The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Petition to NOT lower DPS in 3.0

SilTitan

Sounds like leveling and looks like leveling but it doesn't really produce like leveling.

You will pretend to level. See some points add up and see a flash of light every so often but at the end of it, you will get 192 and 198 gear as you get to 60 and you will preform as if you were level 55 and still had on 180/186 gear.

They got ride of the illusion of choice in talent trees and added it back to the leveling experience.

Man you complainers really stretch to push your doom and gloom. Illusion lol, take away progress lol, refunds lol , petitions lol, next week will be lawsuits lol! it's just a bunch of crap. There is reason in all game forums those who are on the forums are the minority. It's so filled with toxic haters, dooming and glooming every time a dev releases new info. It's a never ending circle of toxic garbage it happens in every game.

Misery loves company...you guys have your company here for the next month...

It's not going to change either accept it and continue playing, don't accept it and continuing complaining posting assumptions you have no clue on or don't accept it and leave.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you have no clue

Since you don't really have a debate for the topic at hand or the ability, I'll boil down your post for you.

You can accept it as it is if you want, I'll do otherwise. When presented with something as poorly designed as leveling for no better reason than to keep some old worthless ops around, I'll grip about it.

Edited by Quraswren

Wait, what?

Of course "now" exists, time and reality aren't defined by arbitrary numbers in a game.

No time and reality are imaginary constructs created by hairless apes to understand the universe but fall apart on the large or really small scales and therefore are completely relative to our point of view.

I don't know why people are upset with this power nerf. Who the heck cares about building up and grinding a MMO character anyways? Everyone knows that in MMO's you don't play to progress. When a new expansion drops you just insert another quarter and start over again. Please people, stop pretending that MMO characters mean anything.

I don't know why people are upset with this power nerf. Who the heck cares about building up and grinding a MMO character anyways? Everyone knows that in MMO's you don't play to progress. When a new expansion drops you just insert another quarter and start over again. Please people, stop pretending that MMO characters mean anything.

Nice to know you, at least, made your homeworks after we said why it wasn't such a big deal ;)

Honestly... if the content is balanced... who cares about the numbers that show in combat logs.

The people who are rationally concerned aren't talking about raw numbers. It's the relative numbers, the ratios and the interactions, that matter.

The rational concern, even if some don't agree with it, is that the balance between the characters and certain content will change, making the "feel" of doing that content different -- in some cases more difficult, in some cases more grindy.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Honestly... if the content is balanced... who cares about the numbers that show in combat logs.

The problem is we need number to beat the enrage timer. Just think about this, a group tries hard every week to beat NiM as they progress from 1 boss to another. Bam the Xpac comes out, but they have to start from the begining again since they dps is nerfed. They spend months grinding back to the point where they were before the xpac just to progress in the old content. Well, that's the best case if they can beat the new content to get BiS at lvl60.

The problem is we need number to beat the enrage timer. Just think about this, a group tries hard every week to beat NiM as they progress from 1 boss to another. Bam the Xpac comes out, but they have to start from the begining again since they dps is nerfed. They spend months grinding back to the point where they were before the xpac just to progress in the old content. Well, that's the best case if they can beat the new content to get BiS at lvl60.

The folks who don't get it are the ones who obviously don't do any hardcore raiding.

Man you complainers really stretch to push your doom and gloom. Illusion lol, take away progress lol, refunds lol , petitions lol, next week will be lawsuits lol! it's just a bunch of crap. There is reason in all game forums those who are on the forums are the minority. It's so filled with toxic haters, dooming and glooming every time a dev releases new info. It's a never ending circle of toxic garbage it happens in every game.

Misery loves company...you guys have your company here for the next month...

It's not going to change either accept it and continue playing, don't accept it and continuing complaining posting assumptions you have no clue on or don't accept it and leave.

you keep saying bioware don't need to listen to the Minority of players from the Swtor community, but IIRC- the Minority are the ones who voice their legitimate concerns and opinions of the game, its the Minority that goes on the Pts to test new content when the Pts is open to everyone, its the Minority on the forums that bioware respond too when people aren't happy with certain changes as evident by all the yellow texts in the other threads, its the Minority that suggest changes to certain aspect of the game when the developer don't do a good job on something....The Majority of the Swtor community are too busy playing the game, they don't come on the forums, they don't care what changes are made to the game they just accept it as is and continue playing without a care in the world. that's why the open PTS is always dead minus a few handful of people aka the Minority....IMHO-the Minority of people in the Swtor community are the ones who actually matter when it comes to voicing their concerns/opinion on the games changes.. not the Majority.

Edited by Lt-Snake

Teams certainly can work to clear every boss of every operation in perfect chronological order. However, most progression teams approach the most difficult content strategically in order to make headway where they are able. They then use the extra gear they earn from the additional, non-chronological, clears to circle back and clear the bosses where they were stuck. This would be the approach most teams take whether the 3.0 downward DPS adjustment was occurring, or not.

I have two examples of this from past content. One is the relationship between HM Brontes and HM Council. Many progression teams identified that Brontes was the hardest boss to clear of the ten bosses that launched in HM DF and DP. Therefore, they stopped working at Brontes and went and cleared Council instead to pick-up 180 main-hands. They then took those main-hands, and all the other set-bonus gear they racked up in Dread Palace back to HM Brontes and cleared her last.

The second example is the relationship between NM Brontes and NM Bestia. NM Brontes lost the Nightmare Power buff when NM DP launched. Progression teams who had not yet full-cleared DF had a difficult choice, between trying to clear NM Brontes with the healing requirement nerfed, or trying to clear NM Bestia (Nightmare Power on) and her strict DPS and heal checks. Again, many guilds found that making some headway into the newly released NM DP was a better approach for their team, and they used the extra gear they earned in NM DP to circle back and clear NM Brontes.

Therefore, once 3.0 launches, any nightmare progression team that is still trying to clear bosses in DF and DP is better served by tackling the new operation content, gearing up into 198s, and then circling back into DF and DP to clear any remaining bosses for their group. If there was no downward DPS adjustment coming with 3.0, progression guilds would still likely move into the new content and help themselves to gear with the best available stats rather than continue to face-plant into a superseded boss from a past operation. The 3.0 DPS adjustment does not affect this standard approach to progression Operations.

Edited by Levram

The folks who don't get it are the ones who obviously don't do any hardcore raiding.

Are you serious? You can't be serious.

Just like they can adjust dps of players, they can easily adjust enrage timers, HP levels etc. They are the devs after all.

Dont worry about how much DPS you may be doing, worry about how much fun you are having.

The amount of DPS doesnt really matter, the higher the DPS does not mean the greater the game.

fun is translating with many different ways

for me fun is to finish all achievements, when arent any players to do SM FPs or LIHM for bonus bosses and the drop to my dps will mean one thing, more useless months without finishing those FPs and thats not fun

Enrage timer? what enrage timer? None of the current content has any significant DPS checks. People don't wipe because of lack of DPS.

This is my concern. Oricon being the primary example of a content designed specifically for pre-3.0 class stats, from dps, amount of healing necessary, amount of fast interrupts etc. TBH the interrupt change is what worries me most

Oricon is designed to be completed in leveling blues. Do you think 3.0 DPS will be less than DPS in leveling blues? I don't. I think it will be about 10% lower AT MOST, probably closer to equivalent.

The interrupt change is a concern, however, as you need to interrupt things on Oricon.

im surprised at the number of people eager to do df/dp at lvl 60 for unusable gear

the truth is, most people are sick and tired of df/dp and will be eager to get to 60 and start the new operations REGARDLESS of the dps changes.

by the time people will care enough to look back at old operations, their dps will have normalized.

im surprised at the number of people eager to do df/dp at lvl 60 for unusable gear

the truth is, most people are sick and tired of df/dp and will be eager to get to 60 and start the new operations REGARDLESS of the dps changes.

by the time people will care enough to look back at old operations, their dps will have normalized.

BW is not changing the gear drops. You 186 gear at level 55 will be equal to the new 198 gear at level 60.

In your head you will think that gear should be better but it really wont be much difference.

It's the comms BW wants you to spend time going back and getting, the gear means damn near nothing since 55 gear is roughly equal to 60 gear.

It's all being done to keep DF/DP in play at 60 even after a year of playing it. A place you can go get comms and not be similar to a 55 going through 50 content. That being, a bit easier.

Your going to be level 60, getting level 60 gear of 198 but actually being equivalent to level 55 in 186, all so they can entice you to go back and do content a year old for comms that they don't want to getting to easily.

You're basically leveling up but not really. They took the illusion of choice out of talent trees and made disciplines but added the illusion of leveling.

Edited by Quraswren

Offense intended, but how big of a loser do you have to be to quit a game because the developers perform an across the board reduction on damage and healing output due to long term content planning?

If they screw up balance point it out and they'll fix it. Otherwise, I don't get why it's an issue worth rage quitting over.

Edited by bdatt

Obviously we as gamers are split on this subject. However, not all of us are. Those who agree with me and don't want to leave this game because developers drove us away, please sign a petition I started.

Oh and for those who say WoW does this all the time: your right it does. And you also fail to mention how people are moving away from that game because of such things. No, its not the only reason, but its just one of many and I don't this game to be the same.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

To not lower DPS:

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-don-t-lower-dps-in-swtor-3-0

If you are going to leave, can it be sooner rather than later?

Obviously we as gamers are split on this subject. However, not all of us are. Those who agree with me and don't want to leave this game because developers drove us away, please sign a petition I started.

Oh and for those who say WoW does this all the time: your right it does. And you also fail to mention how people are moving away from that game because of such things. No, its not the only reason, but its just one of many and I don't this game to be the same.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/276601/number-of-world-of-warcraft-subscribers-by-quarter/

To not lower DPS:

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-don-t-lower-dps-in-swtor-3-0

ahh.. WoW has only had 1 game wide dps reduction for players. And it was a long time coming. game was so broken you could AH buy a 85-bow and run end game raids (which I did). I'd rather not have bad specced gear ruining this game as well.

Offense intended, but how big of a loser do you have to be to quit a game because the developers perform an across the board reduction on damage and healing output due to long term content planning?

If they screw up balance point it out and they'll fix it. Otherwise, I don't get why it's an issue worth rage quitting over.

Pretty easy to quit Im sure when the power creep is not hindered by this move except in this one instance.

The so called band aid fix never helped any game. What is BW going to do? Make level 65 equal to 55 so they can hinder power creep again?

Make level 70 equal to 55 so they can keep you playing DF/DP years later?

This is a game of progression, the illusion of progression is not worth the time for many in a game based on progressing. The Illusion of "leveling up" in this case is a bit hard to swallow. You are level 60 in better gear (198) acting as if you were level 55 in 186 gear. Very odd indeed and it doesn't fit well in a progression game.

Hell, even in WOW, their adjustment was across the board. IT was all kept relative, doesn't seem to be the case here. IF it was all kept relative at least it would have been received a bit better.

It begs the question, why level at all? Just to make the $20 sound more appealing?

Edited by Quraswren