Lots of juicy info from Unnamed SWTOR Podcast from NY Cantina Tour

Pietrastor

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your post said they have released tactical ops, I was just pointing out they haven't.

He said they have released tactical "raids" but I'm pretty sure that was a typo for Tactical FPs given the context, or as a catch-all term for PVE group content (but "raids" is really not a good term for that if it's what he was going for).

Edited by DarthDymond

Because a sm op is soooooooo hard, omg i solo heal that **** in my sleep. This is a freaking MMO go play a single player game if your too scared to play with other people...

Yeah the nerve of some individuals imagining they can play independently from the enlightenment of the hive!

I know I brought up Pazaak to Eric, he said that they wanted to use Pazaak for the nightlife update -but- they needed a way to also make it a business. Tossed in possibly a Pazaak table that can be brought for the strongholds in the CM. Was said that they'll see what they can push forward with that idea.

I know I brought up Pazaak to Eric, he said that they wanted to use Pazaak for the nightlife update -but- they needed a way to also make it a business. Tossed in possibly a Pazaak table that can be brought for the strongholds in the CM. Was said that they'll see what they can push forward with that idea.

I dunno...maybe card packs like other card games do? :rolleyes:

Then again its kinda sad that they cant implement a mini-game without it needing to force feed CM down players throats. I miss the days when MMO's were subscriber only.

Edited by Raansu

Unnamed SWTOR Podcast brings lots of juicy info from Cantina NY Tour chat with Bruce Maclean:

http://gaddockgaming.com/2014/10/11/episode-57-nyc-cantina-qa-spoilers/

• Togruta is the next race they're working on, but not for 3.0 of course
  • they're looking into options/working on separating gear stats from fashion (some form of costume manager); this includes the issue of color crystals, if/when they separate the rest of the gear's stats from looks, crystals would be included in the new system as well; POSSIBLY in 3.0
  • they did pod-racing prototype but abandoned it due to technical issues (server lag being cited as the problem with determining race winners)
  • current 55 top-level ops gear = entry level 60 ops gear
  • no world boss in 3.0, but we will be seeing one after 3.0 next year
  • they're talking internally about possibly increasing EC up to level cap again, not for 3.0 though
  • they may look into faction-change in future
  • they are definitely working on the next Stronghold, but no definitive info which planet it will be on; working on combat dummies for strogholds; if they can improve performance they will up NPC limit from 25
  • multi-phase plan to revitalize GSF, increased requisitions being the first phase
  • 2 new tactical FPs are 55-60 leveling FPs, both brand new
  • 4 HM FPs are Tython, Korriban, Manaan & Rakata
  • there is either a solo-mission or FP equivalent of the second operation, the finale of the expansion story (a choice if you prefer to do the solo/FP or Ops version of the story?), Unnamed podcast didn't remember correctly if it was solo-mission or FP, possibly locked behind Reputation grind level (the equivalent, not the actual Op itself!); WOW's Wrath of the Lich King example of this feature was cited; NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members
  • engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"
  • new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though
  • working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

There are also HUGE story spoilers for the expansion which I ommitted, if you want to listen to them they start at around 53 minute mark in the podcast. Sorry to Gaddock/Unnamed SWTOR Podcast if I made any mistakes or stepped on some toes, correct me where I made mistakes, but this was a very informative Podcast so I though it needed a thread and bullet points.

I heard about all three PvP points before. They did not and will not happen. Unless they release specification am calling it BS. As for new FPs being tactical, how pathetic.

• engineers are working on improving queue-times for PVP, not cross-servers but something "way better"
  • new WZ maps and game-mode next year, they haven't decided what the game-mode will be yet though
  • working on improvement for open world PVP, not on previous Ilum scale but on a "Conquest" scale (?)

Those three things are very encouraging and may actually still keep me subbed.

I don't really think it's any trickier than Twi'lek, which we already have. They might be able to get away with using the exact same head rules on gear, actually.

The difference with Togruta is that they have head tails that drape over their shoulders which Twileks don't. Head pieces aren't a problem, it's chest pieces since the lower tails will clip through a lot of chest pieces. You also have a number instances in cutscenes where clipping would be pretty bad.

Regardless of those things I think it's gotten to the point where players are willing to accept those things.

Well pvp is fun but well...there needs to be a better goal and better rewards for it. SOmething worth to gain warzone recommendations.

Also Togruta yes!

I really like this game. I think the two biggest flaws are that the rewards aren´t really worth the time spent on the game. Also most of the rewards like stronghold decorations, speeders, pets. All of that is just for the looks. There are no differences between them beside the looks. One Speeder isn`t faster than another. One pet doesn´t do anything more than follow you, just like any other rare pet.

Decorations are all non interactive which is not very fun. It`s nice to look at but that`s it.

The non interactivity of most items are I think a very big flaw of this game. Maybe it`s because of the engine but I`m just saying.

-eyes suspiciously-

Costume manager . . . playable Togruta . . . new Stronghold . . . ability to see the finale of the 3.0 story solo . . . there are too many things on that list that I'd love to see for it to be true. :p

Teasing aside, thanks for posting, OP! I will be ridiculously happy (and go on a shopping spree of epic proportions) if they give us some sort of wardrobe/costume tabs.

Agreed. I'll believe it when I see it. I do hope it is true. I'd be deliriously happy! Ecstatic! Even more so, if they let us buy a few more slots, because I have my 22 filled on my chosen server, so I can actually make my Togrutas :D

I dunno...maybe card packs like other card games do? :rolleyes:

Then again its kinda sad that they cant implement a mini-game without it needing to force feed CM down players throats. I miss the days when MMO's were subscriber only.

Well they need to make revenue one way or another, doesn't have to be CM. CM is just the easiest way to do so.

Ummm this is an MMO the Dread Master Storyline ended in a Op why would Revan's storyline be different?

You're making the wrong question: :p

there is either a solo-mission or FP equivalent of the second operation, the finale of the expansion story (a choice if you prefer to do the solo/FP or Ops version of the story?), Unnamed podcast didn't remember correctly if it was solo-mission or FP, possibly locked behind Reputation grind level (the equivalent, not the actual Op itself!); WOW's Wrath of the Lich King example of this feature was cited; NPCs possibly to "fill-in" for missing group members.

It will be different -- apparently.

The correct question is: Should it be different?

I really don't think so but then again, Bioware feels otherwise.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Don't bother. Eric opened a can of worms with his post last week. Come 4.0 this game will be purely single player.

Good. That makes me and my hubby very happy. We're soloers, or pair up for things. There is so much we haven't been able to see or do. So yay!!

Good. That makes me and my hubby very happy. We're soloers, or pair up for things. There is so much we haven't been able to see or do. So yay!!

All of that stuff is easily accessible if you bothered to spend 10 minutes on the fleet looking at general chat for groups forming.

they're looking into options/working on separating gear stats from fashion (some form of costume manager); this includes the issue of color crystals, if/when they separate the rest of the gear's stats from looks, crystals would be included in the new system as well; POSSIBLY in 3.0

Finally!!!! :eek: Ugly legacy gear FTW :p

multi-phase plan to revitalize GSF, increased requisitions being the first phase

Damn just drop it to the space already, don't waste your time Bioware! :mad:

Datacron no legacy wide.

/sigh :(

Edited by Glower

All of that stuff is easily accessible if you bothered to spend 10 minutes on the fleet looking at general chat for groups forming.

I don't group, because I don't like to do things with strangers. I have my guild, that I'm in with my hubby and all our alts, and love it just fine. So don't assume I haven't bothered to spend time in the game doing things, I've been here since before launch. I just don't like to do group content. That doesn't mean, I don't like to see how the story plays out.

And to those that suggested I play kotor 1 and 2....been there done that. Just because I like to play solo, doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to see other people around me, or make use of the gtn or things like that. I stick pretty much to myself and my own family in real life too, but I still like to go outside and go shopping. I just don't like dealing with strangers. And given how some people have responded to my post, who can blame me. People are mean.

Edited by Lunafox

I don't group, because I don't like to do things with strangers. I have my guild, that I'm in with my hubby and all our alts, and love it just fine. So don't assume I haven't bothered to spend time in the game doing things, I've been here since before launch. I just don't like to do group content. That doesn't mean, I don't like to see how the story plays out.

And to those that suggested I play kotor 1 and 2....been there done that. Just because I like to play solo, doesn't mean that I don't want to be able to see other people around me, or make use of the gtn or things like that. I stick pretty much to myself and my own family in real life too, but I still like to go outside and go shopping. I just don't like dealing with strangers. And given how some people have responded to my post, who can blame me. People are mean.

Oh no! You might have to socialize with people!!!!!!

If you're that determined to play solo then go to youtube and watch the cut scenes.

Oh no! You might have to socialize with people!!!!!!

If you're that determined to play solo then go to youtube and watch the cut scenes.

In theory that should satisfy a need for story. I find, in practice, it doesn't quite feel the same. Doing it yourself, for whatever reason, seems more entertaining. Not entirely sure why.

In theory that should satisfy a need for story. I find, in practice, it doesn't quite feel the same. Doing it yourself, for whatever reason, seems more entertaining. Not entirely sure why.

The answer is obvious: People want to experience the Hero high, instead of just seeing it through the telly or monitor.

You're not watching a Hero. You ARE the Hero. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked