Petition to Stop Disciplines "Improvement"

xTonyStarkx

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will only kill the game if everyone decides not to play anymore without trying out the new system...or even waiting to see a demo. I have some serious misgivings, because I really like doing dailies and tacticals with a hybrid heal spec--in situations where constant healing isn't required, dpsing in a full heal spec is super boring--but I want to give it a shot and see what they do with it.

I personally prefer the Skill Tree approach over the Disciplines/Specializations approach, but there is no way they're going to reverse course on this.

The change isn't a dealbreaker for me, though, so at this point I'm just hoping it's well-done and my Lightning Sorc remains as much fun to play as it has been.

I read over their article, but it sounds like they've just made everything even more cookie-cutter than it was before. As usual, they attempt to fix an earlier mistake by going as far as they can in the other direction.

This is exactly what I think it is, right? All Gunnery Commando's will have the exact same skills, all healing Commando's the same skills etc. Did the W0W model differ from this? It's not terribly different than what we have now (assuming all skills are still there), but it is a way for them to eliminate hybrids.

This is exactly what I think it is, right? All Gunnery Commando's will have the exact same skills, all healing Commando's the same skills etc. Did the W0W model differ from this? It's not terribly different than what we have now (assuming all skills are still there), but it is a way for them to eliminate hybrids.

Looking at the picture here, it looks like the majority of abilities/bonuses will be predetermined and granted automatically when you hit certain levels (that's the "Skill Path" panel on the left), but there will also be "Utility Points" which players can use to select the options of their choosing among multiple "tiers" of separate utility options with seven options per tier (the panel on the right). So there should still be some variation, and not all Gunnery Commandos will have the exact same "skills" depending on what options people take with their Utility Points (calling both utility options and skill path unlocks "skills" here).

But yeah, it will eliminate hybrids and it is certainly more cookie-cutter than before in terms of the design.

It's not clear whether the Utility options will include active abilities, or just be variety among passive bonuses/procs though. Hopefully tomorrow's livestream will answer that question.

Edited by DarthDymond

Change?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Now i can't just google builds so that i know i have the right one without putting a second of thought into it. How dare you force me to use my brain. A full week i will have to spend actually thinking about it before new ones get posted on the internet for me to copy *sob*

/sarcasm

Not only a map, but something more. Ok I was dreaming too much with an Open World PvP, but something more than a gear change and a grind fest AGAIN.

WoW handle it very bad. No more customization and just "click when this proc" rotation for almost every class.

Of course we have to see, but sound really like WoW... lot of people left for this stuff...

The only thing we can pray for is that we don't see a decrease in difficulty

Stop with the misinformation. People left in Cata because of how hard starter dungeons were and lack of end game because of the heavy treatment vanilla azeroth got.

This discipline system is going to be good for the game.

Ähem, in 1.0 already all Heal Commandos had the exact same Skills.....I don´t get your point. They are just killing the hybrids and make respeccing a little easier, choose the 30 points in tree x you always need + take those dozen points for the flavor/utility skills moar speed moar glitter moar whatever:D

As long as the current rotations don't change i'm okay with it. If any part of the current gameplay is nerfed/dumbed down because of the talents then mad.

- A customizable buff/debuff bar would make things easier for players over any other change.

- They said the main motive for change is was for biowares benefit not ours. Its only a 1/2 good by bioware making life easier for themselves, we'll have better things coming... ofc this is only an issue if (we don't know yet) there is an impact to players to make it so.

Remembering the talent tress every time you dual specced was a bit much for all the classes sure... as long as the rotations remain whole. Please keep the rotations as they are!!!

As long as the current rotations don't change i'm okay with it. If any part of the current gameplay is nerfed/dumbed down because of the talents then mad.

Might as well get mad, since they already said that this changes everything, and they mentioned rotations in particular.

Remembering the talent tress every time you dual specced was a bit much for all the classes sure... as long as the rotations remain whole. Please keep the rotations as they are!!!

Rotations are lame to begin with. If you aren't adapting to the situation, you aren't playing as well as you can.

I hope they are reading this thread?

bioware did I get this correct......

first off the guy that designed sorc lighting and thought running and hiding with a turret class was fun gameplay is a moron. He was exposed with H2F comments and was probably told fix this **** now or find a new job! New direction "lets listen to community feedback"... sure it helped but the orginal design is the flaw. (pvp community who are vocal are on the decline cause numbers dont lie). your bosss asks why are poeple leaving the survey says class balance. They say fix it or find a new job.

pvp subs are probably at its all time lowest and none of these guys want to lose their jobs so 3.0 is their hail marry to fix the problems. bioware you know what NGE did for SWG if you dont rememeber ask sony.

good luck!

another thing if you played your game you would have seen the hybrid specs before they came.

Edited by warstory

BECAUSE!!!! THAT'S WHY! We're overly hyper in everything we do, we send a text and expect an immediate reply, we don't wait for answers - we use Google, we couldn't wait 10 minutes for a pizza so now we have hot and ready pizzas, you don't wait for your favorite song to play any longer - you download it and listen at will...this is 2014!!!! WE DON'T NEED TO WAIT!

I'm anxious for the live stream. I wasn't expecting 3.0 info today as it was...it's only Monday.

Woah TUXs! :o settle down buddy. Gonna have the devil within come out of you :rak_04: