I'm interviewing Eric Musco live tomorrow (15th Oct) 7pm GMT+1

snave

This is probably one of the top 15 butthurt posts in SWTOR forum history. You earned a slow clap.

On top of that, he got the genders wrong XD

@Snave: thanks for the interview! I don't think Musco and his team will change either but who knows?

Edited by Darkshadz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good interview. I dont feel to informed after watching it however.

We got some feedback though, so its a plus. Dialogue is a good step, and atleast this time, the questions arent filtered and limited to one sentence. Despite that, the answers still came off very, very neutral.

Well after watching this heres my thoughts

1.The point of cantina meet and greets is to meet the devs/bioware people like thier celebrities not for game info and announcements. LOL seriously?

2.Instead of apolagizing like the host suggested eric skirted the issue and didnt catch on to the fact that they lost HUGE numbers from that 8v8 stuff even now

3. Musco seems like a decent guy but i dont see much happening here i agree with the host

Think 3 vital parts being said in this hour:

1) Snave giving us the Story how the PvP community then was trying to make 8 vs 8 happen with the ToFN migration >>> the only known example on how the PvP community was/is trying to solve a PvP community problem

2) Snave admitting/stating/acknowledging Solo Ranked isn't really Ranked.

3) Musco: We know what effect removing ranked 8 vs 8 had on a short term on the PvP community, but we don't know what impact it will have in the long run!?

The overall message being there are no quick fixes and as long team ranked isn't played, we the PvP community, will not be taken seriously, we will be regarded as a 'red is dead' bunch.

What it's all boils down to in the end is; Who decides when the MMO feature of 'Playing together with friends' in an Ranked environment is going to be played?

Edited by t-darko

I think the solution BioWare have used so far to fix the PvP community issues are not addressing the underlying causes. They ignored the player base they have and removed things why people played PvP, so of course they lost plenty of the PvP players which have been into 8v8. My personal issue is, I am just not into arena. I have nothing against arena, so I thought it is fine that BioWare gave that type to people who like it, but if I had known that arena means they remove 8v8 ranked warzones I would have complained much earlier. And now I am not sure, I would like to get cross server queues, but BioWare things they have a better solution, and I wonder what will they remove from the game to make it better, or will it be again something nobody really wants to happen.

Who cares about your opinion ?

I guess that you hold this opinion merely because you are a Bad at GSF.

I think it comes down to PvP meaning something in this game for 2 years and then having a completely different, unrelated game mode come in that matches players against players. If they created a group space GSF against AI, I wouldn't call it PvE. I'd call it space PvE or whatever they call it such as GSF. I wouldn't assume anyone interested in end game PvE wants to do space PvE like you seem to do with PvP, that's for sure.

I finally got around to listening to it.

A couple minor points:

. You don't need any valor to wear a mostly full brute set so long as you have a legacy set.

An expertise requirement wouldn't stop people from q'ing with bad gear (no augments, no brute).

. Only two people have been q'ing in season 3 without an advanced class and from their ratings they didn't play many games. There is a mara out there with a rating of 1, though... ppl are jerks.

Ranked 8 is ancient history. Asking for/about it is fine but making a big stink was out of line, imo.

Queuing for solo ranked may be easy, but playing it is a completely different experience vs regs. Just like r8s were. The only difference between the q systems is that one requires a group (which is only as hard as other players made it - nothing to do with bw) and the other doesn't.

As far as i'm concerned, BW's #2 or #3 pvp priority should be to get ranked qs popping on as many servers as possible. If they can do that without merges or x-server then more power to them. Once that situation exists then we can start worrying about filtering/finding the best vs best scenario (copy the pts, call it "The War Server" and schedule a ladder event?). More people playing more games could even open up 8v8 again and it would mean people would get grouped by rating (which is fairly irrelevant for matchmaking now with maybe 2% of players bothering to q occasiinally).

Edited by Savej

More people playing more games could even open up 8v8 again and it would mean people would get grouped by rating (which is fairly irrelevant for matchmaking now with maybe 2% of players bothering to q occasiinally).

2% is a bit high dont you think.

If we are talking strictly ranked I mean there are about 30 players for each server with multiple toons queing up. With a subscriber base up in the tens of thousands, your lucky to see half a percent playing ranked.

There were 13k characters on the season 3 leaderboards on saturday. Assuming 500k players and a significant percentage of those on the board have more than 1 char on it i'd say 2% is close. Bear in mind the average number of wins per character is between 4 and 10 (edited for accuracy) varying by class so most people aren't playing much at all. Edited by Savej

Almost crashed my car when Musco said, "We don't know if it was the wrong decision to remove 8v8."

That one event destroyed PvP for everyone. It wasn't just about those that played it. It was about entire guilds folding in its wake. When those guilds folded, PvP lost a ton of players and it's simultaneously broke guilds recruiting. BW needs to come clean and admit it was a huge mistake, especially in light of players moving servers to try to counteract their lack of desire or tech to do xserver.

Almost crashed my car when Musco said, "We don't know if it was the wrong decision to remove 8v8."

That one event destroyed PvP for everyone. It wasn't just about those that played it. It was about entire guilds folding in its wake. When those guilds folded, PvP lost a ton of players and it's simultaneously broke guilds recruiting. BW needs to come clean and admit it was a huge mistake, especially in light of players moving servers to try to counteract their lack of desire or tech to do xserver.

When they delayed it from 1.2 to 1.3, that was the nail in the coffin. A couple of guilds resubbed just to play for a month or two, but almost everyone had moved on.

When they delayed it from 1.2 to 1.3, that was the nail in the coffin. A couple of guilds resubbed just to play for a month or two, but almost everyone had moved on.

You're both right, IMO. We lost a huge chunk of people with the initial delay - and then a decent chunk of what was left when ranked 8's were removed.

Edited by Gnoblesse

I can admit that I was one of those trying to build around 8 vs 8, but when Musco said it was a few playing that feature he is also sadly true in that statement.

What ever one thinks regarding Arenas, one cannot escape the fact, that though the cry for competitive PvP is out there together with the endless whine of how unfair 'Solo Ranked', the fact still remains; the place that offers competitiveness and fairness is Group Ranked(in more ways than 'Solo Ranked') and it's being played scarcely to none, this is a fact we can't keep ignoring.

Edited by t-darko

I can admit that I was one of those trying to build around 8 vs 8, but when Musco said it was a few playing that feature he is also sadly true in that statement.

What ever one thinks regarding Arenas, one cannot escape the fact, that though the cry for competitive PvP is out there together with the endless whine of how unfair 'Solo Ranked', the fact still remains; the place that offers competitiveness and fairness is Group Ranked(in more ways than 'Solo Ranked') and it's being played scarcely to none, this is a fact we can't keep ignoring.

There was more teams playing 8v8 than 4v4 currently.

There was more teams playing 8v8 than 4v4 currently.

Well, a lot more people have left the game since 8v8 ranked was a thing. I'm 95% positive that if 4v4 ranked came out with 1.2, PvP would be thriving in this game more than if 8v8 had launched on time with 1.2.

Well, a lot more people have left the game since 8v8 ranked was a thing. I'm 95% positive that if 4v4 ranked came out with 1.2, PvP would be thriving in this game more than if 8v8 had launched on time with 1.2.

Not likely.

The way 4v4 is done in this game doesn't really get anyone pumping.

8v8 on the other hand was massive fun to do.

I think it comes down to PvP meaning something in this game for 2 years and then having a completely different, unrelated game mode come in that matches players against players. If they created a group space GSF against AI, I wouldn't call it PvE. I'd call it space PvE or whatever they call it such as GSF. I wouldn't assume anyone interested in end game PvE wants to do space PvE like you seem to do with PvP, that's for sure.

EXACTLY! Well said Jadescythe!

PvP reward idea: a "free server xfer pass" that is valid for a period of time (e.g. 6 months). Top players get this so that can roll their own cross server competition. E.g. transfer every other day if desired (today is an away game, tomorrow is a home game)

people would come back if they were able to get large scale ojective based open world pvp going again and the engine bieng able to handle it now. Sadly seeing how conquest is needing 50 mill to do it and a steamrolling guild not sure how it would turn out this time but id check it out. Edited by publicenemies

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.