Star Wars 7 Official Trailer!

JidaiDerriphan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I also have to add something to the ongoing cross guard discussion.

Guys, how about you relax and just see what happens? Abrams obviously has a plan for that thing. Maybe this guy uses the cross guard offensively to hilt-strike someone (a plain strike with the crossguard was not unheard of). You should simply try to relax for now.

Alright, I also have to add something to the ongoing cross guard discussion.

Guys, how about you relax and just see what happens? Abrams obviously has a plan for that thing. Maybe this guy uses the cross guard offensively to hilt-strike someone (a plain strike with the crossguard was not unheard of). You should simply try to relax for now.

Unfortunatly Abrams also had a plan for Star Trek and look how that turned out.

Unfortunatly Abrams also had a plan for Star Trek and look how that turned out.

Oh, don't remind me...

As for the hot topic of saber... It's weird. The crossguard emitters would be hit by a blade that slips from your own, so the defence purpose is a bit of a miss. As an offensive part of the saber, well... maybe.

The blade is a bit strange as well. All sabers that I know of have smooth, solid core, not this... special effect thing. TBH I don't like that, but maybe that's just me.

I'd like to add to the discussion, considering the LightClaymore. It seems to me that there would be a solid beam coming across the saber where the prongs are, like a partial redirection of the blade. Part of the hilt just covers the crossing of the beams. If another saber did connect with the hilt where the cross occurs, it would probably just reveal the bear inside.

Claims of cutting his own hand off are ridiculous as well, because if he is a Sith and trained in the Force and trained with his saber, there really isn't any threat of hurating himself.

There's quite a bit of Simpson's Comic Book Guy snark going on in many of the complaints I've seen. I'm truly sorry JJ Abrams didn't call you up and ask for you opinion on EXACTLY what should be in the movie. Yeah, the Braveheart lightsaber is a little controversial. So? There are many, many out there who think it looks amazing. While I'm sure their opinion is less valid than yours (By "you and yours", I mean all the haters in general but assuredly, everyone will take it as a personal affront....just like seeing something they don't like in a teaser trailer)

I thought the trailer looked amazing and I am hungry for more. I believe in what they are doing and, as with the Marvel films, Disney has proven, IMO, they can give a great IP proper respect.

I loved the Xwings across the lake...that was amazing. Obviously, it wasn't Alderaan (because it got blow'd up and junks) but that's the planet it reminded me of.

There's been alot of controversy over the voice over. I honestly think its Andy Serkis doing his best Cumberbatch as Smaug impersonation. It doesn't sound "old" enough to be Von Sydow.

Daisy Ridley looks like a mashup of a young Carrie Fisher and Natalie Portman, though it would be strange if she was Leia (and Han?)'s daughter considering the setting.

I expect that being freed from the maniacal grip of Palpatine, the Empire could have grown more "professional" and organized while the Rebel Alliance was probably able to liberate a number of planets and bolster their forces leading to a stalemate somewhat akin to the conditions of SWTOR's setting but without a truly organized Republic.

Curious to see what the classic cast is up to --if rumors of Luke growing aloof and even to a hermit are true....

Given that the cross lightsaber looks medieval and the wielder is a Sith INQUISITOR on a crusade to track and eliminate Jedi, I'd say the medieval sword theme fits.

Invokes the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.....

I liked the scene with the Falcon, but other than that...

I just don't know if I am ready for the JJ-ification of Star Wars, if it's going to be anything like the JJ-ification of Star Trek.

Seriously, it took me 2 years after it was released before I could bring myself to watch JJs attempt at a Trek film. I'll never get those 2 hours back.

Long story short...in JJ I DON'T trust.

Can you guys imagine it's called "The Force Awakens" and the Sith AWESOME EPIC REALLY COOL sounding voice in there says "the dark...and the light" and it turns out to be Darth Revan and the planet the x wings were on is Yavin IV. While Luke was looking for Jedi and/or the force in people to rebuild the order, the planet calls to him strongly in the force. He goes inside a tomb or something like that and... something has been frozen in there for thousands of years, something very strong in the force and that Sith in the brief glimpse we got of him was actually Darth Revan.

How would that be for a twist?

I know, I know it's all speculation at this point but just think about that? How awesome would that be? Because the robes did look slender enough to be like Revan and his hood was up. I'm just saying a crazy ..what if scenario where they tie this all together?

Falcon, X-Wings, Tie Fighters, Star Warsy Tatooine, Storm Troopers that aren't trying to milk Boba Fett's popularity.

I'm not sold on the lightsaber or the name of the movie and I liked the voiceover in Deceived more. But those are all trivial.

I'm looking forward to the movie more than any other at this point: it looks like everything that the prequels weren't.

Edited by Savej

Can you guys imagine it's called "The Force Awakens" and the Sith AWESOME EPIC REALLY COOL sounding voice in there says "the dark...and the light" and it turns out to be Darth Revan and the planet the x wings were on is Yavin IV. While Luke was looking for Jedi and/or the force in people to rebuild the order, the planet calls to him strongly in the force. He goes inside a tomb or something like that and... something has been frozen in there for thousands of years, something very strong in the force and that Sith in the brief glimpse we got of him was actually Darth Revan.

How would that be for a twist?

I know, I know it's all speculation at this point but just think about that? How awesome would that be? Because the robes did look slender enough to be like Revan and his hood was up. I'm just saying a crazy ..what if scenario where they tie this all together?

Darth Revan? Really?

Sounds like the worst possibly written fan fiction. "How epic would it be for Luke to fight Revan?"

If it is Revan, and it isn't a flashback or back in time type thing...I'll be done with Star Wars, just like I'm done with Trek thanks to JJ.

At first that saber really didn't do it for me, but there have been rather interesting sabers in the EU so it isn't as far-fetched as it originally seemed for me. For most, it's hard for anyone to let go of what they deem perfection (the original trilogy) and thus no matter how good the movie is there will always be flaws. I embraced the prequel trilogy even with it's flaws and I plan to do the same with this. And let's be honest, as fans of the original trilogy do you really think we are the films primary target audience? This will spawn a whole new generation of Star Wars fans which we should all appreciate even if it isn't with the same adventure we've all come to enjoy and a standard we feel cannot be met.

With that said, the one thing I did immediately like about that lightsaber was the sound. It both looked and sounded menacing which I thought was rather excellent. The part with the x-wings hugging the lake made me extremely giddy and was probably my favorite part. Yes, even over the score and the MF. I'm weird like that.

I do wonder if that skirmish the MF was clearly in was the one where Boyega ends up crashing his TIE Fighter...

Darth Revan? Really?

Sounds like the worst possibly written fan fiction. "How epic would it be for Luke to fight Revan?"

If it is Revan, and it isn't a flashback or back in time type thing...I'll be done with Star Wars, just like I'm done with Trek thanks to JJ.

I'm just speculating here. Don't take it to heart. Also, that would be awesome not the worst type of fan fiction.

I'm just speculating here. Don't take it to heart. Also, that would be awesome not the worst type of fan fiction.

If Revan were in the movie, in the form of a Force Vision, or a "4,000 years ago..." scene, I think that could be cool.

If it is 4,000 year old Revan coming back to face off with Luke in present day...no thanks.

Just my own opinion.

If Revan were in the movie, in the form of a Force Vision, or a "4,000 years ago..." scene, I think that could be cool.

If it is 4,000 year old Revan coming back to face off with Luke in present day...no thanks.

Just my own opinion.

I understand your view, dw :) Not going to argue

That lightsaber is BAD a@@, think claymore, and to everyone saying they will not see the movie because of a 1 min trailer......suuuuuuuurrrre.

Actually, if I don't see it, it will be because of the 4 hour trailer known as Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.

I think the hardcore Star Wars fans need to prepare themselves to be shocked...and not in a good way.

JJ is coming... :(