Do you expect someone to heal on KDY?

RomanovX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly it isn't even necessary. Sometimes someone can throw a heal now and then but isn't it just more effective for everyone to go DPS and kill things faster.

It's just too damn easy

Unless someone is bad and keeps pulling not allowing people to regen.

Unless someone is bad and keeps pulling not allowing people to regen.

Yeah, which sadly happens more often than not.

If my class has the ability I will most certainly throw in a heal here and there. Leveling a Commando at the moment which makes it easy to just switch the Cylinder and heal for a bit if no one else does. Although I refuse to heal people who jump ahead. Their problem if they can't wait. Usually they learn their lesson after their 1st death.

If they queue up as healers, I expect them to heal.

This. Had a bad incident where a KDY kid (level 20) chose to "DPS because he wanted to move things along". Never mind that my Sentinel was using every ability he had to stay alive, and popping medpacks. Oh and using Introspection after fights.

Left that group - put "healer" on ignore.

Heals slows everything down. 4 dps all the way. Even if you are queud as heals please just dps. It's the difference between a 20 minute KDY and a 25 minute KDY.

And here I am taking a relaxed no stress run ANY TIME over 20 minutes of pain. XD

Just like I expect tanks to tank if they queue up as tanks.

Even in KDY.

Yep, if that is the role they choose then they have to heal. Since all roles gets accepted in KDY they can just as easy queue up as dps if that is what they choose to do.

Edited by Icestar

All I expect from a tactical FP is that each person does whatever is within their class's skills and their ability to make sure that the 4 of us finish the thing successfuly and with the minimum amount of bumhurt.

If that means a merc (for example) throws an offheal or two, well, by golly, which hurts more: the wipe and repair bill or making your laser shoot green goo for a couple seconds?

I know when I lvl'd up my healer in KDY. I would heal more than DPS (But still DPS enough not to slow it down), however this was mostly because I wanted to learn the class as a healer. As far as expecting it from others, not really. lol Edited by Drox

Even in KDY.

As a healer i dps first then throw heals out if needed to make the run go faster except probably the boss fight at the end

Its situational - if everything is running smoothly my commando does DPS with off heals to keep folks topped up as we go - if it all goes pete tong (ie some muppet pulls the entire room in the prison) then its full on heals until the room is clear.

As a healer i dps first then throw heals out if needed to make the run go faster except probably the boss fight at the end

Of course. I mean the FP isn't exactly difficult... BUT, a healer specced for healing and queueing as a healer that ONLY dps?

That'll get them on my ignore list.

Please, please remember that people can queue for KDY and regular flashpoints at the same time. If they select two roles for a regular flashpoint, say if they are leveling dps but have field respec and will switch for a regular flashpoint, if they get a KDY pop, they are AUTOMATICALLY labelled as TANK OR HEALER. Never dps. Regardless of how they are currently spec'ed or geared.

So they load in thinking it's better to stay dps because it's KDY, especially because you can get a group with a couple of healers. Or they don't have field respec and queue by the vendor to swap if it's a reg FP.

Just ASK if they're planning to heal. Don't assume. And while they can throw an offheal, for something like a sage/sorc, it's just faster to kill everything.

It is just as fast to have a healer in the group as it is to have 4 dps. 4 dps have more down time in between fights because they have to heal up, whereas healer keeps the group topped off throughout all the engagements. The boss fights are considerably less chaotic and less likely that someone will die when you have a healer dedicating themselves to healing and using the healing terminal thing (forgot the name).

Healer doesn't have to heal full time, just offheal in emergencies. "Help a brother/sister out", and a dps that can offheal should help someone in an emergency rather than let them die.

Of course. I mean the FP isn't exactly difficult... BUT, a healer specced for healing and queueing as a healer that ONLY dps?

That'll get them on my ignore list.

Yes, I'm sure a DPS putting a levelling Healer on an ignore list is going to hurt the healer massively. :p

I took my Sorceror (with field respec) from 31 to 51 during the double-XP week; most of the time I was doing the storyline in Madness (DPS) spec, and when I queued, I queued for both roles for all types of FPs, not just KDY specifically. For the "regular" flashpoints, of which I did a fair number, I respec'd to full healing; any time KDY popped, I let the group know that I was in DPS spec, but that I would respec to heals if it became necessary. Not once did anyone complain about it, and it worked fine, especially since Force Storm + up-to-date gear = faster clearance than almost any other trash clearing ability that anyone in the group had. (I'd throw the odd bubble on if anyone got low on health, but really, unless someone managed to facepull a couple of packs, it really was not a problem).

(Of course, I had more problems with ranged operatives and powertechs, and others that managed to burn through their resource pool in no time flat and spent the rest of the fight resorting to basic attacks. In the regular flashpoints, I had "tanks" who didn't know what their tanking stance was, or thought that tanking meant hitting the strongest mob while ignoring everything else, but those are matters for a different thread).

If people queue as healer then of course they should make sure people are healed, that is the role selected so it should be fulfilled. Unless of course it is not needed in which case the healer should speak to the group and see if they would rather you mainly dps and just off heal as needed.

If there is no healer but dps specs that can off heal, it is considered polite to toss a few heals on someone if they need it. If a pure dps group struggles i usually ask if the dps that have heals can drop a bit of healing as needed. But do not expect dps with healing abilitys to heal, if you want dps off healing ask them if they can help out by doing so.

If your DPS sucks and you don't know how to interrupt, yes...heal. I expect players to actively participate in group activity by doing something they can do. If you can't DPS for crap, hit the heal terms like a pro.

Even in KDY.

^This!! If you queue as a healer you better damn well be specced for heals and you damn well better heal I don't care if it's a heroic, FP, or OP.If I'm the leader my rule is thus "if you don't do your job I'll drop you faster then a bag of dog ****" I find it rather fair myself if they're not doing their job then they're nothing but dead weight.

^This!! If you queue as a healer you better damn well be specced for heals and you damn well better heal I don't care if it's a heroic, FP, or OP.If I'm the leader my rule is thus "if you don't do your job I'll drop you faster then a bag of dog ****" I find it rather fair myself if they're not doing their job then they're nothing but dead weight.

Yea same here, i've had people in my group queue as heal and never healed, if you want to dps just queue as dps,its not hard lol.

Yes, I'm sure a DPS putting a levelling Healer on an ignore list is going to hurt the healer massively. :p

I took my Sorceror (with field respec) from 31 to 51 during the double-XP week; most of the time I was doing the storyline in Madness (DPS) spec, and when I queued, I queued for both roles for all types of FPs, not just KDY specifically. For the "regular" flashpoints, of which I did a fair number, I respec'd to full healing; any time KDY popped, I let the group know that I was in DPS spec, but that I would respec to heals if it became necessary. Not once did anyone complain about it, and it worked fine, especially since Force Storm + up-to-date gear = faster clearance than almost any other trash clearing ability that anyone in the group had. (I'd throw the odd bubble on if anyone got low on health, but really, unless someone managed to facepull a couple of packs, it really was not a problem).

(Of course, I had more problems with ranged operatives and powertechs, and others that managed to burn through their resource pool in no time flat and spent the rest of the fight resorting to basic attacks. In the regular flashpoints, I had "tanks" who didn't know what their tanking stance was, or thought that tanking meant hitting the strongest mob while ignoring everything else, but those are matters for a different thread).

I'm not putting him on ignore to make it harder for him to play.

I'm putting him on ignore to... you know... ignore him.

And what you described doing has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I'm talking about a healer, specced as a healer, with healer stance and healer gear, doing no healing at all... just dps'ing and ignoring injured/dying group members.

Even in KDY.

Pretty much this. If you're not going to heal, don't queue as one for KDY. It's as simple as that. If someone queued as a healer refuses to heal in KDY, I /ignore them.