3.0 information today?? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thmsleon

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what he meant. Part of the quality of an expansion is what new content it brings. If they can't say they're confident enough to talk about what is coming in an expansion that is supposed to be only 2.5-3 months away, then what all do you really expect to get in the expansion.

I don't know about you, but I'd be surprised if they have time to add even one new WZ, one new FP, one new OP, and get the class changes right and somewhat balanced (at least better than 2.0) and make sure there's no extraordinary bugs. Even if they delivered those 4 things right there, that's still quite amazingly inferior to the amount of content added with 2.0 considering the size and playtime of Makeb. Yet they claim it will be of a similar size to RotHC.

All I'm saying is it doesn't sound to me like this expansion has the chance to be anything that they claim its supposed to be.

I'll hold my view until PTS, but if it is as dire as you're thinking it might be, then I guess I won't be making forum posts or using my security key when the time comes for 3.0

This is what I love about these forums. An announcement gets delayed and all of sudden, you have two dozen people running in circles, gnashing their teeth and rending their sackcloth and proclaiming that the next expansion is DOOMED.

Your efforts to ridicule any and all criticism get more conspicuous with each post you make.

I personally think this is awesome.

Hilarious, even.

I honestly hope (not even trolling here) that they keep "delaying" the announcement, and telling us nothing. And then BAM! You go to log in one day in a few months, only to see that the game is downloading 3.0.

My reason for hoping they tell us nothing is not because I don't want to know, but because these posts about demanding information, or crying because they delayed the announcement are hilarious.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that finds the whining posts of utter torment over a game announcement delay completely hilarious! I play this game with almost every free moment I have. been a subscriber for most of the game's existence and yet I still have the patience and understanding that sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to. Time to grow up boys and girls!

I would caution not to read too deep into what I said above. It is somewhere in the cog of those moving parts that this delay happened, but ultimately our goal remains the same: to get you as many details about this expansion as soon as we can!

-eric

There's also outside context, meaning blockbuster Holiday gaming titles that start to roll out next month and which will dominate the news till Christmas, so let's hope this announcement really comes soon, otherwise it will get overshadowed heavily and little chance to grab new players/old subs Edited by Pietrastor

Your efforts to ridicule any and all criticism get more conspicuous with each post you make.

Constructive, rational criticism will always get plenty of respect from me.

Raging about a 'delay' in an announcement is in no way constructive or rational and I will gleefully give it all the respect it deserves.

Crafters complaining about a lack of relevance before the GSH patch? Rational and appropriate.

PVPers complaining about a lack of quality rewards for Ranked play before the Rancor mount? Very appropriate and reasonable complaining.

This? This stuff is ridiculous and a prime example of why BW doesn't release info that might change. Because people will lose their minds over a delay of an announcement. Just imagine how insane they'd get over relevant information being changed after being released.

I wonder what's the real reason of the delay. Is it

to add something really nice for subscribers.

or they

just want to make sure all of the information is correct

?

Still unacceptable. Very disappointed in Eric Musco and Bruce Maclean.

Musco is just a Community Manager, he doesn't make any decisions concerning this game.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Constructive, rational criticism will always get plenty of respect from me.

Raging about a 'delay' in an announcement is in no way constructive or rational and I will gleefully give it all the respect it deserves.

Crafters complaining about a lack of relevance before the GSH patch? Rational and appropriate.

PVPers complaining about a lack of quality rewards for Ranked play before the Rancor mount? Very appropriate and reasonable complaining.

This? This stuff is ridiculous and a prime example of why BW doesn't release info that might change. Because people will lose their minds over a delay of an announcement. Just imagine how insane they'd get over relevant information being changed after being released.

nice loop hole you made for yourself there, when those of us who have experience with you know that you view any and all criticism as irrational.

frankly it only makes sense if it's a minor thing or 2 (i refuse to believe the the expansion is crap and everyone will unsub from just the announcement bullcrap.) which makes it all the more annoying that they won't just announce what they are sure of and are instead trying to say that a perfect latter announcement is better than an imperfect current one which is a load of bull as far as i am concerned. though really it's fine this isn't worth getting mad about and once it is released i'll be happy so i'll just do something else for a few weeks and check back up on it later. oh who am i kidding i'll be check each and every day hoping that they will have released it if not every hour.

This is what I love about these forums. An announcement gets delayed and all of sudden, you have two dozen people running in circles, gnashing their teeth and rending their sackcloth and proclaiming that the next expansion is DOOMED.

It is not doomed: however this is a major setback to its prospects. They are not able to tell us what the new level cap is. They are not able to tell us how many new operations there will be. They are not able to tell us how many new warzones there will be. They are not able to tell us how many planets are in the single player section of the expansion.

The expansion is supposed to be released this year. There are 3 months and 1 day left of this year as I write this post. Of that time period one sixth or so is already removed by their announcement postponement. In addition Christmas takes another week away, meaning that is 3 weeks not available: pretty much one quarter of the time remaining in the year is therefore gone which leaves 9 weeks or so. During that 9 weeks there would have to be any public playtesting, a pre-order period and all the marketing hype. Since the PTS is typically shut down a week or so before any release of a normal patch that reduces the period available for public testing to 8 weeks at maximum.

So tell me how likely it is that a major expansion is going to get sorted out in that time and generate sufficient interest and hype to be a commercial success?

Edited by davidp_newton

It is not doomed: however this is a major setback to its prospects. They are not able to tell us what the new level cap is. They are not able to tell us how many new operations there will be. They are not able to tell us how many new warzones there will be. They are not able to tell us how many planets are in the single player section of the expansion.

The expansion is supposed to be released this year. There are 3 months and 1 day left of this year as I write this post. Of that time period one sixth or so is already removed by their announcement postponement. In addition Christmas takes another week away, meaning that is 3 weeks not available: pretty much one quarter of the time remaining in the year is therefore gone which leaves 9 weeks or so. During that 9 weeks there would have to be any public playtesting, a pre-order period and all the marketing hype. Since the PTS is typically shut down a week or so before any release of a normal patch that reduces the period available for public testing to 8 weeks at maximum.

So tell me how likely it is that a major expansion is going to get sorted out in that time and generate sufficient interest and hype to be a commercial success?

My thoughts exactly.

And by tomorrow, a full year will have gone by without a single new operation, this of course in addition to over a full year without new flashpoints, outside the tactical ones.

Good days indeed. :rolleyes:

Dunno about PvP; Not my field of expertise.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Not to mention all the NEW big games coming out soon which will dominate the news, including Bioware's own Dragon Age Inquisition. Time to make announcemenets is now, otherwise they risk it simply being lost among all other news in gaming sphere. Heck, do they remember WOW expansion is coming in SIX weeks???

Edited by Pietrastor

They're quite capable of releasing most of the stuff you 'want' to see now, but they're not going to until they're certain and it's at the right time. The insanity of these threads is all the reason you need for why they won't release too soon.

Freaking out over a change in schedule for an announcement and people are braying for blood. So, why on earth would they open themselves up to rage exponentially more over the top by releasing info too soon and having to change it before it launches later this year?

If people want to blame someone for not getting info sooner, they can start by looking in the mirror.

And by tomorrow, a full year will have gone by without a single new operation, this of course in addition to over a full year without new flashpoints, outside the tactical ones.

Good days indeed. :rolleyes:

Dunno about PvP; Not my field of expertise.

I have bad new for you. It was pretty much confirmed on stream last Friday that all new storymode flashpoints will be tactical. Hardmodes will be in the old Tank/Heals/DPs/DPS setup.

I have bad new for you. It was pretty much confirmed on stream last Friday that all new storymode flashpoints will be tactical. Hardmodes will be in the old Tank/Heals/DPs/DPS setup.

As if I didn't knew that already. :rolleyes:

Always an excuse to tout old content as new content, by just adding a new difficulty setting.

They're quite capable of releasing most of the stuff you 'want' to see now, but they're not going to until they're certain and it's at the right time. The insanity of these threads is all the reason you need for why they won't release too soon.

Freaking out over a change in schedule for an announcement and people are braying for blood. So, why on earth would they open themselves up to rage exponentially more over the top by releasing info too soon and having to change it before it launches later this year?

If people want to blame someone for not getting info sooner, they can start by looking in the mirror.

If they're quite capable of releasing some bare bones information then THEY SHOULD DO IT. What will the new level cap be? How many operations will there be? How many warzones will there be? How many flashpoints/hard modes of older flashpoints will there be? How many planets will there be in the single player storyline? Those are basic questions, the answers to which would more than satisfy a great many of the posters in this thread and also reduce the bad PR that this has caused.

Detailed information can wait as it can, legitimately, change between now and release. Basic information such as enumerated in answers the questions posed above should be set in stone now. If it is set in stone now then it can and should be released. As I said earlier in the thread if it is not set in stone then the expansion is in serious trouble and we will almost certainly not get it in 2014.

The combination of the bad PR that this Soon™ foul-up and the serious doubts that are now being entertained about this expansion by posters in this thread need a response. Merely saying that they are sorry it has happened and that internal processes mean it happened will not defuse the situation. Look at the bad blood that the Heal to Full answers caused in the sorceror/sage community as an example of the sort of damage that could be done, and likely has been done already. This does not only affect one advanced class on each faction, but the whole game.

At least that allows people to see the story; and at least on my server, there's something of a gentlemen's agreement that you don't scream "**** SPAVEBARR NUBS" in the tacticals, because story.

If they're quite capable of releasing some bare bones information then THEY SHOULD DO IT.

The combination of the bad PR that this Soon™ foul-up and the serious doubts that are now being entertained about this expansion by posters in this thread need a response. Merely saying that they are sorry it has happened and that internal processes mean it happened will not defuse the situation. Look at the bad blood that the Heal to Full answers caused in the sorceror/sage community as an example of the sort of damage that could be done, and likely has been done already. This does not only affect one advanced class on each faction, but the whole game.

Basically this!

If they're quite capable of releasing some bare bones information then THEY SHOULD DO IT. What will the new level cap be? How many operations will there be? How many warzones will there be? How many flashpoints/hard modes of older flashpoints will there be? How many planets will there be in the single player storyline? Those are basic questions, the answers to which would more than satisfy a great many of the posters in this thread and also reduce the bad PR that this has caused.

Detailed information can wait as it can, legitimately, change between now and release. Basic information such as enumerated in answers the questions posed above should be set in stone now. If it is set in stone now then it can and should be released. As I said earlier in the thread if it is not set in stone then the expansion is in serious trouble and we will almost certainly not get it in 2014.

lol no. No, running in circles and wailing about the end of the game is not going to provoke the dev into releasing info before they're ready to release it.

Come to terms with that reality.

And by tomorrow, a full year will have gone by without a single new operation

10 bosses in one year... do you think we will get a celebration day? A cake? Noooo it's a lieee!!!

---

Oh and for infermixx... is just incredible that they are not 100% sure of what is going out... simply incredible for me.

Edited by Elminster_cs