39 after Hoth? Where to now?

Mirriwah

Hoth on the star map marks it as a 37-41 planet, but after going and doing every single non-heroic quest I could get my hands on at a ripe 37 3/4ths, I am now done with the planet and am sitting at 39 3/4ths. My next class mission is marked as level 41. Did I miss a whole bunch of quests on Hoth? I went to every base I had taxi paths for, none of them offered any more quests to go do...I'm not sure where to go from here.

I had heard from somewhere that there was a bonus mission track that opened up on one of the previous planets around this level that's level-appropriate for getting from 39ish to 41ish, is there any truth to that?

[X-posted from the New Players forum]

I VERY barely just completed the level 41 class mission I got. It was rough, but I did it. I got a few more missions now but I don't see them getting me the rest of the way to 40, and they are also listed as being level 41...no telling what these quests hold. Are there any ideas as to where I could manage to bump myself up to speed?

tatooine is a 24-28 planet. I got there HALFWAY through 24, and i did alot of PVP - You'd think i'd of been more then enough to levle through quests?

false. I had to do a heroic, some space missions, and a companion mission.

Some of the planets just dont have enough side quests.

I don't very much like doing PVP because apparently Bioware doesn't know how to write very good netcode. Even though my ping is just fine I get 2 to 3 seconds of "server lag" between actions in Warzones. Alderaan is especially bad, almost to the point of being unplayable, at the very least unenjoyable.

It doesn't seem right to make people have to pvp to attain levels...what about the people who want to just PVE or solo their way to 50?

Did you skip Quesh? It is only good for a couple levels... I think 36-39.

I hate doing heroics and only sporadically do flashpoints. But i leveled up to 48 basically solo and a few duoing days with friends in beta. You can solo up to 50 on your own. But you have to do every single quest, or you will get stuck being too low level for the next place on your map.

Edited by Appletaz

There's always space missions, buying gifts for your companions (talking to them gives really good xp for very little work) or running flashpoints. If none of those three appeal to you, your only other choice is PvP. If that doesn't appeal to you, have fun grinding.

don't stress about it. move to the next planet, and see how well you do. if you can still handle it, keep on trucking, but hit the next series of bonus quests that you come across for an extra kick.

if you can't handle it, backtrack, space, and pvp

as empire i had to skip all of nar shaddaa and only did a few quests in tattooine before deciding to go to alderaan, all the quests in tattooine were green when i got there and i was lvl 30 upon deciding to go to alderaan, which is 28+ i believe.

Since I had to skip two whole zones, and i dont pvp actively, or do space battles, and ive only run each flashpoints once, i think leveling is way too fast because ive already skipped two zones entirely.

It was because i did every little quest in Hutta and Dromund Kaas and was level 19 before i finished those, so once you get ahead at a low level it seems you stay ahead.

• 3 months later...

i had this same problem with hot. im lvl 39 and about 1.5-2 bars from 40. it sucks the least bioware could have done is made sure enough quests on the planet to get that lvl. on emp side 6 quests it first zone. 5-6-7 in second zone 4 in 3 and bout 3-4 in final zone excludunig heroics. which is only 4-5 of them i fail to see 4 lvls ever being got from that at start of lvl 37.

as for quesh,, that planet is small and only gets u 36-37. alderaan bonus is up next if ur lacking as is space missions/pvp/flashpoints. it sucks but bioware seem to have designed planets for anyone but solo lvlers who like to solo there way to 50 then group up hehe.

work with wot u got and find some ways around the problem, or simply go to belsalvis and try ur luck should still be enough content tho to get u to 50

you get a quest on the fleet to go to alderaan, but I think I actually started it by going to alderaan. no matter which side you're playing, it should start in the house you dealt with on that planet (so either house thul or house organa)

I don't remember which npc it was exactly but it should be easy to find. and even if you can't find the bonus quest start itself, the area it leads you to actually gives you more quests too so you could just do 1-2 of those and then try again to pick up the actual quest.

apart from that I would still suggest you do a handful of warzones and space missions even if you are not too much a fan of them. sure it might be a little annoying, but is it really more annoying than grinding your way up a few level? because if all else fails, that's what you will have to do :(

I've seen quite a few people who have gone to planets and aren't at the right level... and I don't understand how.

My Agent was Level 26 or 27 upon arriving on Tattooine and I only did one or two heroics on the preceding planets and I've done no PvP, all I've done is every side quest I find along the way... o_O

Check the Hoth orbital station for a mission giver. Not the flashpoint couriers, but someone else. I'm not sure if I remember if it was Hoth or another one, but on some planets the world arc questline actually starts on the orbital station rather than the planet below.

This is amazing. Did they stealth nerf xp gains? Because when I started Tatooine, I outleveled it so much that I could skip both Tatooine and Alderaan if I wanted to, and go straight to Balmorra.

And I have been outleveling planets ever since. Level 47 on Belsavis.

It is very strange that you can have 2 ends of the spectrum for the same game, you can be grossly underleveled or overleveled.

Bonus series for Balmorra is in the same level range as the planet.

Bonus series for Alderaan is level 40.

A question though, did you skip the bonus part of missions? Those tend to give a lot of xp.

And you should try to do some of the heroic missions. Not only do they give good xp and credits, they also give good loot.

Edited by ConradLionhart