Basic Republic/Imperial banners for warzone comms is ridiculous.

TheBBP

It's accessible to all, it just requires you to be laughably bad for an hour or so.

I don't mean to say that you in particular are bad at PvP, that's purely from my own perspective. The same can be said from the opposite position though, PvP'ers are being coerced into PvE content if they so desire particular decorations.

From BioWare's perspective, they're getting more people to try more content. Sometimes it's good to break out of your comfort zone, it just blows having a team of VERY angry people yelling at you while you do it :p

Edited by Kremsau

It's accessible to all, it just requires you to be laughably bad for an hour or so.

I don't mean to say that you in particular are bad at PvP, that's purely from my own perspective. The same can be said from the opposite position though, PvP'ers are being coerced into PvE content if they so desire particular decorations.

From BioWare's perspective, they're getting more people to try more content. Sometimes it's good to break out of your comfort zone, it just blows having a team of VERY angry people yelling at you while you do it :p

1. It does not bother me to be considered to be laughably bad at PVP. It is fitting.
  2. Forcing people like me into PVP for these banners only hurts the real PVPers. I am useless in PVP and will be of little help.
  3. I don't pay to be forced out of how I like to play this game.

Oh well, sorry gents, I gotta queue. These banners are needed.

My condolences.

I went through PvP in order to get the Str/Power Relics (had horrible luck with them dropping in Op's) and all I could tell people was I need them, and I'm sorry. It's fun to attempt the mission goals, I for the most part ignore combat when it's not a for sure victory.

Number one recommendation: Don't let the s*** talkers get to you. Get your banners!

Every toon gets banners, then on top of that every toon gets an additional banner through the mail after doing the quest you get. Having to use comms for additional ones isn't really ridiculous. They've made sure that every aspect of the game can be used for gain in this update, so nothing wrong with that really.

It can be less bad if you have a lot of classic comms to buy campagin gear to maximize the bolster without sacrificing too much in the stats department. Just sell those pieces back to a vendor and get your comms back after you're done. Prototype level 53 blue earpiece/implants also help too and they are cheap on the GTN. The ROFLstomping becomes far less painful once you start getting into the 1500-1600 expertise range.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

I do agree to this.

I've done some PvP matches in past in order to obtain the rare LS hilt or different armor piece that has a unique dye format. Fail to see why this shouldn't be any different.

With any luck, you may grow fond of it. I did enjoy my latest PvP matches quite honestly. :D

This is a good way to look at it! I am a terrible PvP'er. And though I don't hate all PvP, I am lacking that "Must KILL! I've gotta WIN!!!" spirit. :p I really wanted those guards though, so I que'd anyway.

I do try, but . . . well, I'm still pretty bad, and I don't like PvP enough to do it enough to get good at it. But if there's something I really want that is exclusive to PvP and can be obtained in a reasonable amount of time with regular WZ coms, well, I'm gonna que up. My apologies to my fellow Harbinger players in the sub-55 brackets. ;)

Edited by Gwena

are those the same banners you get for free for doing intro quest, or different banners? (becasue intro quest is available to every alt)

It is not available to every alt. At least it has not been for me.

It is not available to every alt. At least it has not been for me.
Every alt of mine has gotten banners in the mail.

There's a batch of 3 emails that comes along much later.

Contains banners, crafting nodes, and fabrication droids.

There should be a separate PvP queue labelled "I suck, I just want to suck for an hour so I can get some comms." That way you will be matched with a bunch of other people who are just as bad.
I would love such a queue.

That way I could get my weekly dose of XP and comms without troubling the people that actually care about PvP.

Every alt of mine has gotten banners in the mail.

There's a batch of 3 emails that comes along much later.

Contains banners, crafting nodes, and fabrication droids.

Thank you. I will wait for them.

You just talk to the hologram, go to your stronghold and walk inside it...

Not sure if you have to have not been in that stronghold before tho.

Even with no quest icon on him?

I think this is aligned perfectly. You don't have the right to say you represent your faction unless you actually do represent your faction by fighting in PVP. the jedi in the clone wars series for example don't have the luxury of not being involved with the military.

I think this is aligned perfectly. You don't have the right to say you represent your faction unless you actually do represent your faction by fighting in PVP. the jedi in the clone wars series for example don't have the luxury of not being involved with the military.
So I'm not allowed to say I fight for my faction despite killing literally thousands of opposing soldiers and hundreds of leaders?

Hah... this again.

Tell you what: I don't particularly enjoy complex crafting and DISPISE daily quests. So... uhm... nothing at all for me?

Yes, it sucks that not all decorations are available but then again... better to have to go into a warzone where everyone is not surprised by a bad or new player at all... then to get into a flashpoint and having to admit that - despite being a founder - you have never been there. :D

That's me - I get forced to daily, craft and possibly even run a FP or so...

well... "forced" ... that's what some call "motivated" - because really, I don't need the stuff. And you don't NEED the banners. ;)

It's all a matter of perspective and attitude.

Feel motivated.

1. It does not bother me to be considered to be laughably bad at PVP. It is fitting.
  2. Forcing people like me into PVP for these banners only hurts the real PVPers. I am useless in PVP and will be of little help.
  3. I don't pay to be forced out of how I like to play this game.

You are not forced to do anything. If you want them, then you do pvp. No one is forcing anything on you.