12x Experience Boost-A slap in the face to people who had to level at launch.

JidaiDerriphan

You do realize that:

A) This is only for subs who pre-order the game before Nov-12

and

B) It is only last for a limited time.

With that said I find you opening post a slap and lack of recognizing these facts a to face to all subs that have been here since launch.

GOOD DAY SIR!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the sentiment, I really do: "I had to work hard to get where I am and so should you." My only response is this: I had to work just as hard, and am frankly tired of doing the same stuff over and over and over again just to get more toons to endgame. I've been enjoying the 12X buff for about an hour now and am pleased as punch. I haven't run the smuggler story line in a couple of years and am excited that i can finally get that scoundrel healer i've always wanted without trudging through the muck *again*.

I will grant that my experiences and feelings are my own and not necessarily representative of those of other players, however, my personal feeling is that I largely enjoyed the ride and couldn't care less about how much other players choose to enjoy the game's content the first go around. That being said, I can imagine there are some who want to pre-order but don't want to have the 12X buff forced on them. Yes, they could wait, but the fact that this isn't optional has me completely befuddled.

TL,DR: I think there's an analogy out there about something else entirely that somehow seems apt, but i'll spare you the drudgery. Bottom line: I really don't believe that others' experience necessarily should be or explicitly has to be the same, especially when what someone else experiences on their own and independently of you in no way affects you and your experience in any way whatsoever. Just my humble opinion.

I was a little upset when SW:TOR introduced experience boosts and double experience weekends, this frustration grew to anger when they extended double experience weekends into a full blown week. Now I am completely outraged, who else remembers leveling up without sprint, without legacy experience bonuses, without experiences boost? They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .

I really can't stand people like this. Seriously, get over yourself already. Just because you as a person had to do something at some point, does not mean that you lose something because someone get it more easy. Your sudden outrage at this simply displays that you lack understanding of why they're doing this. The answer is really quite simple; they want people to experience the new content. Likewise they made sure that leveling took time when the game first launched because back then that was the new content. Seriously dude, get over yourself.

LOL. I suppose that this thread was inevitable. I can counter with the fact that because I have leveled half a dozen times or better doing all those world quests that this boost is the best thing that they could have ever given me.

Thank you BioWare.

15 characters here, I can say, with emphasis, I NEVER want to see another pre-50 "planetary" quest ever again LOL

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I was a little upset when SW:TOR introduced experience boosts and double experience weekends, this frustration grew to anger when they extended double experience weekends into a full blown week.
Why did those things trouble you? Was it something SW:TOR did to you or was it something you did to yourself, a free choice you made?
Now I am completely outraged, who else remembers leveling up without sprint, without legacy experience bonuses, without experiences boost?
Oh! I do! Pick me! I remember!
They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .
It wasn't supposed to be work. Maybe this is the source of the problem, no? Games, remember? You know, Play? Clearly you have been working far too hard and the stress has overcome your usual good sense. Take a break and come back in awhile. I did. It did me a world of good. Maybe several. Edited by Gleneagle
mispelling

These new rewards retroactively ruin my fun from 2 years ago. This is a travesty! I remember when we couldn't do half the stuff in the game because of bugs...now all these new players get a mostly bug free experience. It's terrible. I'm unsubbing. /sarcasm

It's completely illogical to think this way. Improvements are made and don't affect your past experience at all because 12x XP for Class Missions isn't a time-traveling wizard. I suggest you enjoy it yourself now, because you also have that option. If you chose to level all your characters before now, it was clearly something you wanted to do as it was implemented. You accomplished your goal, so you should be satisfied.

If you didn't want to do it, but did it anyways, well....that's a whole different conversation.

I so love the "slap in t he face" threads. Its like a car wreck, you can't help but to look.

They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .

This is untrue however, you need to be a subscriber (pay), and preorder the SoR.

FTR: I am not a fan of leveling, so will be making heavy use of this.... I'd like to get each of the characters I started to 55 (I want to have one of each class (not advanced class), with at least one Tank, DPS, and Heals on both factions. What kills me when I try to level a new character is the exploration missions... I didn't like them the first time, and not a huge fan of repeating them, nor do I care to farm KDY/FPs (hence it takes me a long time to level a character (the game really began for me at 55). I think this is a fan-freaking-tastic perk.

This high-speed internet is a slap in the face to the people who had to load umm... "pictures" at slow speeds with 56k modems back in the day!

I demand the OP starts playing using a 56k modem connection so he can suffer as much as I did as a youngster!

:rolleyes:

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I agree it is a complete slap in the face of those of us who spend over 200 hours leveling our toons to 55 and now seeing a flood of 55's being leveled in less than half the time. There was a time having multiple toons in the game meant you accomplished something. Showing off your legacy toon emotes is now going to be a complete joke since EVERYONE is going to have them for every character. The one's who are providing negative feedback to the OP are the the one's too lazy to have ever leveled a toon to lvl 55 and would have been content to replay their 2 or 3 mains for the remainder of their tour in the game. Bio needs to do something for those of us who actually spent the time to play this game.

I was a little upset when SW:TOR introduced experience boosts and double experience weekends, this frustration grew to anger when they extended double experience weekends into a full blown week. Now I am completely outraged, who else remembers leveling up without sprint, without legacy experience bonuses, without experiences boost? They've taken all our hard work and said meh, anyone joining now can just download the game free and be 55 in a day. /unsubbed /uninstall .

Please, I was there at the beginning and now I'm leveling even more characters. I for one don't want to complete the planet and side quests again after doing them 7 times. Yikes. Thank goodness for the Xp boost.

{voice=Peter Griffin} There it is! Slap in the Face! {/voice}

I love this drinking game. *drinks a shot*

you'll be dead in a day...maybe every 5th "slap in the face"

Edit: Have we gotten Kick in the nuts"? Until we get that, it isn't a "spit in the eye"....

Edited by DOHboy