Please let us exclude warzones we don't want to play

doctor_atomic

All of the Mercs and Sniper would forever be in the new Huttball

Buy a Solid State hard Drive (SSD) and enjoy the power of sub 30 sec screen loads and leave at your hearts content. NOTE - you will also see that 2-5 people leave most WZ before they ever start (occurs more in regs more than arenas, probably failed que sync or team gearing)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually would prefer to play only arenas as after almost 3 years I can barley stomach the 8v8's except the new one or if I'm in a mood or if I'm in a pre-made having fun.

Completing weeklies is becoming harder and harder as AHG, VS and CW all just have too many tryhards and or noobs sapping any relative fun I may have been having and just take way too long most of the time.

Also arena is the current competitive venue so I would rather practice that as much as possible rather than waste time in 8v8.

But I agree that if you divide the queue in any way it will slow the pop times and I am against that, so it's fine the way it is for now.

Buy a Solid State hard Drive (SSD) and enjoy the power of sub 30 sec screen loads and leave at your hearts content. NOTE - you will also see that 2-5 people leave most WZ before they ever start (occurs more in regs more than arenas, probably failed que sync or team gearing)

Whats wrong with that though? As a gunslinger, the new quesh huttball is by far my favorite map in the game, although I like the original huttball map as well. In my opinion, the quesh huttball map is the best designed map in the game, because having multiple levels adds more depth to it and allows for more strategies. Given that ranged classes only have 30-35 meters of range, it's a bit too easy for melee players to constantly harass ranged players on non-huttball maps, in my opinion.

If I could, I would queue exclusively for the two huttball maps on my gunslinger. But I would be thrilled if they would at least give you the ability to choose to queue for only 8 vs 8 warzones.

Immediately exit the warzone, and wait a few minutes, then re-queue. Hopefully by then the zone is on the way and you get another one. The chance of loading it is equal to the 8x8, so there is actually approcimate number of times they show up.

Good point -- and I've tried this too.

There are two drawbacks with this strategy though. First, I have witnessed entire playing periods where I see nothing but the same warzone/arena. Second, you could be on at a time where there are a lack of pvpers on -- if that's the case, I suspect you are more likely to get an arena than the regular wzs.

I actually would prefer to play only arenas as after almost 3 years I can barley stomach the 8v8's except the new one or if I'm in a mood or if I'm in a pre-made having fun..

it does make getting dailies/weeklies done go faster, but you're more likely to run into a balanced 4m. that's kind of frustrating given that matchmaking is nonexistent in regs. still...even that is preferable to sitting through a roflstomp in ahg or cw, which last 10 mins even though the match is clearly decided in the first minute. (these are unambiguous blowouts I'm talking about).

Good point -- and I've tried this too.

There are two drawbacks with this strategy though. First, I have witnessed entire playing periods where I see nothing but the same warzone/arena. Second, you could be on at a time where there are a lack of pvpers on -- if that's the case, I suspect you are more likely to get an arena than the regular wzs.

That's because there has been a longstanding bug where the queue will get stuck on one particular map.

Whats wrong with that though? As a gunslinger, the new quesh huttball is by far my favorite map in the game, although I like the original huttball map as well. In my opinion, the quesh huttball map is the best designed map in the game, because having multiple levels adds more depth to it and allows for more strategies. Given that ranged classes only have 30-35 meters of range, it's a bit too easy for melee players to constantly harass ranged players on non-huttball maps, in my opinion.

If I could, I would queue exclusively for the two huttball maps on my gunslinger. But I would be thrilled if they would at least give you the ability to choose to queue for only 8 vs 8 warzones.

Queshball is horribly design.

Those players probably shouldn't be pvping to begin with.

This.

Players who exit a wz because they get one they don't like (or worse, because their team is losing) shouldn't be playing PvP. Probably 80% of the time, the reason people don't like a certain wz is because they're not good at it. Not playing it and not trying to improve doesn't do them any good, or anyone else for that matter.

The only system I'd be in favor of is map voting on the queue pop. Instead of hitting enter queue you get a vote of 2 or 3 different maps and players vote for the map. Outside of that I like the current random warzone pop.

First good suggestion in this whole thread. I'd be in favor of this too, if only for the reduction of people leaving wz's.

How about no.

If it's PVE I can choose which FPs / OPs I participate in. Why is this not also true for PvP?

If Bioware are afraid that allowing choice would mean certain Warzones wouldn't get played very often, well then this should be a lesson to them. They need to research why they are unpopular and find ways to improve them.

Everyone has different tastes so I expect most Warzones would still get played. And if a few aren't popular then they should redesign / adjust them.

With the rewards for running Randoms and the oft times long waits for a queue to pop, FP's are in the same boat as PvP when it comes to players running into FP's they don't like. As far as OPs are concerned, GF is a specific OP every few days unless your guild is running a specific one for progression or the like.

PvP queues would absolutely die if people could exclude or pick and choose. I hate Huttball but I and my guild mates have gotten quite good at it even if I do cringe every time I see the load screen. Arenas are fun and I've never had any issues with any class in Arena play as long as you work as part of the team and don't run off and try to Rambo the other team.

Leaving a match because you don't like the WZ is counter productive. If you don't play it, you won't learn it and in playing it you might just find it isn't as bad as you think it is. While I have my favorites like NC and VS, I still enjoy Huttball even if the occasional PuG doesn't know how to pass.

Let's not forget that we tend to see the same people over and over in matches which leads me to believe the queues aren't that populated even during peak times, so allowing exclusions could stagnate the queue.

I would not be adverse to some sort of priority list, where you could list your favorites from most to least and having the matchmaker take those into account when deciding which "random" to choose, but I'm not sure the effort required to set up something like this would make the system any better.

why would a merc get off on queshball? anyone could pull or push him off the pipes. only snipers get the canned hunting experience at mid. sorcs can punt just like mercs, but the sorc can also pull. you're just another dps or heal in there as a merc.

the first map is a much more interesting design. I feel like I can be a part of the team in all aspects on the merc. and it's not so quick to score.

I agree. That, or place Arena's on their own Queue. I'm tired of queueing for a Warzone, getting placed into an Arena, having to exit, and re-queueing again.

that reminds me...

what bothers me is the person who takes the time to write a paragraph about why he's going to leave the arena at the start instead of just leaving so there's more time to fill his spot before the round begins.

I have no problem whatsoever about anyone leaving at the start of any map that he doesn't want to play. however, not EVERYBODY hates the same maps, and the population is so small that you sometimes need the "unwilling" just to get the map to pop. then when they leave, someone who doesn't necessarily mind the map can backfill. so, ultimately, it's a bad idea to allow choice of map, and it's because of player population. nothing to do with ethics or premades or formats or any such stuff.