Player strongholds? Hahahahahah

Drachehexe

Player strongholds?

[insert extended video of Joker laughing here]

Talk about a killing joke...you're gonna charge us hundreds of thousands (or even millions) of credits to unlock housing and then continue to nickel and dime us on furniture?

Edited by Drachehexe

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real kicker is, there is a limit to how much npc or cartel market furniture you can put down. After putting out my speeders and pets, I got to put down my cartel furniture sets that I bought, and I get a red letter message on my screen, telling me, I've 'reached my limit for npc purchased items' for my stronghold.

Not terribly clever, isn't the idea to get people to buy from the cartel market? They're basically cutting their own throats with this. I should be able to put whatever I want down, cartel furniture, crafted, npc furniture, pets, speeders, and not have a limit imposed on me, when I have room with my hooks.

This is not cool.

Player strongholds?

Talk about a killing joke...you're gonna charge us hundreds of thousands (or even millions) of credits to unlock housing and then continue to nickel and dime us on furniture?

Most of the furnture is cheap, and alot of it comes from either crafting or from drops. Stop being lazy.

Player strongholds?

Nickel and Diming implies you are being forced against your will to buy the furniture.

Please stop being inaccurate.

The real kicker is, there is a limit to how much npc or cartel market furniture you can put down. After putting out my speeders and pets, I got to put down my cartel furniture sets that I bought, and I get a red letter message on my screen, telling me, I've 'reached my limit for npc purchased items' for my stronghold.

Not terribly clever, isn't the idea to get people to buy from the cartel market? They're basically cutting their own throats with this. I should be able to put whatever I want down, cartel furniture, crafted, npc furniture, pets, speeders, and not have a limit imposed on me, when I have room with my hooks.

This is not cool.

what really burns me is that i cant place any of my armor sets that i have collected over the years, that and holo versions of companions B^(

then you have the wasted space between hooks not to mention stupid placement of hooks, no matter what pattern you change them to.

Player strongholds?

INORITE?!?!

Cuzz IRL, houses are cheap and furniture is free!

I took a tour of one of the maxed out strongholds, and it was hilarious. A roomful of chairs, another room full of legacy storage, another room of mailboxes, etc. so yes, player strongholds, hahahah.

That was just someone maxing out their conquest bonus using the free items from the stronghold quest, not an actual decorated stronghold.

That was just someone maxing out their conquest bonus using the free items from the stronghold quest, not an actual decorated stronghold.
you are right, but i still found it funny. is it possible to have someone else decorate your stronghold? i am thinking there would be a market for those with decorating skills....

I've been saying that for some time, yet the cheerleaders on this forum keep defending any nonsense that comes out of Austin, TX.

Pretty much.Its one thing to say hey i like this game and i enjoy it,its another thing to pretend this is how housing should be implemented in an mmo.If people truly believe that you seriously need to try more mmo's with housing that is actually fun.

what really burns me is that i cant place any of my armor sets that i have collected over the years, that and holo versions of companions B^(

then you have the wasted space between hooks not to mention stupid placement of hooks, no matter what pattern you change them to.

Yeah, I hear ya, I would have liked to put my rifles and pistols on the walls too. I'm noticing there is a lot of wasted hooks, and the rooms in DK aren't making much sense to me...I can't put my bed where I want, and in the room I can, well, everyone else has to parade through my bedroom to get to theirs...lol.

I haven't seen anything about stronghold quests. No clue what "conquest" thingies are.

Anyway, my major grief is not that you have to buy or craft furniture, but the way you have to do it. If I want say, 10 couches in my abode then I have to go to the vendor and buy 10 couches. Then, if I want another one, well, have to go back and buy another. Jump to my pad, back to fleet, jump to my pad, back to fleet..several times an hour is just stupid. All this back-tracking is ********.

Why not just charge me once and add that item to my list of available decorating materials and then charge me a small fee every time I place one down? It would be much simpler, still cost money, but nowhere near as much and make decorating much less of a hassle.

I continued to subscribe just to see this, as constantly doing dailies was just not much fun anymore. So, I am now unsubbed, and uninstalled because there isn't enough here to alleviate my boredom seeing as to fully decorate a place requires, well, cash runs through dailies just to keep up with furniture costs. Never will I get enough to unlock the last room in Dromund Kaas or just about any other room in Nar Shadda.

I'll come back around in two or three more months time as I usually do (play an MMO for a bit til get bored and move to another..rotate like that). Just waiting a couple extra month being bored with SWTOR hoping for something interesting and I get something that is essentially micro-transactions for a rug and a floor lamp.

The real kicker is, there is a limit to how much npc or cartel market furniture you can put down. After putting out my speeders and pets, I got to put down my cartel furniture sets that I bought, and I get a red letter message on my screen, telling me, I've 'reached my limit for npc purchased items' for my stronghold..

I was surprised by that limit myself. What am I going to use to fill up my NS stronghold? Really confusing.

Housing as a whole is pretty bad. Having to buy furniture is not a big issue, however.

It's the costs that are the problem.

10's or 100's of thousands of credits Or even cartel coins and cartel certificates for simple things? Ridiculous.

No idea on the furniture, didn't like the basic stuff much so I haven't used it.

What I wanted to do was create a room with Aratech speeders and another with Rakghoul minipets. Ended up putting them all in the same room. Placing those three crafting droids and C2-N2 on the landing pad got me hitting the limit for some reason.

This was frustrating and I ended up "barricading" the entrance to my home with some shelves and a broken speeder. I then moved the droids and Shadow's companions around and made them stand guard at the entrance with HK taking point.

I don't know why the limit surprised me, though. We've been living with commendation limits for years.

I haven't seen anything about stronghold quests. No clue what "conquest" thingies are.

Anyway, my major grief is not that you have to buy or craft furniture, but the way you have to do it. If I want say, 10 couches in my abode then I have to go to the vendor and buy 10 couches. Then, if I want another one, well, have to go back and buy another. Jump to my pad, back to fleet, jump to my pad, back to fleet..several times an hour is just stupid. All this back-tracking is ********.

Why not just charge me once and add that item to my list of available decorating materials and then charge me a small fee every time I place one down? It would be much simpler, still cost money, but nowhere near as much and make decorating much less of a hassle.

But you don't have to return to fleet to buy furniture at all? :rak_02: If you did the stronghold quest (the hologram on the fleet), you get some furniture for free and then later in a mail, you get a NPC that sells furniture which you can put in your stronghold. You also get three droids in the mail which trade those prefabricated MK whatever for furniture. (those droids you also put in your stronghold) You don't have to move from your stronghold at all...

And you can of course buy some furniture on Cartel Market... You have to return to fleet if you want to buy some twi'lek dancers or something, but for basic furniture and crafted parts, nope.

I guess the problem is that you probably didn't do the stronghold quest. (it's ridiculously easy, just listening for some hologram for a while and then going into your stronghold, and that's all)

Otherwise, I am a little bit dissapointed by the hooks and ways of putting on the furniture, but I guess I shouldn't have expected sims 3 or something. :D The thing that bugs me most is that you can't interact with the furniture, for example sit on the chair or lie in the bed or whatever. So it seems kind of pointless.

But I like the visuals of the houses, especially Dromund Kass and Tatooine (Naar Shaada is quite terrible in my opinion) and I think that guild ships and conquests are great.

i am thinking there would be a market for those with decorating skills....

Nope. When u cant scale and place items whereever u want, when u cant change textures on walls, cant change windows, doors. when item list is soooo small it will newer be like that. All houses gonna look same.

And while houses are not interactive who cares? What is the reason to visit other houses? Nothing to do there.

Edited by APCrol

Nope. When u cant scale and place items whereever u want, when u cant change textures on walls, cant change windows, doors. when item list is soooo small it will newer be like that. All houses gonna look same.

And while houses are not interactive who cares? What is the reason to visit other houses? Nothing to do there.

^this :(

INORITE?!?!

Cuzz IRL, houses are cheap and furniture is free!

but IRL when you buy a home you don't just get 2 or 3 rooms you can live in with 6 more rooms that are locked and will stay locked until you pay a million or more to unlock them. IRL when you buy a home you get the entire home not just .25 of the home.

also IRL you can put what ever you want where ever you want.

i stayed subbed just for this update and kinda wish i hadn't. its kinda sad because it could have been great but they had to be greedy and they had to put huge limits on what we can do. B^(

Yeah I'm with you on this too man. I was so disappointed to find out that my companions were generic to others. Vette looks like she's in her underwear even. haha

I mean..what's the point? C'mon devs, get it together.

Player strongholds?

Agreed and I'll leave you with a little ditty.