Cel Cawdro's Ultimate "Community Desire for Species" Poll: REDUX

CelCawdro

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to get a little discussion going, I'd like to ask a question of some of you. When you're asking to see a Near-Human species, how do you envision the implementation of that species, particularly when many are biologically identical to the existing Human selection?

Just to get a little discussion going, I'd like to ask a question of some of you. When you're asking to see a Near-Human species, how do you envision the implementation of that species, particularly when many are biologically identical to the existing Human selection?

Just as they are in game, for example i want voss and togruta, they are already in game and they should be just like that if they are implemented as player species. and whether it is near human or not, each species has their own cultural background, they should be represented accordingly.

Just as they are in game, for example i want voss and togruta, they are already in game and they should be just like that if they are implemented as player species. and whether it is near human or not, each species has their own cultural background, they should be represented accordingly.

I'm speaking more specifically to certain choices, such as Echani and Hapan. The former are, essentially, white-haired humans, while the latter are "pretty" humans. You can, for all intents and purposes, already create both. Not that I'm discouraging anyone from voting for whatever they please - I'm simply curious to know precisely why these races need to be relegated to their own selection.

Oh, and for all you Zeltron fans out there, it might depress you a little to know that, back in beta, hot Zeltron pink was a selectable human skintone (in addition to other outlandish tones).

I'm speaking more specifically to certain choices, such as Echani and Hapan. The former are, essentially, white-haired humans, while the latter are "pretty" humans. You can, for all intents and purposes, already create both. Not that I'm discouraging anyone from voting for whatever they please - I'm simply curious to know precisely why these races need to be relegated to their own selection.

Oh, and for all you Zeltron fans out there, it might depress you a little to know that, back in beta, hot Zeltron pink was a selectable human skintone (in addition to other outlandish tones).

My best friend loves pink so therefore the reason she likes Zeltron lol.

While there are a lot more than three, and there are some i would love too see more than these three, I think these are more realistic and have the best chance too male it into the game.

1. Togruta

2. Bothan

3. What ever Nadia is

I know these will never happen, but the ones I want too see the most are

1. Ithorians

2. Trandoshans

3. Kaleesh

That thing in your avatar, would you "LOVE" to mesh your face with that in real life? I would never, thus i prefer "pretty human" like species instead of vermin and that is the same reason why i want a good looking species added to the game. in lore each species, no matter how similar they look, have their own strength and abilities unique to them, unfortunately in swtor these abilities are absent and race choice is bonkers. that is why i think your question occurs "why more pretty humans?". but what if each and every race was designed like wow where race choice has meaning? you would then obviously choose a "pretty human" species instead of "regular human" species because that species has +5% extra force damage or something, you would most definitely not worry if they were just recolored humans as long as they have better utility.

That thing in your avatar, would you "LOVE" to mesh your face with that in real life? I would never, thus i prefer "pretty human" like species instead of vermin and that is the same reason why i want a good looking species added to the game. in lore each species, no matter how similar they look, have their own strength and abilities unique to them, unfortunately in swtor these abilities are absent and race choice is bonkers. that is why i think your question occurs "why more pretty humans?". but what if each and every race was designed like wow where race choice has meaning? you would then obviously choose a "pretty human" species instead of "regular human" species because that species has +5% extra force damage or something, you would most definitely not worry if they were just recolored humans as long as they have better utility.

So you're saying you're throwing in your vote with the additional hope that all the mechanics regarding species choice are reneged upon and revamped?