Do you expect someone to heal on KDY?

RomanovX

If they queue as healers, then I sort of expect to see some heals. It doesn't have to be healing like in a traditional flash point, but the right heals at the right time can make KDY go much more quickly and efficiently than a healer-specced character trying in vain to Hulk-Smash stuff.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I queue my Commando as heals, spec'd as heals, and when my heals aren't needed I DPS.

While my DPS when spec'd as heals isn't great, it's better than just standing there waiting for someone to take enough damage to justify a heal bigger than a Kolto Bomb.

Pretty much this. If you're not going to heal, don't queue as one for KDY. It's as simple as that. If someone queued as a healer refuses to heal in KDY, I /ignore them.

You don't have to que as a healer to be labeled one upon entering.

You can que as dps and become a 'healer'...........Its as simple as that

I queue my Commando as heals, spec'd as heals, and when my heals aren't needed I DPS.

While my DPS when spec'd as heals isn't great, it's better than just standing there waiting for someone to take enough damage to justify a heal bigger than a Kolto Bomb.

I do the same on my Sorc IF it is obvious my heals aren't needed I throw out my dots and get a few shots in to help the group but the moment Healing is needed I stop attacking and go right into triage healing.

Sadly there are those who despite the fact it's obvious they should be healing keep attacking. :(

I don't expect any role on KDY tbh. That's why they are tacticals, If someone heals, awesome, that can make things smoother and faster. If not, meh... even if they are tagged as healers. It's KDY.

Expecting a "healer" to heal there is like expecting a dps to wait to pull a mob if there's a tank present as well, order kill from weak to strong, things like that. It may or may not happen and it doesn't matter much either way.

All I expect from a pug in KDY is finishing the flashpoint in reasonable and timely manner, like no mass pull on the prison thing, or if they for whatever reason died on the boss fight I expect them to run back and help, etc.... No roles related stuff......

It doesn't matter how you get through KDY as long as you live, so while I don't particularly care how people choose to play it, if people don't use their abilities to the detriment of the group, I'm not going to be thrilled. My dps have ended up healing when health got low because an actual healer wasn't, which meant that I was both doing less dps than I could have been and healing less efficiently than they would have. So yes. I expect healers to heal.

I disagree with OP. I don't think that healing makes KDY go slower. However, I don't think healing makes it go faster either. I agree with what others have said in this thread -- a healer can keep everyone topped off, and minimize regen between fights -- and I think that balances out the lack of DPS from the healer.

Heals slows everything down. 4 dps all the way. Even if you are queud as heals please just dps. It's the difference between a 20 minute KDY and a 25 minute KDY.

uhu. not really. as a healer - your dps is not that great, but when heal - you allow your dps (and/ot tank) to pull faster without having to stop to regen after every fight - which makes the run far faster than 4 dps. so I'll just keep on healing on my healers TYVM

edited to add. healing terminals only exist on last boss, and that's the only time when I dps on a healer, becasue those terminals heal more efficiently than I can. but scenarios? don't have the terminals.

now. I don't expect dps to offheal, though its always nice when they do. but healers who queue as healers and then don't heal - irritate the crap out of me. if you weren't going to heal, then DESELECT healer in your role selection before queueing

Edited by Jeweledleah

Well, I expect them to heal as needed. Doesn't mean they have heal to full (see what I did there?). But I don't necessarily rely on their heals.

But.... on the last boss, I do expect them to heal more than not. Depending on the boss this can be important. And no, if they go full bore dps and no heals it doesn't make things go faster generally speaking. It depends on the make upof the team, but the most efficient groups through KDY are the trinity: 1 tank, 2 dps, and one heals.

Edited by Rafaman

If they are healers they need to heal ofc or do you think letting a legit DPS die just so the healer can do his pitifull DPS is not a good idea

I`ve been in 4 dps teams in KDY and I did off-heal as a DPS if a teammate was in danger of dieing

Edited by iDraxter

I expect people to play the roles they queue as.

If a Sorc/Sage queues as a healer, then I expect him/her to heal.

If the same Sorc/Sage queues as DPS, then I expect them to DPS, and won't get mad at them for not healing.

Same goes for tanks.

Edited by Andrellma

*sigh* It was like when we were doing Assault on Tython and we had a healer and I thought to myself: awesome this will go smoothly.

...no, he decides going 3 dps and a tank will be better. Let's just say we had a lot of downtime...and a whole lot of close calls.

And I died...a lot. (I was the tank.)

There is nothing wrong with having at least one healer, doing I dunno...HEALING, in a tactical flashpoint. Now having 3 healers is a problem...

No, best group is 4 dps who can click the hp terminals when necessary.

4 dps is faster on a boss fight. 3 dps + 1 healer is faster on everything else.

It mostly balances out -- but the runs I've been in with 3 dps + 1 healer have always been the fastest. No downtime, chain pull to the boss. During the boss fight the hp terminals allow the healer to do dps as well.

If they queue up as healers, I expect them to heal.

Just like I expect tanks to tank if they queue up as tanks.

Even in KDY.

this ^^^^^^

One thing though

If its a ranged DPS I do expect them to make some effort to be near a healing terminal if absolutely necessary

Small thing to ask but often see ranged DPS stand as far away from them as possible so they never have to think about them

Thats just bad form all round

I do think anyone capable of healing should throw a heal at whoever has threat and is under something like 20%. A dps at full health with a taunt should taunt then, too! Sometimes stuff happens and emergency heals replace medpacks when you're bolstered to 55 with only level 20 medpacks.

And I have to say my favorite runs are nonstop 3 dps and a a healer.

But SERIOUSLY, stop demanding people who "queue as a healer" to be a full time healer, because as I keep explaining, if you queue for both healing and damage, you are assigned healing, no matter what. People queue for tacticals at the same time as other flashpoints, so they may have both selected, but they do not intend to primarily heal a tactical. Yes, they should heal in an emergency, but don't expect them to heal if they are spec'ed dps.

I do think anyone capable of healing should throw a heal at whoever has threat and is under something like 20%. A dps at full health with a taunt should taunt then, too! Sometimes stuff happens and emergency heals replace medpacks when you're bolstered to 55 with only level 20 medpacks.

And I have to say my favorite runs are nonstop 3 dps and a a healer.

But SERIOUSLY, stop demanding people who "queue as a healer" to be a full time healer, because as I keep explaining, if you queue for both healing and damage, you are assigned healing, no matter what. People queue for tacticals at the same time as other flashpoints, so they may have both selected, but they do not intend to primarily heal a tactical. Yes, they should heal in an emergency, but don't expect them to heal if they are spec'ed dps.

If you're a class that is able to both heal and do DPS and you choose to be a full healer then you remove the DPS option from the queue setting befor you join queue so you are only queuing as a healer and visa versa if you're dps then remove the Healer option from your queue settings.

This game has no dual specs so you are either one or the other no reason to queue as both.

If the queue pops with a tank and dps, I heal to keep the tank topped up - and AoE heal the whole group between fights. If the DPS pull the aggro, then that's the point I start to let them know gently.

OTOH as a DPS I let the tank do their job. I mow down the extras.

As a tank I grab the aggro and expect to be kept reasonably topped up. -I use my cooldowns to mitigate as much as I can. - But then I rest and recuperate before the next pull. - To let everyone regenerate and cooldown.

The trinity isn't dead, but IMHO puting heal stations in Tactical flashpoionts was a bad move. -What next?. - A DPS button for extra damage, or a tankting station that taunts and keeps aggro?

Tanks keep aggro & healers heal tanks. . Accidents hapen. - You deal with it as such. The DPS can go to hell if they're dumb enough to rush and start fights they can't finish.

If you're a class that is able to both heal and do DPS and you choose to be a full healer then you remove the DPS option from the queue setting befor you join queue so you are only queuing as a healer and visa versa if you're dps then remove the Healer option from your queue settings.

This game has no dual specs so you are either one or the other no reason to queue as both.

this game has field respec and I have respecced while in a flashpoint before. many a time. including KDY. that said... tactical flashpoints assign you a healer role if you have both selected 100% of the time. same with tank, if you have tank and dps selected - it will place you as tank. even when there are other "tanks" in a group. so if you want to dps only, deselect other role. for tactical flashpoints - if you want to heal or tank, you can keep both available roles selected and you'll be fine.

P.S. I always help dps expensively on an operative or merc. on a sorc, especially before you get consumption.. I mostly just apply dots, only using other dps abilities when people are taking nearly no damage. becasue unlike mercs and operative - dpsing on a sorc will starve you of energy with no way of regaining it other than out of combat regeneration, rendering you unable to heal OR dps, often when its most needed.

Edited by Jeweledleah