All hail Powertechs/Vanguards! Our New Supreme Overlords!

Lennm

In a not-so-far away 2.0 era

Grandma: Jimmy, what's wrong?

Jimmy: Grandma, I just got crited by Powertech for a 9k railshot...twice in like 5 seconds.

Grandma: Well Jimmy, once the Devs make 3.0, I'm sure they'll reassess Powertechs.

3.0 Launches

Devs: All hail Powertechs/Vanguards. Your new supreme overlords!

Powertechs: http://todaymade.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/troll-face.png

Edited by Lennm

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy: Grandma, I just got crited by Powertech for a 9k railshot...twice in like 5 seconds.

Grandma: Well Jimmy, once the Devs make 3.0, I'm sure they'll reassess Powertechs.

3.0 Launches

Jimmy's grandma sounds awesome.

3.0 Launches

Kudos for Jimmys Grandma for supporting her grandson's poor marauder :rak_03:

I re-call when when 2.0 was out everyone was saying sniper will be OP and face roll. One month later, when everything was sorted out, surely was not the case. AP PT theoretically is OP, but we have to wait a bit to see how things pan out when everyone is level 60 and geared.

Edited by Ottoattack

It's a bit burstier.

Honestly in my experience in the 60 bracket, its really no more bursty than assassins and in terms of combat effectiveness is easily outdone by sorcs and jugs, granted I really don't know where the other classes outside of those stand because 3/4ths of the level 60 imps on my server are all assassins or sorcs and the rest being jugs, PTs, or healers.

3/4ths of the level 60 imps on my server are all assassins or sorcs and the rest being jugs, PTs, or healers.

I don't think any of this is coincidence. Seems like wherever you go on the classes, the talk is on those being at the better end and I'm not sure about merc, but it sounds like once again, healing is the way to go for operatives.

So wait; is tactics actually a full on 10m/midrange class now?

I don't know about that, retractible blade and rocket punch yo.

There is a utility to increase magnetic blast from 10m to 15m if you wanted and "everything" (I'm exaggerating a little) seems to reset railshot. You could theoretically hang back at 15 or even 30 and still get your railshot procs but I'd say that's probably a significant dps loss overall. I took the snare on mag blast and flame sweep instead of the increased range and still playing it like I would my jugg. I don't know if that right or wrong but for a casual scrub I'm doing alright.

Oh and HO/HTL is pretty insane if you take all the utilities for it. :D

Honestly in my experience in the 60 bracket, its really no more bursty than assassins and in terms of combat effectiveness is easily outdone by sorcs and jugs, granted I really don't know where the other classes outside of those stand because 3/4ths of the level 60 imps on my server are all assassins or sorcs and the rest being jugs, PTs, or healers.

Difference being that those have a much smaller range and much less survivability.

3.0 Launches

You realise Powertechs were one of the if not the worst class to play at 2.0 launch and it took them 6 months to repair us? Now its finally our time to shine brighter than ever before:rak_03:

Difference being that those have a much smaller range and much less survivability.

That is incorrect. PT's are unmatched in burst in 3.0 (except by vanguards of course), but they are significantly less survivable than sins, jugs, and other high burst classes. They are the closest thing to glass cannons that this game has.

That is incorrect. PT's are unmatched in burst in 3.0 (except by vanguards of course), but they are significantly less survivable than sins, jugs, and other high burst classes. They are the closest thing to glass cannons that this game has.

Lighting Sorc's have more burst along with SIns being stun locked by sins then being unable to stun them for 17 seconds. . Merc Arsenal is mobile as heck and Innovative Ordanance have the same fundamentals as AP. Marksman Snipers have straight up heavy hits on very quick casts.

Lighting Sorc's have more burst along with SIns being stun locked by sins then being unable to stun them for 17 seconds. . Merc Arsenal is mobile as heck and Innovative Ordanance have the same fundamentals as AP. Marksman Snipers have straight up heavy hits on very quick casts.

Those other classes have good burst, but not as good as a well played AP. AP can truly global someone with 35K health, and can take down someone with 40K in 3-4 seconds. No other class has the equal of that burst (although even a carnage mara can get close assuming at least 7% alacrity on their gear).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.