The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You misunderstand. We assume people like to have fun and wish to participate in the Rakghoul event if they aren't vaccinated. If you don't want to get infected, get vaccinated to show that. Again, I provided you with a variety of ways to deal with that; it really isn't that difficult.

See above -- the very problem is the opt-out nature of the event, and that those who don't find it fun are required to go out of their way, even a few minutes out of their way, to avoid being forced into it.

You assume far too much when you assume that anyone else wants to participate in your "fun".

How?

If some players not taking part in an event somehow ruins that event for those who do take part, then maybe the people who designed that event should be questioned, instead of the players who'd rather do something else that week instead of run around and inflict their "fun" on random strangers.

Every year my City holds a parade for the fourth of July. for the parade a large swath of Main Street is closed forcing me to take a rather annoying detour. By your logic the City officials who design this event ought to questioned for allowing something that temporarily inconveniences some for the benefit of many others.

Its a rare, temporary event, it can be annoying, but please do escape your daily routine so you can enjoy something that isn't here everyday.

Every year my City holds a parade for the fourth of July. for the parade a large swath of Main Street is closed forcing me to take a rather annoying detour. By your logic the City officials who design this event ought to questioned for allowing something that temporarily inconveniences some for the benefit of many others.

Its a rare, temporary event, it can be annoying, but please do escape your daily routine so you can enjoy something that isn't here everyday.

Good reply Zoom!

See above -- the very problem is the opt-out nature of the event, and that those who don't find it fun are required to go out of their way, even a few minutes out of their way, to avoid being forced into it.

You assume far too much when you assume that anyone else wants to participate in your "fun".

I don't know, judging by how you seem to be the vast minority in this thread alone seems to make my assumption a pretty safe one. Plus, again. Vaccinate yourself. It's more difficult to constantly whine on the the forums like this pointlessly than it is to pick up a few vaccines or even get Friend so you can get a Relic.

As for principle. You only apply this principle because it benefits you; by the principle of realism (this is a plague, and plagues spread without vaccines) and the principle of encouraging players to get more involved this is an excellent mechanic. Even better, that majority of players enjoy the mechanic. Why should we all have to be inconvenienced because of you?

........................As for principle. You only apply this principle because it benefits you; by the principle of realism (this is a plague, and plagues spread without vaccines) and the principle of encouraging players to get more involved this is an excellent mechanic. Even better, that majority of players enjoy the mechanic. Why should we all have to be inconvenienced because of you?

Then allow us to kill you. The directive on the IMP fleet alone is that the infected people should go and incinerate themselves.

There is nothing realistic about running around coughing over people, when those people are currently not at liberty to kill you.

Feel free, using your rationale regarding fun, to tell me how it would be wrong for me to kill your green coughing ghoul?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

The parade also doesn't last a week and prevent "non-participants" from getting gas, going the grocery store, etc.

Then allow us to kill you. The directive on the IMP fleet alone is that the infected people should go and incinerate themselves.

There is nothing realistic about running around coughing over people, when those people are currently not at liberty to kill you.

Clearly this is an RP event far more than it's PvP...PvP is just the requirement to RP correctly.

I don't know, judging by how you seem to be the vast minority in this thread alone seems to make my assumption a pretty safe one. Plus, again. Vaccinate yourself. It's more difficult to constantly whine on the the forums like this pointlessly than it is to pick up a few vaccines or even get Friend so you can get a Relic.

As for principle. You only apply this principle because it benefits you; by the principle of realism (this is a plague, and plagues spread without vaccines) and the principle of encouraging players to get more involved this is an excellent mechanic. Even better, that majority of players enjoy the mechanic. Why should we all have to be inconvenienced because of you?

How the hell would it be inconvenient for you to not be able to force others into participating?

As for "realism", that's not a road you want to go down, especially on the Imperial side, where there's a "kill and incinerate on sight" order out against the infected.

Clearly this is an RP event far more than it's PvP...PvP is just the requirement to RP correctly.

I'm sorry, I do not find it RP whatsoever. If anything, it is far more annoying that being ganked by 55s as a lowbie on Tat for example.

Allow the rest of us to fight back and kill the infected, as per THORNs instructions and I will concede your point.

If it was RP, my toons would not turn green and start coughing when some clown has infected me. Being infected by someone at its very core is an act of PVP, and should at the very least, flag that person in the same way as we are all flagged in Outlaws Den.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

We are not talking about a commemoration here, we are talking about something that is supposed to be fun.

A more accurate comparison with real-life would be something like this :

Imagine yourself walking at the park with your family / significant other / friends / whoever you like or even alone. You are just there to spend some quality time with people you care about, nothing else. As you walk you come across a couple of people playing freesbee. As you walk, the guy currently holding the freesbee decides to send it to you (intentionally), without warning. Since you weren't expecting it you don't see it coming and receive it in the face. And the guy who sent it refuses to apologize and even says it's all your fault because he expected you to yell toward his group that you did not want to play with them.

In case anyone did not understand my point, the guy who sent the freesbee is reasoning exactly like Bioware is along with everyone in this thread who believe the rakghoul event is fine as it is.

How the hell would it be inconvenient for you to not be able to force others into participating?

As for "realism", that's not a road you want to go down, especially on the Imperial side, where there's a "kill and incinerate on sight" order out against the infected.

Because it's much more difficult to hit the daily caps and achievement caps if people just switch off the event.

It's just a week, you aren't seriously inconvenienced... and if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

[quote=ApostleThirst;7765128 Vaccinate yourself. It's more difficult to constantly whine on the the forums like this pointlessly than it is to pick up a few vaccines or even get Friend so you can get a Relic.

Requirement for the relics is Newcomer, so half as much.

We are not talking about a commemoration here, we are talking about something that is supposed to be fun.

Imagine yourself walking at the park with your family / significant other / friends / whoever you like or even alone. You are just there to spend some quality time with people you care about, nothing else. As you walk you come across a couple of people playing freesbee. As you walk, the guy currently holding the freesbee decides to send it to you (intentionally), without warning. Since you weren't expecting it you don't see it coming and receive it in the face. And the guy who sent it refuses to apologize and even says it's all your fault because he expected you to yell toward his group that you did not want to play with them.

In case anyone did not understand my point, the guy who sent the freesbee is reasoning exactly like Bioware is along with everyone in this thread who believe the rakghoul event is fine as it is.

Except when the week is active, it's as if that same park has a warning sign that says, "Warning: Frisbee Zone. Be on Alert. Wear a Helmet"

Feel free, using your rationale regarding fun, to tell me how it would be wrong for me to kill your green coughing ghoul?

Feel free to try and kill me, just don't be surprised when I fight back :cool:

Who am I forcing to participate? All you have to do is buy a vaccine; what you're doing is not participating. Get over yourself - you're not being victimized.

Nah his analogy is better than yours, but you get more drama points.

If getting a vaccine and so forth were really *** breaking inconveniences or harmful I might agree with you. This is just one very minor challenge that the game presents. Hardly a bigger deal than having to use turn in boxes or go to certain locations to start certain quests.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Feel free to try and kill me, just don't be surprised when I fight back :cool:

Who am I forcing to participate? All you have to do is buy a vaccine; what you're doing is not participating. Get over yourself - you're not being victimized.

Your personal ability to PVP is not the issue here, I am sure you are just amazing at it.

The issue is, the event in nature is a PVP event and yet the victims are not allowed to take part in the PVP themselves.

Except when the week is active, it's as if that same park has a warning sign that says, "Warning: Frisbee Zone. Be on Alert. Wear a Helmet"

It's not just a limited zone. It's the whole galaxy. Nowhere is safe!

EDIT : apart from my stronghold and ship. But there aren't many dailies or quests to do in those areas.

Edited by Darth_Furian

I'm sorry, I do not find it RP whatsoever. If anything, it is far more annoying that being ganked by 55s as a lowbie on Tat for example.

Allow the rest of us to fight back and kill the infected, as per THORNs instructions and I will concede your point.

If it was RP, my toons would not turn green and start coughing when some clown has infected me. Being infected by someone at its very core is an act of PVP, and should at the very least, flag that person in the same way as we are all flagged in Outlaws Den.

I was simply commenting on your suggestion that you're doing THORN's bidding by killing the infected...which is clearly RPing. If you don't want to get infected, take the stim and don't worry about it. It lasts a week...relax and enjoy the deviation from the norm.

Your personal ability to PVP is not the issue here, I am sure you are just amazing at it.

The issue is, the event in nature is a PVP event and yet the victims are not allowed to take part in the PVP themselves.

Agreed we should be able to kill the coughing fumy people at will. I'd enjoy the pvp and free virus cleansing if it was me in the smelly green cloud.

I wasn't saying it was (in fact I'm actually pretty terrible at dueling; I'm decent at warzones because I know tactics and grabbing objectives but the only time my numbers really shine is healing). I don't think the event is a PvP event, but I think I agree with you somewhat. Getting infected should make you flagged... and you should be able to unflag by waiting in a sanctuary/whatever.

The real reason is more likely that Bioware wants to keep the Fleet a no-combat zone, and the Fleet is a major point for propagating the plague.

I was simply commenting on your suggestion that you're doing THORN's bidding by killing the infected...which is clearly RPing. If you don't want to get infected, take the stim and don't worry about it. It lasts a week...relax and enjoy the deviation from the norm.

No thanks, and you are long in the tooth enough to know you are just trying to justify the event for the events sake.

The event is a PVP event. If I infect you, it was a player Vs player encounter, and yet you as the victim cannot retaliate due the plague carrier, me in this instance not being flagged, even though I am meant to be purged from the galaxy.

Sorry, you just cannot have it one way and not the other. Obviously BW feel different of course, and feel that only the plague trolls are in the right and that the victims, have no rights whatsoever.

To reiterate, at this precise moment I could buy approx. 97500 vaccines, credits are not the point, it is a matter of principle.

I don't know, judging by how you seem to be the vast minority in this thread alone seems to make my assumption a pretty safe one.

Your fun is ruinning the fun of others

Our fun is based on the fact that we just want to be left alone

It does not matter if your opinion is wider than ours, the opinion of a bully no matter how many they are is still a bad opinion.

Plus, again. Vaccinate yourself. It's more difficult to constantly whine on the the forums like this pointlessly than it is to pick up a few vaccines or even get Friend so you can get a Relic.

Actually you are wrong, for the next week, i don't feel like i want to play, so i have nothing better to do than "whine on these forums"

Why ?, because a part of this event spoils my fun, and when it spoils my fun, i don't feel like to play, so, i come here whining, and hoping that our combined whining gets vocal enough so that at the very least the vaccine gets free.

Principle of realism ? Really ?

This is a game made by Electronic Arts you are talking about, a compagny that ****s with logic more often than you hear the B word per breaking bad episode, which in this case is rather an advantage.

Get yourself together, dude, this is a game, you only take the realism you need and discard the rest, that is common sense.

Encouraging people to play an event is not done by using the stick, it's done by using the carrot, use the stick for something they don't want and you make them flee (good thing the event is temporary), it's as simple as that, and the guy who thought otherwise and ordered this to be develloped has to be a really big *** moron.

Why should we all have to be inconvenienced because of you?

Being left along should not inconvenience you at all if this event was done right, istead it is us who are inconvenienced, and i return you why should we have to be inconvenienced because of you ? Because you are more numerous ? this is the argument of a bully.

Instead of blaming the victims

For once Do the Right thing : Blame the Bully

I wasn't saying it was (in fact I'm actually pretty terrible at dueling; I'm decent at warzones because I know tactics and grabbing objectives but the only time my numbers really shine is healing). I don't think the event is a PvP event, but I think I agree with you somewhat. Getting infected should make you flagged... and you should be able to unflag by waiting in a sanctuary/whatever.

The real reason is more likely that Bioware wants to keep the Fleet a no-combat zone, and the Fleet is a major point for propagating the plague.

Totally agree. By the same rationale, they should keep the infected from the fleet.

No thanks, and you are long in the tooth enough to know you are just trying to justify the event for the events sake.

The event is a PVP event. If I infect you, it was a player Vs player encounter, and yet you as the victim cannot retaliate due the plague carrier, me in this instance not being flagged, even though I am meant to be purged from the galaxy.

Sorry, you just cannot have it one way and not the other. Obviously BW feel different of course, and feel that only the plague trolls are in the right and that the victims, have no rights whatsoever.

To reiterate, at this precise moment I could buy approx. 97500 vaccines, credits are not the point, it is a matter of principle.

YOU brought up the RP aspect...not me.

And really?! Victims?! LOL! This lasts a week...calm down. Buy your stim or step outside if you're getting so worked up over it, I don't care either way...I like the event and I'm glad it's back!