Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

After seeing this --

10924 reason that I am so glad this is not WoW nor was it meant to be.

Respecing from DPS to healer or Tank to DPSn is one thing... can be done now.

I was worried that the Op wanted to completely be able to change everything.

If that is the case I just want to be Darth Malgus and call it good k thx.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does it harm you?

It harms them because people that want dual specs will eventually start taking up their group spot. They worked hard at playing a healer/tank class and had to endure all the less then stellar levels with said spec. But the " I want it now" crowd can by pass all the problems of a tank like trying to pvp as one or slow leveling to be rewarded later on with a group slot as one. That makes this a very selfish request.

And for Carnax Fett making a post about Dual-Specs is certain, I remember a post by Stephen Reid near the end of beta saying that Dual-Spec MAY be in. He understood their are equally as many people against it and they(Bioware) weren't certain if they wanted to go down that path.

You could level 1-80 as a Restoration Shaman in WotLK in WoW. It was, in fact, quite easy. It was also boring, required no pre-planning, no fight control, and had essentially no risk.

Very few people did it.

You mean after they made it not so horrible for tanks or healers to kill quest mobs at a half decent pace? If you played in vanilla, leveling a priest, paladin, druid or shaman SUCKED.

Dual spec is all about convenience. Enjoy spamming @ fleet /1 LF2M healer/tank for XXXXXX. I sure as hell won't be willing to shell out 50k in respec fees to go heal your PUG.

Why not? Say If I wanted to be a Juggernaut tank in raids, and a Jedi Shadow for PVP, why can't I just switch with the click of a button? Could also help in raids as I'd be able to switch depending on what role is needed in the raid (cause sometimes a Shadow is better than Juggernaut for the raid). I know that it is not in the game at the moment but maybe they will change their mind.

Really this is the same thing as having Dual Spec. I don't want to have to level up to 50 2 times. I have a family and work full time. I should be able to enjoy my time the way I want to, not be limited to the choices that I made.

You just made the point of why games are what they are.

You chose a path.. you took the path... you made the toon ... no reason you should not stick to it somewhat.

If you do not want to level 2 times... NOW being limited to the choices you made.. IS EXACTLY why you should be limited.

People have this backwards... it's kinda funny.

** TELL YA WHAT... I dont want to level to 50 at all, I want that for free also I want to be Darth Malgus because I have two kids, work all the time and I should be able to ENJOY THE WAY I WANT TO (NOT THE WAY THE GAME WAS MADE BECAUSE I WANT THAT CHANGED).... or not be limited to the choices I made.

See what I did there?

Why stop at your respec change? I want it all if you want that...

Disagree, for every player than can fulfill two roles, you need to worry about knowing one less <role>. For example, if I can Tank/DPS and you can Heal/DPS, we never need to develop a community and positive relations with Tanks/HEalers/DPS because we can cover everything our self. We can just yell for "2 more, we don't care who you are".

And this is bad how, aside from making beautiful snowflakes feel less special?

It worked spectacularly in Rift. In fact, one class could fill 4 roles (R DPS, M DPS, Tank, Healer), one could fill 3.5 (R DPS, M DPS, Tank, backup heals/buffs) and the other two could fill two (M DPS/tank and R DPS/heals)

Very, very rarely did we go any length of time looking for groups unless it was one of those off-hours when the pop was abysmally low

I am not understanding it because I still have the logic like a smart person, "if you want something fixed, do it yourself" If you are finding there are a lack of healer/tanks to play with, make one.

Congratulations, you just made the best argument for putting dual specs in the game there is.

1. So people who dual-spec can solo flashpoints (at-level)? Or do people have to group and socialize regardless? Can't be both, so pick one

2. I actually want dual-spec so I CAN heal in warzones if I see we need it since, you know, I hate healing and am not planning to roll a full-blown healer as the system stands now

So, yeah

If you don't want to level as a healer, don't come crying on here seeing as that is your own fault. I am leveling a healer and doing just fine. Also, taking this quote that you wrote once a few pages ago;

To add to this, it also took more time to level outside of dungeons because less DPS = longer fights

I'm not arguing, just backing you up

It is not Biowares fault that you simply want to speed though the content and hit level 50 ASAP. Not all people want to top DPS charts just to kill things faster and move on while questing. Also, seeing as you gain EXP inside Warzone, why don't you just stay heals and do Warzones?

It harms them because people that want dual specs will eventually start taking up their group spot. They worked hard at playing a healer/tank class and had to endure all the less then stellar levels with said spec. But the " I want it now" crowd can by pass all the problems of a tank like trying to pvp as one or slow leveling to be rewarded later on with a group slot as one. That makes this a very selfish request.

Oh knock it off. You can level just fine in SWTOR as a tank or healer.

This is false. I will be leveling to 50 as a dps or pvp spec on every character unless they put in dual speccing, and I will almost always play healers at 50. I will most assuredly take the spot of the person who "worked hard" and "endured the less than stellar levels" because I can pay a very small amount of credits to respec once or twice over my leveling period and end up in the same position they are in, only faster and more enjoyably.

And this is bad how, aside from making beautiful snowflakes feel less special?

It worked spectacularly in Rift. In fact, one class could fill 4 roles (R DPS, M DPS, Tank, Healer), one could fill 3.5 (R DPS, M DPS, Tank, backup heals/buffs) and the other two could fill two (M DPS/tank and R DPS/heals)

Very, very rarely did we go any length of time looking for groups unless it was one of those off-hours when the pop was abysmally low

THEN WHY MAKE CLASSES AT ALL AND JUST MAKE US ONE BIG JELLO MOLD?

See the whole point of this is fleeting... I cannot even believe this is happening... it's like the NGE nightmare all over....

As if a bunch of people want the easy mode... the quick fix to running things.. the easy way to do anything, screw the community and needing people or a class to do anything..

EVERY CLASS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO IT ALL RIGHT???

I swear I cannot believe this is even a topic.. for all 4% of the playerbase right now/

It harms them because people that want dual specs will eventually start taking up their group spot. They worked hard at playing a healer/tank class and had to endure all the less then stellar levels with said spec. But the " I want it now" crowd can by pass all the problems of a tank like trying to pvp as one or slow leveling to be rewarded later on with a group slot as one. That makes this a very selfish request

Funny, I figured that with the lack of xserver LFG the good players would get taken over the unknown players because they are, well, good at their jobs

You know... community?

I'd rather the option of taking a DPS that can swap to heal, someone I know and someone I know is competent over taking a healer I have never heard of (or worse, heard bad things about) because said DPS can't swap specs without taking 15 mins reconfiguring everything

But that's just be, you know, being logical

See the whole point of this is fleeting... I cannot even believe this is happening... it's like the NGE nightmare all over....

As if a bunch of people want the easy mode... the quick fix to running things.. the easy way to do anything, screw the community and needing people or a class to do anything..

I swear I cannot believe this is even a topic.. for all 4% of the playerbase right now/

Ops can heal or dps by design. Get mad at BW over that, not at the people who want to be able to heal or dps with the press of a button as opposed to the press of 30 buttons for exactly the same effect.

You're being irrational. Dual speccing doesn't allow SWTOR characters to "do it all". It merely allows you to conveniently switch between two talent specs without having to go back to the trainer.

Funny, I figured that with the lack of xserver LFG the good players would get taken over the unknown players because they are, well, good at their jobs

You know... community?

I'd rather the option of taking a DPS that can swap to heal, someone I know and someone I know is competent over taking a healer I have never heard of (or worse, heard bad things about) because said DPS can't swap specs without taking 15 mins reconfiguring everything

But that's just be, you know, being logical

And the flip of that coin then does this:

The people that need to learn and become better cannot because they are now sadly shelled into a corner or manifest into even worse groups.

So while you want to promote the super user community, the lesser becomes worse. This is how WoW went down.

Being forced to talk or try to take someone at least builds on attempts at a working community... not making it a exclusive locked out one.

Being in a very high end game raiding group in WoW showed me this... while sure it was fun it was very NON- community building if your trying to say it is thats funny.

1. I was listing a situation where they essentially did just that and it worked well

2. Dual-speccing allows 2 roles in one AC, not even close to a 'one big Jell-O mold' situation

3. Taking a topic that has limited scope and blowing it out of proportion immediately invalidates your argument

They did not.

Actually they did. Like I said, it was many years ago. Pretty much back when they first announced the game and for the whole time, up until earlier this year. Think it was even minorly mentioned at E-3 as something they were still trying to tweak to be able to work in the game.

Edited by Kemosobe

And the flip of that coin then does this:

The people that need to learn and become better cannot because they are now sadly shelled into a corner or manifest into even worse groups

Or those people can do the same thing I did 11 years ago: ask for help from those that know what to do

I personally have trained several tanks over the years. They didn't enjoy it, but I guarantee you they never had a single rational complaint about their competency

You're being irrational. Dual speccing doesn't allow SWTOR characters to "do it all". It merely allows you to conveniently switch between two talent specs without having to go back to the trainer.

No -- see this is not about that, SOME are posting here meaning they want to change their entire AC spec -

I do understand the dps to healing or dps to tanking change... etc..

But not the complete flip -- thats even worse.

I mean , sure being able to go to the trainer pay to respec LIKE OLD SCHOOL is not end all game breaking.

In fact it is nothing in the grand scheme of it all.