Want to play pub solos? PoT5 is the place to be:)!!!

CyrusConnor

Okay, so here are the awesome selling points for you pubs looking for some good solo pops. PoT5 has pubs who want to que solos, enough even that we can que and fight each other pretty much during all of the east coast prime time. Currently we have scared off pretty much most imp competition. Reasons are slightly understandable, but not relevant. Point is now, PoT5 should be a haven for pubs looking for solos. So if you want to play during east coast prime times, or close to them, and you want to play pub side come to PoT5:) Imps you can come back too, but I know you won't cause you don't want to fight the only pubs queing lol. So literally there are no negatives for pubs coming to pot5 who want to que solos with an east coast time zone preference.

PoT5 summary:

• There are about 10 pubs in the same guild that queue Solo ranked consistently
  • There are only about 30 pubs on the entire server that queue solo ranked consistently
  • Because of this, naturally, many of the same guilds get on the same team together when facing Imps
  • Many imps have left PoT5 because they think this is some sort of conspiracy. It's not. The SoloQ pub population is tiny on PoT5, what do you expect. Obviously, guilds will end up grouped when there's only a handful of Pubs queuing.
  • There are many Pub vs Pub games which is a toss-up on win/loss. Those aren't bad since it's pub vs pub.
  • Basically, if you're a Pub and want to FACE other pubs, PoT5 is for you. You'll also sometimes, but rarely, face an imp team.

Edited by revcrisis

Okay, so here are the awesome selling points for you pubs looking for some good solo pops. PoT5 has pubs who want to que solos, enough even that we can que and fight each other pretty much during all of the east coast prime time. Currently we have scared off pretty much most imp competition. Reasons are slightly understandable, but not relevant. Point is now, PoT5 should be a haven for pubs looking for solos. So if you want to play during east coast prime times, or close to them, and you want to play pub side come to PoT5:) Imps you can come back too, but I know you won't cause you don't want to fight the only pubs queing lol. So literally there are no negatives for pubs coming to pot5 who want to que solos with an east coast time zone preference.

Imps weren't scared off. They were pissed off dealing with said pub guild exploiting the queue system. Knowing full well that the pop is small, they all run hybrids knowing that they will, most of the time, get on the same team. Also most nights that guild seems to always have 10-16+ people on, but a certain imp guild has to beg them to queue team ranked, and only one group will ever run, even though said guild can easily form 4 teams on most nights.

So ya, its pretty much that guilds fault that solo queue on pot5 is mostly dead now.

Having a plethora of both faction toons, I have to say I am surprised how fast rateds died this season. Its truely a mark that even solos should be deleted. I haven't gotten a rated queue pop in solos in over 2 days now. I'm not even sure a SINGLE team even does team rateds anymore.

The entire state of the game is dead at the moment for pvp. It's really something this season....

Imps weren't scared off. They were pissed off dealing with said pub guild exploiting the queue system. Knowing full well that the pop is small, they all run hybrids knowing that they will, most of the time, get on the same team. Also most nights that guild seems to always have 10-16+ people on, but a certain imp guild has to beg them to queue team ranked, and only one group will ever run, even though said guild can easily form 4 teams on most nights.

So ya, its pretty much that guilds fault that solo queue on pot5 is mostly dead now.

Plenty of imps ran hybrids cry more

We only have one viable 4's tank and

1 healer if they aren't on we can't 4's . Stop crying that we have RL stuff that takes precedence over playing 4'a , we play when we can

Plenty of imps ran hybrids cry more

We only have one viable 4's tank and

1 healer if they aren't on we can't 4's . Stop crying that we have RL stuff that takes precedence over playing 4'a , we play when we can

Out of 10-16 people that are supposedly online all the time, you only managed to get 1 competent healer and 1 competent tank in the entire guild?

Out of 10-16 people that are supposedly online all the time, you only managed to get 1 competent healer and 1 competent tank in the entire guild?

Well we merged with a pve guild so yes usually at least half that are online are not pvpers let alone 4's worthy

You can set up a bogus healer and que a hybrid healer with a high rating. This will preserve your premade and allow you to farm any pubs who transfer to pot5. System will match the highest rated dps with the highest rated heals. Just saying.

Having a plethora of both faction toons, I have to say I am surprised how fast rateds died this season. Its truely a mark that even solos should be deleted. I haven't gotten a rated queue pop in solos in over 2 days now. I'm not even sure a SINGLE team even does team rateds anymore.

The entire state of the game is dead at the moment for pvp. It's really something this season....

We q'd last night but it was late (10:30 ET) and no 4s pops. I know Hakuna Matata also still q's and if we can get our 4th to play (he has lost interest due to lack of population) on Saturday, then we'll q again then. We hope to get back to q'ing at least 2x a week when RL allows.

Could be depending who's on when , I guess we weren't made aware we had to ask permission from you to queue

Point was you could easily have multiple teams queuing, but most of you all rather solo queue in ranked and get easy wins for a meaningless rating.

Point was you could easily have multiple teams queuing, but most of you all rather solo queue in ranked and get easy wins for a meaningless rating.

Yeah cuz queueing with people that don't normally play tanks or healers would go over really well in 4's , cmon man

Yeah cuz queueing with people that don't normally play tanks or healers would go over really well in 4's , cmon man

And for the record we queued with 2 different people as tanks the other night , one shadow one VG, both normally dps and it showed , not to mention the class discrepancy for tanks

Edited by MasaaCypher

So what? I haven't tanked since 8v8 ranked pre 2.0, but I still geared out my jugg in tank gear and queued as a tank with a thrown together team. Its all about building the team ranked community and getting more people to play, but again you all rather smash solos. I don't know how anyone in that guild can stomach seeing that many players online and just solo queue all night and still call themselves pvpers.

Edited by Raansu

So what? I haven't tanked since 8v8 ranked pre 2.0, but I still geared out my jugg in tank gear and queued as a tank with a thrown together team. Its all about building the team ranked community and getting more people to play, but again you all rather smash solos. I don't know how anyone in that guild can stomach seeing that many players online and just solo queue all night and still call themselves pvpers.

Readings hard bro

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh I had a good laugh there. You got me, Raansu. I thought you were serious until I read the green part.

Nobody cared about fostering the ranked community when they were too afraid to try new setups in 8v8. No, they found the optimal classes with the optimal faceroll specs and went in to matches to try and not lose. It was never fun that way. Very stale and vanilla. Everybody was running essentially the same setup. If a group DID try to do something new, they were not met with welcoming gestures. Instead, they were spat upon and ultimately demoralized to the point that they took their 8man and superqueued regs.

Not all of this is the fault of the ranked community, though a very large portion is (you'd all deny it but it's true). Bioware didn't properly support it and it faded out quickly.

I don't see the difference with Arenas. Same ol' snobby attitudes (REGS DON'T MATTER MUAHAHAHA) that keep a large portion of players away from it. It certainly doesn't help that Arenas aren't very enjoyable (You can TDM in any warzone and do something else at the same time).

Maybe this signals a change in the mentality of those ZOMGRANKEDISALLTHATMATTERSINLIFENUSUKATIT players, maybe it doesn't.

I don't know why I'm ranting......

U guys ran ransu off the server looks like. I enter my hat in solo q every night and haven't been getting pops lately. Most of the time dps vs dps fights is not a fun experience for most. I haven't seen a lot of fully geared players log on in awhile. Server is dying.

Talking **** when no one is around is kinda bad

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh I had a good laugh there. You got me, Raansu. I thought you were serious until I read the green part.

Nobody cared about fostering the ranked community when they were too afraid to try new setups in 8v8. No, they found the optimal classes with the optimal faceroll specs and went in to matches to try and not lose. It was never fun that way. Very stale and vanilla. Everybody was running essentially the same setup. If a group DID try to do something new, they were not met with welcoming gestures. Instead, they were spat upon and ultimately demoralized to the point that they took their 8man and superqueued regs.

Not all of this is the fault of the ranked community, though a very large portion is (you'd all deny it but it's true). Bioware didn't properly support it and it faded out quickly.

I don't see the difference with Arenas. Same ol' snobby attitudes (REGS DON'T MATTER MUAHAHAHA) that keep a large portion of players away from it. It certainly doesn't help that Arenas aren't very enjoyable (You can TDM in any warzone and do something else at the same time).

Maybe this signals a change in the mentality of those ZOMGRANKEDISALLTHATMATTERSINLIFENUSUKATIT players, maybe it doesn't.

I don't know why I'm ranting......

No, sadly you're right and Luis' guild is a testament to that. I've tried multiple times to get people to queue ranked (even gearing out my jugg as a tank to fill a tank spot) but people just are not interested in learning. You get a group and usually one or 2 people in the group stop after 2 or 3 games.

U guys ran ransu off the server looks like. I enter my hat in solo q every night and haven't been getting pops lately. Most of the time dps vs dps fights is not a fun experience for most. I haven't seen a lot of fully geared players log on in awhile. Server is dying.

Talking **** when no one is around is kinda bad

Nah my toons are still there. I just unsubbed the other day (I'm surprised I can still post as I have 0 days remaining lol). Don't really see the point in playing anymore. Why bother constantly regearing toons when its a nightmare just to get people to queue ranked? I love swtor and I like the 8v8 warzones, but regstarring it up just gets old real quick and just has zero meaning to it. I want to do ranked but its difficult to get anyone interested in it.

Part of it is the communities fault and part of it is BW's fault. I get it, no one wants to sit there and lose to the top team over and over again while also waiting 30+ minutes for a pop, so that falls onto BW for not providing cross server. The communities fault is players not wanting to improve. Ya it sucks losing, but you have to lose to eventually win and get better. People just want to queue and lolderp.

You gotta build synergy with a team but this game is just too casual for people to want to put in that effort. Then yes there is also people who just dont like arenas which is also understandable, so again that falls back onto BW for doing what they did to this game and to kill an already small community.

Edited by Raansu

It's just PoT5. Harbinger gets great solo pops except for Monday/Tuesdays. Every other day the pops are extremely fast during primetime. There were also a total of 6 teams in 4s queue last night and would have been 7 if I was able to convince the only good tank I know to transfer over. Unfortunately he seems a bit to attached to PoT5 and his current stronghold :rolleyes:

@Raansuu I'm desperate to find a Jugg Tank if you ever end up on the harbinger feel free to whisper/mail Heal'tofull. We NEED a tank BAD.

It's just PoT5. Harbinger gets great solo pops except for Monday/Tuesdays. Every other day the pops are extremely fast during primetime. There were also a total of 6 teams in 4s queue last night and would have been 7 if I was able to convince the only good tank I know to transfer over. Unfortunately he seems a bit to attached to PoT5 and his current stronghold :rolleyes:

@Raansuu I'm desperate to find a Jugg Tank if you ever end up on the harbinger feel free to whisper/mail Heal'tofull. We NEED a tank BAD.

The best part about Harbinger is that ALL THE TIME IS PRIMETIME.

You have east coast players early, west coast a little later, APAC through the night. It's glorious.