Any love for Prophecy of the Five incoming Bioware?

seanisawake

what exactly would you like Bioware to do for your server?

pay people to play on it?

Pot5 and ToFN both had (and still, to some extent, have) the worst communities in the game. They deserved exactly what happened to them.

(and nope, this is not a personal attack, I don't even know who you are in-game)

Edited by TheNahash

if they do forced server merges/transfers again i will be highly upset, don't know about anyone else ^^, that's the only thing BW can do. We can transfer at our choosing now so it seems BW has already addressed the issue. We get new players all the time as a light server, help them lvl and fall in love with game and we will have a population. Otherwise you have two options :eek:

what exactly would you like Bioware to do for your server?

pay people to play on it?

Pot5 and ToFN both had (and still, to some extent, have) the worst communities in the game. They deserved exactly what happened to them.

(and nope, this is not a personal attack, I don't even know who you are in-game)

I just started toons on this server , third server now lol, to try PVP out as i played pve to death. I find the community no more or less different than any other server I occupy my time with. They all have drama queens and bad eggs but overall good people. I didn't even realize it had bad rep and I was a beta tester and played this game since day 1. Not sure where you get your info, but your post was clearly a "attack". I might be new to server and missed things in past but even if that's true why should they be punished for people who moved on or quit playing? Just bad comment bro really, stirring the pot :D

Pot5 is suffering from pvp neglect, not bad community. Bioware is pretty good at alienating and pushing the pvp community away. Too many players have quit outright and others have transferred to Harbinger looking for shorter ques. Nothing on the horizon beyond a vague "we are working on something even better than cross-server ques!"

I just started toons on this server , third server now lol, to try PVP out as i played pve to death. I find the community no more or less different than any other server I occupy my time with. They all have drama queens and bad eggs but overall good people. I didn't even realize it had bad rep and I was a beta tester and played this game since day 1. Not sure where you get your info, but your post was clearly a "attack". I might be new to server and missed things in past but even if that's true why should they be punished for people who moved on or quit playing? Just bad comment bro really, stirring the pot :D

I started on Pot5 until my friends quit the game and our guild folded.

They didn't quit the game due to the state of PvP (which really isn't any different than any other PvE based game's PvP) but because the community on Pot5 was just awful and at launch this game wasn't what it could have been.

PvP servers aren't PvP centered or focused. This common misconception plagues every MMO I've played. It simply means that you are always flagged no matter what your level or where you are in the world outside of "sanctuary" zones. I've actually found better PvP on PvE servers, mostly because the people flagged in the world are "looking for a fight" so to speak whereas with everyone flagged it often becomes nothing more than a gank fest by people who couldn't win a fair fight against someone their level.

Moving to a PvP server normally means you will find an imbalance between factions as people on the low side of the balance leave and people looking for an advantage move in...further wrecking the faction balance equation.

More importantly, there isn't anything EA/BW can do for you. They can't force people to play on specific servers nor can they tell them they have to play a specific faction. A server merge might do it, but after the last merges I doubt they'd do another just to clean up a couple of servers where there might be an imbalance.

You're pretty much on your own as far as generating "love".

I would love to have a merger of Jung Ma and POT5. I started out on Jung Ma but transferred. I wouldn't mind the Bastion either, depending on how reasonable the pings are, but I've never played on it. As far as I'm concerned, more players = more fun. The ignore list works fine for weeding out the riff raff.

Pot5 is suffering from pvp neglect, not bad community. Bioware is pretty good at alienating and pushing the pvp community away.

My agent's OS says other wise. My Jugg's ED also disagrees with you.

Edited by Silko

Hey guise I herd that Failstar is liek the bestest peeveepee game evah. The grass isn't only greener there, but it's rainbow coloured! You should totally quit swtor and buy that game, now. Edited by Jandi

My agent's OS says other wise. My Jugg's ED also disagrees with you.

I don't know what your acronyms mean, so I don't know which part you disagree with. Perhaps you can elaborate? I'm guessing your Agent's operating system isn't talking to him and your Juggernaut doesn't have erectile dysfunction. Though erectile dysfunction really would be disagreeable to all concerned ;)

Pot5 is suffering from pvp neglect, not bad community. Bioware is pretty good at alienating and pushing the pvp community away. Too many players have quit outright and others have transferred to Harbinger looking for shorter ques. Nothing on the horizon beyond a vague "we are working on something even better than cross-server ques!"

I think that implies the incoming of Mega-Servers. 1 PvP Server, 1 PvE Server and 1 RP Server, for NA and EU. Thats what Wildstar did and its working out well for them. I would be fine with it.

As for pvp, this game just doesn't cater to hardcore pvpers, more so casual and moderate, the strong point in this game are raids and the amount of content they are putting out pve wise, they just need to keep adding more at a more often pace. Story is also a strongpoint can't forget that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.