If you could equip any weapon on your characters...

ColaWindstar

Blaster pistol offhand for my sniper.

Blaster pistol mainhand for my Op.

Blaster rifle for my Merc.

Blaster rifle for my Mando.

Assault cannon for my PT.

Short-bladed light saber offhand for my sentinel.

Assuming that mechanically they are made to work just like the original weapon proficiencies.

I just want my merc to wield a vibro blade. Is that really too much to ask?

I'd give my character an operational Death Star which only he has access to (also, fix that pesky exhaustion port so it can't be blown up Ep. IV style). :p

Would you then do the galaxy a favor and blow up Alderan ahead of schedule? No one will miss it, anyone who would have died with that god forsaken planet.

I'm willing to bet it's why Anakin turned back to the LS. Everyone says it was Luke, but I bet he just felt so much better after seeing that place blow up that allowed his emotional wounds to heal. It's kind of like taking a giant dump, it hurts and it makes you grumpy, but once it's flushed you see the galaxy in a whole new light.

In other words; Alderan is a giant sack of crap and you should blow it up.

Edited by NeroTethras

I would let all characters carry a second class of main weapon. The sniper already does in the form of that handgun he/she is always using in cutscenes. I want this phantom blaster for proper use! We also see a lot of troopers using techblades (which NO class can actually use btw) so it would be nice to see those. I would give the option of all lightsabers for all force sensitive classes. I mean... come on... I'm the Emperor's Wrath and you're telling me I can only use a standard lightsaber? Have you seen my job title?

Would you then do the galaxy a favor and blow up Alderan ahead of schedule? No one will miss it, anyone who would have died with that god forsaken planet.

I'm willing to bet it's why Anakin turned back to the LS. Everyone says it was Luke, but I bet he just felt so much better after seeing that place blow up that allowed his emotional wounds to heal. It's kind of like taking a giant dump, it hurts and it makes you grumpy, but once it's flushed you see the galaxy in a whole new light.

Reading this just brightened my morning a little bit. :cool:

I think you misspelled Hoth there, buddy.

Worst planet ever.

I'll do you both a favor and blow both Hoth and Alderaan up. That way, everyone is happy! :p

You do know that Powertech is melee class?

Well that would explain why they use melee weapons like axes and vibroblades in combat, wouldn't it? :cool: i mean if they normally used a ranged weapon, like a pistol, then it wouldn't make sense to quibble over someone wanting to use an assault cannon instead (since an assault cannon would make an even better bludgeon), but obviously since Powertech is a melee class they use melee weapons. If it was otherwise your objection would just look silly and arbitrary.

Weapons that needed to be usable by classes without penalty to their skills and powers:

Mercenaries and Commandos -- Blaster Rifles

Powertechs and Vanguards -- vibro and tech weapons (obviously takes the range off some powers, however)

Sith Assassins and Jedi Shadows -- double lightsabers (in lieu of the suicide staff)