The new Nerf sith inquisitor thread

Allmightyprom

No it's not. Activation times are different, cooldowns are different. Pretty much across the board.

For the spells that actually matter, they are identical.

gross exaggeration to say "across the board"

hybrid dps sorcs are going to be using channeled lightning, Chain lightining procs, Crushing darkness procs, affliction as their primary spells, with CL insta procs (until patch) and Death field as a finisher. SMART sorcs dont bother using the instant lightning bolt equivilant to Project, as it just doesnt hit that hard (Project is the big animation culprit here, no arguing with the fact that its not as good as the sorc equiv) its relegated to times where your on the move, and dont need to reapply another instant (Dot, snare, interrupt, Wrath Proc) Its so low on the priority list it rarely comes into play.

On my sorc i might hit that instant cast once in every 10 combats, and thats being generous. Its definately an unfair advantage given that they should be exact mirrors, but its a tiny advantage. This "across the board" nonsense is just that, sheer nonsense.

Having said that Project should be fixed. Id love to hear what other spells you think are core to the sage/sorc mirror that have significant animation/CD differences. Im not aware of any others but project, and thats just an animation difference. As far as I know every single cooldown on every other spell is identical.

Edited by CuriousK

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok since the last thread got locked for people trolling and stuff, lets make a new thread regarding how OP and unbalanced sith inquisitors are.

Im currently a lvl 50 consular, and get hit by a sith inquistor that is 20 lvls below me for 3-4k several times in quick succession. i have 6 pieces of lvl 50 epic pvp gear and still get torched in seconds by this class.

other classes dont touch me...just inquisitors. They fling around lightning like no tommorow with no CD it seems.

PvP games are now simply about how few seconds the 5 inquisitors on the opposite team take to stun lock and kill you.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic or posts will be reported.

Okay I will go out on a limb here and say your an outright liar. Either they are geared to the chin and your not or you just suck at interrupting lighting on madness spec which is their core ability for power DPS.

As for me I have been stun locked by some many other classes on my sorceror there are points I just rage, I hope they fix resolve to break after a certain percent of is is taken when resolve is 800 or over.

But honestly Sorcerors 20 levels below wouldn't land a single hit. Bioware knows the numbers so screaming nerf for your poor excuse will do nothing.

As a former empire player now playing republic I can honestly say they are not identical. Like previous people have mentioned, due to animations of instant damage lightning vs lifting a rock, having it rest in stasis for .3 sec then flying forward the overall timing is quite different. It is instant cast and it will hit, but perhaps .8-1.1 seconds after hitting button. Lightning is instant, period. Now consider that in spam mode for a short buff and lightning can be cast 4-5 times while the boulder is cast 2-3 times. This also changes GCD dynamics and timing of skills post instant cast.

In the long run it is hard to differentiate the 2, they are mirrors. But in PvP that extremely small difference is actually magnified a great deal.

You, sir, are speaking of Project which is mirrored by the sorcerer's Shock. They both have a 6 second cooldown time. Yes, damage from Project isn't displayed until impact (another comparison of such a thing is Tracer Missile vs. Grav Round - Grav Round hits instantly, Tracer has to animate until damage is DISPLAYED). Neith Sage nor Sorc. can SPAM this, so your point is rather moot. In fact, I find that the delayed damage display from Project (and Tracer Missile, for that matter) has actually AIDED many a Shadow in getting kills since the recipient and caster don't actually see the damage until impact; allowing them to potentially initiate a higher "burst damage" since they can use other attacks even if its damage is yet to display. Pretty much the only possible way for Project to take anywhere near 1 second to land is if your target is at maximum range when you use it and has activated force speed in the opposite direction.

Furthermore, skills such as this still cause a player to be considered dead prior to the attack actually landing. Just as you've stated that it "rests in stasis", so does a recipient of the attack if the attack would finish them off - meaning you sit there unable to move/attack until the skill lands (again, this is true for tracer missile).

All-in-all, project is NOT a spammable skill (nor is shock), so please show me how a sorcerer can get shock to be cast 4-5 times while project can only be cast 2-3 times when they both have a 6 second cooldown.

Hello,

Im sage seer so i have time healing my freinds to see the combats around, also see what kind of opponents we have.

IF sorc are not overpowered and explosing me in no time along with Op agents ( even if Op agents ar made to kill me i agree with it) ....

WHY most imps roll a sorc ..madness/light tree mix something like 16-16 ..watch on most Swtor web site all in love with imp side and ofc sorcs...

This is only because if u roll a sorc u will Kill ..kill a lot ..be super powerfull ..and as the big pvp guild i join on imp side the last few days faking i was a noob..they told me .. ''advice : if u new in sw roll a sorc ..we are most sorc players and we own the poor reps, tks to bioware scripters ''

I am pretty sure 80% of Swtor players are on imp side ..my server is mostly imp ..my old server to ..diing cause most rep went back to their old MMO ..some tried to roll a imp but got tired of hutt ball all day long and anyway wanted to play a JEDI ?! :p

Sure nerf rep class ( rod 1.2 notes ) and let sorc powerfull as they are ...another great game with great potential diing in few months ..last players mostly imperials leaving..

GO ON bioware ..nerf the rep :p

Btw i joined the rep side cause they been told to be the weak and unloved side ..less colorfull armors ..etc for CHALLENGES ...but this is no challenge been explosed in less than 10 sec by 8 sorcs in a WZ lol ..Even on 1v1 ..dots to max ..Multi stuns ..no ending lighting ..draining life ..i can kill a Op even ..having few hp left ...but a sorc ..omg..nope or he is failed big time one haha ..

Have fun swtor community im reopening my other subcription lol ..won't tell the game name ..respect.. and i though my old game was a bit unbalanced lol ..not like swtor ROFL.

Peace

(sorry for my typing but im btw sad and pist, i do love swtor but rep side is diing and no ..i won't go play a imp because they overpowered ..kk i stop )

Edited by lilithu

Hello,

Btw i joined the rep side cause they been told to be the weak and unloved side ..less colorfull armors ..etc for CHALLENGES ...but this is no challenge been explosed in less than 10 sec by 8 sorcs in a WZ lol ..Even on 1v1 ..dots to max ..Multi stuns ..no ending lighting ..draining life ..i can kill a Op even ..having few hp left ...but a sorc ..omg..nope or he is failed big time one haha ..

Have fun swtor community im reopening my other subcription lol ..won't tell the game name ..respect.. and i though my old game was a bit unbalanced lol ..not like swotr ROFL.

Peace

Yet again: Sages can "dots to max ..Multi stuns ..no ending lightning ..draining life" as well. This would simply mean that you change your spec out of healing over to the "Balance" tree, where you can do "dots to max .." (31 point Balance sages also have 3 DoT's - Weaken Mind, Mind Crush, Sever Force) identically to a Sorcerer; "Multi stuns .." (Force Stun, Force Lift, and the interrupt: Mind Snap) identically to a Sorc.; "no ending lighting .." (Telekinetic Throw) identical to sorc.; "draining life .." (Comes from DoT criticals with "focused insight"/"psychic absorption" of the balance skill tree - also, Force In Balance causes "draining life ..") which is yet again IDENTICAL to what a sorcerer can have.

Maybe if you explore the other skill trees of your class before threatening to quit the game due to a supposed "unbalance", you'd realise that you have identical skills.

Yet again: Sages can "dots to max ..Multi stuns ..no ending lightning ..draining life" as well. This would simply mean that you change your spec out of healing over to the "Balance" tree, where you can do "dots to max .." (31 point Balance sages also have 3 DoT's - Weaken Mind, Mind Crush, Sever Force) identically to a Sorcerer; "Multi stuns .." (Force Stun, Force Lift, and the interrupt: Mind Snap) identically to a Sorc.; "no ending lighting .." (Telekinetic Throw) identical to sorc.; "draining life .." (Comes from DoT criticals with "focused insight"/"psychic absorption" of the balance skill tree - also, Force In Balance causes "draining life ..") which is yet again IDENTICAL to what a sorcerer can have.

Maybe if you explore the other skill trees of your class before threatening to quit the game due to a supposed "unbalance", you'd realise that you have identical skills.

Shh dont burst his bubble.

The fact that every single spell hes talking about other than project is absolutely identical, and hes just not aware of the fact is great for us.

Dont enlighten him, he might actually spec into 0 cooldown pebble spam if you succeed in edjumacating him.

Nothing more frustrating than being pinned in 3 pebble streams snared all to crap while dots eat you alive. If he doesnt get the memo we wont have to worry about him being one of them!

Shh dont burst his bubble.

The fact that every single spell hes talking about other than project is absolutely identical, and hes just not aware of the fact is great for us.

Dont enlighten him, he might actually spec into 0 cooldown pebble spam if you succeed in edjumacating him.

Nothing more frustrating than being pinned in 3 pebble streams snared all to crap while dots eat you alive. If he doesnt get the memo we wont have to worry about him being one of them!

The Fail in this thread is almost a legendary pile of misinformation ever typed on a forum. Add in a guy who has no idea what his mirror class does just blows my mind I guess even reading his own tree is beyond his comprehension. Mind blown.......

exactly. consular gets telekinetic throw which ticks for about 500 or something low like that, you get force lightning which ticks for 2k per tick...thats super unbalanced.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Are you serious? Sages and Sorcs are identical classes with a couple of animations being different. They can be spec'd the same, geared the same and played the same, and you're trying to argue that they're imba'd?

Not sure if troll or just stupid.

Today , 12:51 PM

I've seen quite fastly this post.

(PS: My main character is a 0/21/20 dps sage,R62)

The answer to "Sage does not need a nerf" is : Look what's the most played class in pvp.

Personally, I think that devz should have nerfed the cc a lot, because that's what people are whining about xD and the damages less, and a different way (look at sentinel... They do real damages them xD)

Because they have survavibility, and with their sprint, control, are the best class for win a wz at this time. (BTW : Win a WZ is different of "Being overcheated on 6v6 pvp middle)

My class clearly needs a BIG nerf.

But, not a nerf who's gonna ruin the "fun" of the gameplay of the class... Devz can do a nerf who's gonna make happy all the forum "whinners" who say "nerf sorcccc" because they think that, with their pve spec/gear, they have to be powerful in pvp.

But, they can do a nerf who's not gonna ruin the 0/21/20 fun. (I'm repeating myself, well...)

Here's a copy of one of my post, i copy it here because it's one of the post who talk about the nerf, and i really want a dev to see it :

Well, I've seen the patchnote for sage. I play 0/21/20 Sage dps pvp...

I'm sad because I'm quite a good player, i love what you did of the sage : all those crowd control, etc... Can heal himself, does correct damages...

But I'm really sad about the "Presence of mind does now affects disturbance and min crush" only ; you're killing the spell "Telekinetic wave" by doing that, for this spec...

I mean, i'm not like all those whiners, who think a nerf is not fair...

The pvp dps sage need a nerf, it's clear, but not like that because, by doing that, the spec will be really boring to play and you can nerf the spec the same, but with another way...

The nerf you're testing on the pts (and please, just don't apply it on the real servers) makes the class really BORING to play, kills the gameplay, etc...

Be honest : 0/21/20 use 4 dps spells : TT, Mind crush, Telekinetic Wave, Weaken Mind.

This nerf totally kills TW ; We will only be TT spammers, after 1.2 ... mc & wm are CD...

If you do that, it would mean that you want the sage to look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAq7P...layer_embedded

but, doing 2x less damages...

The sage isn't so "overcheated", it's a good class, but, before all, very easy to play! That's the power of the class.

Other classes are really powerful, but much harder to play correctly...

A good nerf, for me, could have been :

- 10% less damages for Project

- 10% less damages for Disturbance (Or not, if you don't want to nerf pve telekinetic)

- 10% less damages for TT

And, if you want to nerf the fact that sage can have 2 big instant AOE...

- 25% less dmg on all the AOE of the sage (I'm a french player, i don't know all their names...)

By doing that, you nerf the sage the same, but you don't totally kill the gameplay...

Because the way you listened without think the whines of the whiners "nerf sage, nerf sorc" etc... You can't realize how much this update is badly done if your devs have never played 0/21/20...

Another idea (Without "destroy" the gameplay quality of the class)

I'm repeating myself, but :

On Fr forums, someone has not understood that i WANT a nerf of the class, but if you do this nerf, the 0/21/20 will no longer exist, not because it will be too weak (Well, it will be weak, but, if u want that...) , but because it will be too buring to play her... We'll just have 1 spell to spamm for our damages...

An equivalent nerf could be, because you seem to think that the ability of the sage to have 2 instant AOE is too powerful :

- CD of Telekinetic wave : 6s -> 10s

- CD of Force in Balance : 15s -> 25s

- Telekinetic wave does 30% less damages

- Force in Balance does 30% less damages

Well, it's an idea : The point is : "Nerf the 0/21/20 sage spec, but without making her too boring to play"

And if you want to nerf the pvp sage, not the pve sage, you can do :

- Telekinec wave and Force in Balance do 40% less damages versus players

My point is : You can nerf the sage by another ways, without killing the "fun" of a spec a lot of players love to play...

Dont worry JC/SI, after 1.2 just play nothing but ranked Huttball. You dont need dps or heals or anything, just dash and pull the ball carrier until you're the highest rank on the server.

Lol. I think you forgot to mention not to ever get rooted, snared, knocked off the enemy team's platforms, grappled; then always have full resolve, and always have extricate (pull) and stun break ready. If all of those are possible, then sure we'll dominate ranked hutt-ball WZ's. I don't know what server you play on, but apparently the people you're fighting don't know how to counter sorc/sage in hutt-ball (or maybe you don't). On my server, you can be about 5m from the goal line and unless you can survive for 20 seconds even with full resolve (roots/snares ignore it, remember), and manage to not get chain-stunned after your resolve dissipates, THEN you can finally pull off a score.

Lol at this thread. I have a level 50 sorc and a level 50 assassin and no way is my assassin better than my sorc despite he has way better gear. Any sorcs thinking assassins are OP are delusional. While sorcs can kill everbody else, sometones gotta be able to kill you!!!

mhm..mhm...which attack do we have that hits for 3-4k per tick.

As i said, i have decent gear and a solid dps spec and havnt once got the medal to hit for 2500. Its also not about me "sucking" or being "umadbro"....all i can do is press the buttons to attack, if they dont feel like critting for 2500+ it cant be my fault surely.

bro... if ur getting hit for 3-4k per tick, and can't manage even 2.5k yourself and you have the mirror class, then you're under-geared.

Lol at this thread. I have a level 50 sorc and a level 50 assassin and no way is my assassin better than my sorc despite he has way better gear. Any sorcs thinking assassins are OP are delusional. While sorcs can kill everbody else, sometones gotta be able to kill you!!!

Lol. Noone can kill a sorc? What? And there are multiple builds for an assassin to slaughter sorcerers - maybe you just don't happen to be one of those specs, so try out a different build. When you say your sin has better gear than your sorc., I can maybe see your sorc. out-performing your sin if neither of them has pvp gear yet. I found being a newly 50 sorc. to perform much better than my other characters and also found that getting better pvp gear has much more significant impacts on my other characters.

• 1 month later...
What frustates me the most is after ive been zapped and slowed to the brink of death and I manage to get in a position to do damage they have a shield that absorbs everything. I just got done pvping against a group of sorcerers and snipers. :mad: and I think the problem is that they can dish out damage from so far away no one can touch them. BioWare should nerf damage at a distance so that the further away you are from the target the less damage it does. Lightning would still slow the target but the damage would be scaled, and they should shorten the time that their shield of INVINCIBILITY lasts from to 6 - 10 seconds.