I don't remember sucking THIS much...

Legendoom

I'm burning through classes as I level as many as I can to 55, in an effort to use Fraps to record all the best moments of the class stories. And I get that, since I've been forcing myself to rely on mostly green mods in orange shells, that I'm going to be a bit weaker than when I had to take my time and I could afford to replace most of my mods every planet with blue commendation mods. I get that.

But I leveled characters back when commendations were planet-specific. I remember using all green mods to level up my first Bounty Hunter. And I don't remember getting my arse kicked this much.

I'm leveling my Jedi Guardian right now, using Kira (who is also decked out in green mods), and we're both on Corellia at 47. I'm getting kicked across the floor. I'm popping Unity, Saber Ward, Enure, Awe... all with extreme regularity. Sometime on simple silver fights. There are more than a few elites in the last couple of levels where I had to use Heroic Moment on them; back when I was levelling normally, I could often count on one hand the number of times from 1-50 I was in serious enough danger to use Heroic Moment. Now I'm popping it several times a planet. Thing is, I thought it might be due to my weak mods, so I spent all the 30-odd commendations I'd acquired since level 1 in order to purchase mostly all-blue, level 45 mods. And I'm still getting pounded into the dirt.

Did something change in the last six months? Am I just leveling incorrectly? I've leveled a Guardian to 50 before and it was never this hard. Sure, leveling a Guardian or a Marauder makes a Sniper or Sorceror look like a cake walk, but still, I don't remember getting stomped this hard.

Don't know what you're missing, I've found leveling to be quite easy, but then I am doing all the bonus missions, plus have 10% guild XP, I use a few of the XP boosts, and I've done a small handful of PvP and WZ to get comms.

I've been hitting 50 by the time I get to Corellia, so perhaps the problem is you're lvl 47?

Also, it helps to have alts that can provide mods, I generally like to be in 124 or 132 armor by the time I do Corellia, what are you in?

Seeing you are 47, you should head on over to Makeb and use the bolster there, its the little GSI computer station with a little satellite thats at all the outposts, and then when you hit 54 go back to Corellia to finish the story, by the time you finish Corellia you will be level 55 and the extra levels will help with the missing gear.

There's a fairly tight range on levels where things start to really hurt you in this game. If you're 47 in Corellia you might be fighting a lot of 50s that are just blowing through whatever defenses you have.

That said, I had no problem speedleveling as vigilance (and a jugg as vengeance) so it could be your choice of trees.

no clue OP

The game has gotten dumbed down so much since original release (which was easy mode then truth be told) that its a shell of itself now difficulty wise.

The games not harder in any aspect

Its insanely easier and more simplistic

Recently had a Flashpoint where 55 who leveled through 12x xp entered with mix of lvl 15-43 gear

he got to 55 in that gear so green at level gear a huge huge huge step up over what he utilized

Personally I think game is suffering right now because of the 12x xp influx.

I have stopped doing any GF content because of it and I am far far far from the only one

Use to be a fairly dedicated group of folks running flashpoints every day on my server but they all mostly have stopped now because of the lack of quality (gear and class knowledge wise) now entering because of 12x xp.

Simple truth is players do not learn their classes, abilities, rotations, strategies because fo 12x xp and thats probably whats hurting you. You level to fast that you havent learned how to play the class to its strengths.

I lost count how many players I had to not only explain what interrupt was but what it was called for different classes recently before swearing off GF Flash Points.

SW:TOR is not heavy stratagy or tactics honestly but there is some things that make peoples lifes easier out there and you probably just dont know them because you leveled so fast.

no clue OP

The game has gotten dumbed down so much since original release (which was easy mode then truth be told) that its a shell of itself now difficulty wise.

The games not harder in any aspect

Its insanely easier and more simplistic

Recently had a Flashpoint where 55 who leveled through 12x xp entered with mix of lvl 15-43 gear

he got to 55 in that gear so green at level gear a huge huge huge step up over what he utilized

Personally I think game is suffering right now because of the 12x xp influx.

I have stopped doing any GF content because of it and I am far far far from the only one

Use to be a fairly dedicated group of folks running flashpoints every day on my server but they all mostly have stopped now because of the lack of quality (gear and class knowledge wise) now entering because of 12x xp.

Simple truth is players do not learn their classes, abilities, rotations, strategies because fo 12x xp and thats probably whats hurting you. You level to fast that you havent learned how to play the class to its strengths.

I lost count how many players I had to not only explain what interrupt was but what it was called for different classes recently before swearing off GF Flash Points.

SW:TOR is not heavy stratagy or tactics honestly but there is some things that make peoples lifes easier out there and you probably just dont know them because you leveled so fast.

Thank you for your insufferable condescension, but I leveled 8 characters to 50 and 55. I got into this game on launch day. I've merely quit for a few months due to school and other commitments. I'm a veteran of SWTOR if there ever was one.

So cut the patronization.

Maybe you 'forgot' all the tricks and such you learn while leveling that were required before we had easy access commendations, OP companions with all the presence bonuses, and nerfed content.

Back at launch, players slugged through the planet, and to survive at times, had to get creative as we were less powerful and had less abilities to bypass difficult areas.

BTW - I've leveled several characters now with 12X XP, and the only stuff that has been challenging (and I use the word loosely) has been upper planet silver mob trash - and usually just the few packs with two or more silvers.

I say challenging in that the tuning of some silvers is pretty high, and with falling behind gear can become a game of kill or be killed even when doing things like stunning and interrupting (such as mobs on Voss all hitting you with armor debuffs, bleeds, dots, and poisons).

I've leveled 5 toons with 12x to take my total to 16 55s and of the 5 only my deception assassin caused me any real trouble. For the most part I made the effort to craft or acquire 43-45 blues for the last push and that worked fine. Normally I wouldn't even do that but I found the rate at which you get new skills and the fact that I was leveling with specs I'd never played before made some of the fights challenging.

Playing specs optimally without having chance to learn slowly as you level isn't always so easy unless you're pro which not all of us are.

Edited by TrigPt

Well, another thing is, did you use Mako as a levelling companion? Healers slow the game down, but you get hurt a lot less + they do cc. Kira is just as hard to keep alive as any melee dps without a healer behind him or her.

EDIT: I kindda hope that the changes in character power that is coming with 3.0 will be enough to satisfy the folks who are unhappy with the content being far too easy.

Edited by DomiSotto

Well, another thing is, did you use Mako as a levelling companion? Healers slow the game down, but you get hurt a lot less + they do cc. Kira is just as hard to keep alive as any melee dps without a healer behind him or her.

EDIT: I kindda hope that the changes in character power that is coming with 3.0 will be enough to satisfy the folks who are unhappy with the content being far too easy.

Considering Knight healer comes much later in the game... Mako is Hunter's comp ;) You,re mixing classes up Domi.

@OP.... Honestly, this game leveling is easy as hell. I don,t see where you could be even remotely close to having troubles.. Sorry.

Thank you for your insufferable condescension, but I leveled 8 characters to 50 and 55. I got into this game on launch day. I've merely quit for a few months due to school and other commitments. I'm a veteran of SWTOR if there ever was one.

/agree

Not everyone who's taking advantage of the 12X Xp hasn't had level 55, I have leveled 6 characters to level 50/55, 4 of them to level 55 the hard war and I heal FPs regularly. I'm loving the 12X XP.

If i'm lvling a merc i use my lvl 55 powertech to run thru the lvl 20, 30, 40 and 45 flashpoints. i do this and collect gear from them. Put armorings, mods, enhancements in legacy stuff and send it to the toon i'm levling. That way you never have to spend credits on exphensive mods, You will always be geared for your content. This will save all the planetary comms so u can buy complete set of Makeb purples when u get to 50'ish. And that gear will get you thru Oricon. If you do this BEFORE queing for 55hm's you will also save your fellow players the agony of trying to pull you thru :)

Not saying everyone should do this, but this works for me and makes the levling much easier :)

@ the OP

If you're gearing up solely on class stories then the chances are you and your companions will be under-geared in a few areas (and don't forget that different fights sometimes require different companions)

I have levelled a few characters during this 12*XP period and have usually had to gear them in the late 30s or early 40s.

Once you reach 47 (and don't mind skipping the end of your class story) you can head straight to Makeb where you can use the GSI buff there and get all the way to 55 in a couple of hours - then you can go back and finish your class story and things will be a lot easier!

Managed to level up a PT to 47 last weekend without buying any gear at all, using only gears from class story rewards (most of my armour are empty shells just because i want to look nice lol)

Chapter 1 was easy because Treek can straight up tank everything

Chapter 2 starts getting hard (usually thats the point I grab gear for my 12x toons), Hoth was a pain towards the end because it was elite+2 normals and then 2 strongs and then another elite again, so I spent a good 20 mins there waiting for cooldowns

Then Belsavis was easier because I get new tank companions

and now I'm 47 and Makeb will get me to 55 and decent gear for Oricon :)

It also depends on which class you are doing, I know SW in particular has a few nasty fights where you fight the same boss 3 times in a row, but from what I learnt its all about learning your class and keeping MH and OH reasonably geared so you don't hit like a noodle

Happened to me once; so concentrated on leveling up that I wasn't really playing the game.

Yesterday, got done the class story on my Mercenary. I hit Coreilia at level 47 and left at 48 and never had problems, but facing enemies 2 levels above me forced me to REALLY pay attention (roving enemy patrol patterns, make-up of mobs, CCing silvers first etc).

Just take a break then come back. The clarity will serve you, and you will be back to fighting your enemies in no time.

I'd say it's most likely due to not having healer companion, coupled with the fact that your gear is not that great.

I'm playing again after 2 years of absence and I must say I struggle on my Sith Assassin, while I just ripped through content on my Jedi Shadow. I also remember struggling on my Jedi Sentinel 2 years ago, while my Sith Jugg is not having much trouble at the moment.

Considering Knight healer comes much later in the game... Mako is Hunter's comp http://cdn-www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/smilies/wink.pngYou,re mixing classes up Domi.

Nope, I am not mixing the classes, I am just not expressing my thoughts coherently. I refer to the OP’s statement that he levelled BH back at the time easily vs Knight with Kira, same set-up (L47, green mods, Corellia). I am making an educated guess here about who the OP’s levelling companion was on the BH (i.e. Mako), and why it might have felt easier than the Knight + Kira.

I know that when I run with my husband’s Knight and Kira, I heal a lot whenever we move past overlevelled/over-geared content. It is particularly true on big mobs. It is far, far, FAR easier to put down one elite than 5+ silver guys.

When you have a healer comp, she/he uses CC that makes things that much easier. Kira or the Knight himself do not do any CC. I think Knights in general does not have good AoE skills. To be able to get through levelling (please, be kind, those were our first ever characters in a MMO! So no companion bonuses, no crafting, no credits!) I had to switch to full-on healer mode on Alderaan from Balanced.

On the other hand, with my husband playing Powertech, my Sorcerer stayed at Madness without any issues at the same levels, and only rarely has to off-heal. In fact, we are splitting this duo, because it is just a waste of time to play as a group, it’s an overkill after an overkill.

Obviously, by now, I am also getting a wagon-load of Legacy bonuses, but still I can compare the performance in the same event.

On Rak event Heroic 4+ when you maw down the many, many raks in big groups, with Knight+Seer we almost always get a whipe on one of the silver mobs (it only takes a split second of not doing something exactly the way we should; the team is Knight+Kira+Seer+Zenith). While Powertech+Mako+Madness Sorc+ Khem (in sniper mode) = EZ button. I might have to off-heal a couple of times, if Mako gets confused or beset and/or Khem manages to get aggro’d, but that’s about it.

Even without groupings, my solo Vanguard (presumably the same as his BH) fares much better against the crowds, even when he runs with Tanno Vik right now to get the 1000 kills on a level (2 tanks are hilarious). Well, Okay, I am far too fond of my Vanguard so maybe I am bias here!

Nope, I am not mixing the classes, I am just not expressing my thoughts coherently. I refer to the OP’s statement that he levelled BH back at the time easily vs Knight with Kira, same set-up (L47, green mods, Corellia). I am making an educated guess here about who the OP’s levelling companion was on the BH (i.e. Mako), and why it might have felt easier than the Knight + Kira.

Well I misunderstood what you meant :D My bad ;)

I know that when I run with my husband’s Knight and Kira, I heal a lot whenever we move past overlevelled/over-geared content. It is particularly true on big mobs. It is far, far, FAR easier to put down one elite than 5+ silver guys.

When you have a healer comp, she/he uses CC that makes things that much easier. Kira or the Knight himself do not do any CC. I think Knights in general does not have good AoE skills. To be able to get through levelling (please, be kind, those were our first ever characters in a MMO! So no companion bonuses, no crafting, no credits!) I had to switch to full-on healer mode on Alderaan from Balanced.

I suggest you to take a closer look at Rage Focus Jugg/Guardian and Mara/Sent. Sure their DPS isn't as high as the single target spec but in trash fight or bosses with a lot of adds, they can out-DPS most of the other spec. An AoE that can hit for over 10k every 9 sec in somewhat viable gear at level 55 is quite good.

On the other hand, with my husband playing Powertech, my Sorcerer stayed at Madness without any issues at the same levels, and only rarely has to off-heal. In fact, we are splitting this duo, because it is just a waste of time to play as a group, it’s an overkill after an overkill.

I don't know. Somehow your statement makes me believe your husband may not be used all the options his Knight has. Powertech is more resilient than Knight passively in all three specs and can dish out more DPS. But Knights DCD's are much more potent. Well finding a class good or bad in leveling is more question of opinion than anything else considering how easy leveling is in TOR.

Obviously, by now, I am also getting a wagon-load of Legacy bonuses, but still I can compare the performance in the same event.

On Rak event Heroic 4+ when you maw down the many, many raks in big groups, with Knight+Seer we almost always get a whipe on one of the silver mobs (it only takes a split second of not doing something exactly the way we should; the team is Knight+Kira+Seer+Zenith). While Powertech+Mako+Madness Sorc+ Khem (in sniper mode) = EZ button. I might have to off-heal a couple of times, if Mako gets confused or beset and/or Khem manages to get aggro’d, but that’s about it.

As I said before.. I guess a part of the problem may lay in your husband DCD management. Another part is how much overtuned Madness Sorc are right now. A third part may simply be you not used to heal as a Sage. The spec can be rather harsh on new healers. Well that's all wild guess but that's my guess.

Even without groupings, my solo Vanguard (presumably the same as his BH) fares much better against the crowds, even when he runs with Tanno Vik right now to get the 1000 kills on a level (2 tanks are hilarious). Well, Okay, I am far too fond of my Vanguard so maybe I am bias here!

In my own opinion... For solo and light group content (which amount to solo content 85% of the time), every classes and specs are good enough.... They all have their own tools.

/agree

Not everyone who's taking advantage of the 12X Xp hasn't had level 55, I have leveled 6 characters to level 50/55, 4 of them to level 55 the hard war and I heal FPs regularly. I'm loving the 12X XP.

/agree

I'll third this

Thats just Kalfear they tend to spew negativity about the "quality of the game " , "12x xp is bad and making bad players" quite a lot there are a few other like them around who think everyone should live up to their standard .

You would think just finding players of like mind and just playing with them would be a lot less stressful for them and they would not have to worry about "bad players" but no ... too logical i guess. Don't let their negativity and qq stress you out.

I soloed this game 5 times now 2.5 were done completing all planet quests and class quests ( no fp pvp or anything else )

2.5 were done with the 12x xp using only class quests , 25% cartel boosts and legacy V exploration. I have to say that i enjoyed my experience with the 12xp a lot more than going through the game " normally" . I was completely overpowered usually at the planet top cap when i entered . I hit Coriella 51 and was already in full 50 gear so it was a lot of fun actually.

If you're having difficulty it may be becase of your level and or equipment as other have said try going to makeb for a bit it has a bolster system so you may find it a lot easier to do.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

I'm burning through classes as I level as many as I can to 55, in an effort to use Fraps to record all the best moments of the class stories. And I get that, since I've been forcing myself to rely on mostly green mods in orange shells, that I'm going to be a bit weaker than when I had to take my time and I could afford to replace most of my mods every planet with blue commendation mods. I get that.

But I leveled characters back when commendations were planet-specific. I remember using all green mods to level up my first Bounty Hunter. And I don't remember getting my arse kicked this much.

I'm leveling my Jedi Guardian right now, using Kira (who is also decked out in green mods), and we're both on Corellia at 47. I'm getting kicked across the floor. I'm popping Unity, Saber Ward, Enure, Awe... all with extreme regularity. Sometime on simple silver fights. There are more than a few elites in the last couple of levels where I had to use Heroic Moment on them; back when I was levelling normally, I could often count on one hand the number of times from 1-50 I was in serious enough danger to use Heroic Moment. Now I'm popping it several times a planet. Thing is, I thought it might be due to my weak mods, so I spent all the 30-odd commendations I'd acquired since level 1 in order to purchase mostly all-blue, level 45 mods. And I'm still getting pounded into the dirt.

Did something change in the last six months? Am I just leveling incorrectly? I've leveled a Guardian to 50 before and it was never this hard. Sure, leveling a Guardian or a Marauder makes a Sniper or Sorceror look like a cake walk, but still, I don't remember getting stomped this hard.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure what the problem is. I can level in level 10 gear up until around level 28/29. Then I am forced to upgrade into green armor at that level. Then I don't need to upgrade again until about level 40 and I don't even have to change all pieces either. After that it's level 55 and I craft my armor and mods, 30k easy. Right now it's only hard if you don't upgrade every 15-20 levels

As I said before.. I guess a part of the problem may lay in your husband DCD management. Another part is how much overtuned Madness Sorc are right now. A third part may simply be you not used to heal as a Sage. The spec can be rather harsh on new healers. Well that's all wild guess but that's my guess.

Uhm, he might be just a touch undergeared. I took a look, and he has 3000 less HP than my Seer, and my Seer is undergeared ('cause, you know, group content, not a priority char). I am taking him to Oricon, whether he wants it or not & gonna try to drag him through the dailies. I did not play Jugg far enough to know the DCDs yet. I heal O'Kay on the Seer, nothing to write home about, obviously, and I play her rarely. I just don't think 24 thou HPs on L55 gives me a lot of room for error.... I dunno, we are two casuals, but from our pairs BH + MadSorc and a Shadow+Scoundrel are best combos so far. All the Force+Force combos feel less potent to me than a Force + Non-Force.

Edited by DomiSotto

Uhm, he might be just a touch undergeared. I took a look, and he has 3000 less HP than my Seer, and my Seer is undergeared ('cause, you know, group content, not a priority char). I am taking him to Oricon, whether he wants it or not & gonna try to drag him through the dailies. I did not play Jugg far enough to know the DCDs yet. I heal O'Kay on the Seer, nothing to write home about, obviously, and I play her rarely. I just don't think 24 thou HPs on L55 gives me a lot of room for error.... I dunno, we are two casuals, but from our pairs BH + MadSorc and a Shadow+Scoundrel are best combos so far.

I don,t know... Can't really said without seeing you and him play....

All the Force+Force combos feel less potent to me than a Force + Non-Force.

Shhhh. Don't scream that lud Bioware hidden design!!!