Want to play pub solos? PoT5 is the place to be:)!!!

CyrusConnor

No, sadly you're right and Luis' guild is a testament to that. I've tried multiple times to get people to queue ranked (even gearing out my jugg as a tank to fill a tank spot) but people just are not interested in learning. You get a group and usually one or 2 people in the group stop after 2 or 3 games.

Nah my toons are still there. I just unsubbed the other day (I'm surprised I can still post as I have 0 days remaining lol). Don't really see the point in playing anymore. Why bother constantly regearing toons when its a nightmare just to get people to queue ranked? I love swtor and I like the 8v8 warzones, but regstarring it up just gets old real quick and just has zero meaning to it. I want to do ranked but its difficult to get anyone interested in it.

Part of it is the communities fault and part of it is BW's fault. I get it, no one wants to sit there and lose to the top team over and over again while also waiting 30+ minutes for a pop, so that falls onto BW for not providing cross server. The communities fault is players not wanting to improve. Ya it sucks losing, but you have to lose to eventually win and get better. People just want to queue and lolderp.

You gotta build synergy with a team but this game is just too casual for people to want to put in that effort. Then yes there is also people who just dont like arenas which is also understandable, so again that falls back onto BW for doing what they did to this game and to kill an already small community.

Also, the balancing in this game isn't highly conducive to building a community like that. It's been a DPS race for a long time now, and with TTK/CC/HP being out of ratio it's not as if it's a simple fix.

As much as players claim to have wanted Ranked to work, they didn't. I get it.. Smash was a high damage spec. Vigilance was no slouch though, and neither was Combat but teams would have rather taken the 3 button easymode specs and it really narrowed down the kind of players that were interested in playing with a team. If you hated playing smash more than you enjoyed playing with a team it was a no brainer: Don't play with a team.

Not many teams were willing to see what they could do with other specs. Players that didn't understand how to play them properly branded them as weak and other players followed like sheep. There was no variety, no true competition even when Ranked was at it's most popular. The entire community was waiting for the next FOTM to drop so they could swap to that.

That's not competitive at all, that's lazy.

While I may be specifically referring to Warzones, the same holds true for Arenas.

Laziness sqaushed the competitive scene here a long time ago; Laziness by the developers, laziness by the players.

Apathy continues to hold it down; Apathy from the developers, apathy from the players.

Edited by maverickmatt

It's just PoT5. Harbinger gets great solo pops except for Monday/Tuesdays. Every other day the pops are extremely fast during primetime. There were also a total of 6 teams in 4s queue last night and would have been 7 if I was able to convince the only good tank I know to transfer over. Unfortunately he seems a bit to attached to PoT5 and his current stronghold :rolleyes:

@Raansuu I'm desperate to find a Jugg Tank if you ever end up on the harbinger feel free to whisper/mail Heal'tofull. We NEED a tank BAD.

Well I was 1 to really 2 players short of forming a rated team this season on Pot5, but I have 13x 55's and working on an Operative healer for once...I may consider transferring a toon BACK :rolleyes: to harbinger if there are really that many teams going at it. I play every class and can fill every role (except sniper/slinger). Though my main rated experience was a Shadow/Sin and Guardian/Jug tank for 8v8 rateds and S1 and S2 team rateds forever. Kinda wanted to finally break out my commando/merc heals this season but the game died hahaha.

I might have to go back there and check it out.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Having a plethora of both faction toons, I have to say I am surprised how fast rateds died this season. Its truely a mark that even solos should be deleted. I haven't gotten a rated queue pop in solos in over 2 days now. I'm not even sure a SINGLE team even does team rateds anymore.

The entire state of the game is dead at the moment for pvp. It's really something this season....

I was Q'ing with some Guildies (about 3 of us) last week (Thursday), won one...but then we lost one & couldn't get another pop after that.

Agreed, Bastion is amazing for SoloQ. Played about 25 games last night. Didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a pop. Harbinger's SoloQ is just not that active. Their Group Ranked 4s are the most populous in the game though. But if you're strictly a SoloQ player, i would highly recommend Bastion. Edited by revcrisis

Pot5 is terrible....harbinger for 4v4's/regs, bastion only for yolo....

This is most accurate, imo.

Agreed, Bastion is amazing for SoloQ. Played about 25 games last night. Didn't wait more than 5 minutes for a pop. Harbinger's SoloQ is just not that active. Their Group Ranked 4s are the most populous in the game though. But if you're strictly a SoloQ player, i would highly recommend Bastion.

Yep, just adding my agreement again.

Edited by Xeraz