 to 50.

TOR is most definitely not one of those 'game STARTS at level cap' MMOs.

Nope, because there's no other viable Star Wars MMOs out there.

^This. I'm not too big into MMOs. Only two MMOs I ever played for more than a year were Phantasy Star Universe and SWTOR. I'm a Star Wars Fan, so unless there's another MMO that is Star Wars related with voice overs and story content, I'm not interested. Also, Star Wars Galaxies was more of a grind than SWTOR (IMO). Leveling in SWTOR is a cake walk compared to some of the other MMOs I've tried.

We don't live eternity, and our times have be to be spent wisely, be it work, romance, or entertainment such as this.

It is an undeniable truth that SWTOR forces you to repeat the same side quests 4 times on each faction when you start an alt. This means, after your first character, you are forced to spend over 150 hours of repetition with absolutely no entertainment value(unless you enjoy doing the same things over and over while leveling) to get a character to end game contents. That is a whole month of spending 5 hours a day, doing things that is not enjoyable.

After 12xp, I've tried to raise an alt, spent 30 hours to get to level 30 with all legacy unlocks and available boosts by repeating KDY like 30 times, then decided it's not worth my time. This is literally stupidest thing I could do with my leisure time. 99% games are more enjoyable and shorter than repeating the same SQ in SWTOR. I would rather play Ride to Hell:Retribution(the game that scored 1/10 in GS review.)

SWTOR does not have enough side quests to avoid repetition, and on top of that, those fillers are not even well-made. The time and efforts it takes to normally level up is simply not worth it. Bioware should seriously consider bringing back 12xp in CC or legacy unlock because otherwise the leveling contents are simply too awful to repeat after the first time and Bioware is not really getting long-term profit by taking it away when people don't bother to play like me.

I am unsubbing and I somehow doubt something like 12xp will ever come back. SWTOR felt very enjoyable while it lasted. :(

Good,,one less filthy casual around .,..bet you had no clue how to play any of your characters either.Are you the 55 sorc "healer" we ran across in Eyeless in the last Rakghoul event who was rocking str and end gear....good riddance to bad rubbish..its a mmo genius its a time sink..

Edited by tawnii

same here, rage quitting will not bring 12x back, repeating these threads until we do may get us some luck. But to do that we need to keep our subs and keep it fresh on their minds xD

Actually because the only thing that EAware truly cares about is money, if a lot of people rage quit, they WILL bring 12x xp or something like it back.

A good example was about a year ago was before 2.0 when they suddenly raised repair costs to absurd levels, lots of people unsubed, and within a week or 2 they panicked, reversed the repair costs and even gave almost free repairs until 2.0 as compensation.

So yea. People have a right to quit since they are paying, and unsubbing does in fact make a difference.

PEEPUL POWAAA! :D

Good,,one less filthy casual around .,..bet you had no clue how to play any of your characters either.Are you the 55 sorc "healer" we ran across in Eyeless in the last Rakghoul event who was rocking str and end gear....good riddance to bad rubbish..its a mmo genius its a time sink..

"Filthy casual" eh? You are awfully full of yourself making unfounded assumptions and accusations at the OP whom you know nothing about aren't you?

Casuals are the ones keeping this game healthy and profitable and repetitive, boring content is-not-fun. If a game is not fun it has failed.

As an aside, i really hope they bring 12xp back as a legacy perk. Give us legacy 50s something to cheer about. I absolutely ABHOR the levelling experience (other than the storylines) and this is why I still have not finished all 8 class stories despite being in this game non-stop since pre-launch.

I've only recently come back to try it out, and i feel so very far behind. Knowing that people got 12XP, and a bunch of easy level 55s is really unmotivating when I want to experience end game PvP and PvE. I would only be playing casually, and just don't have the patience to grind for a weeks to get to the expansion.

Well, I really only came back due to the 12x XP. I never got round to finishing off the Smuggler story line, which I previously had been enjoying immensely.

Now that 12x is over, I am finding it a struggle to build up motivation to log in & continue playing. I really can't stand the thought of having to repeat all the side quests for what seems like the billionth time. I don't see any option other than to quit again, & hope eventually 12x returns.

I'm not a typical MMO player though, when it comes to this game. I had my fill long ago, & at this point my only interest is to play through the class stories & be done.

I won't get into a full discussion here. There are some valid reasons for being pro or against 12x XP. There are also some damn stupid posts here.

Bottom line for me is that if 12x came back regularly (say more than ocne a year) or was available as a perk, or in any way was available in the game then I'd move on to something else.

I've been here since launch. I play every single day when I can, after doing obligatory wifely duties (clean, work, slap the hubby (I'm kidding), raise our son, etc), why in all that's holy, would I leave JUST because I can't hit the skip everything button??

I'm too invested in this game, in my characters, in my companions, in the story, etc etc etc.

Sure, 12xp was nice to get my 22nd and final gal to 55 in short order...but after that, I didn't even use it.

The game is STORY DRIVEN. Yes, that EVEN includes side quests that make you bang your forehead against your desk after the eleven billionth time doing them, but until Bioware kicks us all out of the game and says 'thanks for coming, now ****!' I'm not going anywhere.

Yes, the game has a butt ton of bugs, glitches, and other mind hurty things. But why would I want to zip to the next high level without working at it??

So, TLDR, hells no, I ain't leaving!

We don't live eternity, and our times have be to be spent wisely, be it work, romance, or entertainment such as this.(

When you grow up, you also get to learn that you'd don't always get everything you want or that everything doesn't always go your way.