Its back !

Loki_

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahahaha! I need one of those. Yesterday logged in for the 1st time in months, rerolled assault, no gear, forgot how to play game, naga too complokayted...

I know, right? I respecced to Pyro myself and it was glorious. Not quite as nice at it was before 2.0, but it sure isn't far off.

for people who always trying to find the reason for QQ nothing changes

http://i.imgur.com/h5mIqaT.jpg - 3 weeks ago, cant even say that pyro got huge buff or smth , but after last patch i see lots of vanguards/pt again :D

also you can check this thread and see that people were able to perform well without any buffs - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=629844&page=76

1 issue with high damage screenshots is often times, killing blows are low, so the damage is really pointless. this is most often times related to sage/sorc who think that they rock with 1.5mil dmg on novare when they had approximately 5 killing blows in 50 kills they took part in.

That said, I was playing Vanguard to get good with it in preparation for 2.8. My realization was that it was already good. Very good balanced range of dps (sustained and moderate burst) with the right about of survivability that my Sentinel could only dream of.

Have not gotten to play yet since 2.8, but Assault/Pyro is definitely an easier class to play. One trap with it though is that you can get caught spamming ion pulse a bit too much and ruin your rotation if you're easily distracted and/or noob with spec.

1 issue with high damage screenshots is often times, killing blows are low, so the damage is really pointless. this is most often times related to sage/sorc who think that they rock with 1.5mil dmg on novare when they had approximately 5 killing blows in 50 kills they took part in.

That said, I was playing Vanguard to get good with it in preparation for 2.8. My realization was that it was already good. Very good balanced range of dps (sustained and moderate burst) with the right about of survivability that my Sentinel could only dream of.

Have not gotten to play yet since 2.8, but Assault/Pyro is definitely an easier class to play. One trap with it though is that you can get caught spamming ion pulse a bit too much and ruin your rotation if you're easily distracted and/or noob with spec.

but as you can see those few killing blows bring victory

so

smash or pyro easier? time to decide :D

I was leveling my Vanguard currently to lvl 45 but I stopped. It's very repetitive and boring to play him. I have every other class in the game to lvl 55, but really that's pretty how you play, spam High Impact Bolt and Ion Pulse all day and run around. Eventually you die, rinse and repeat. I havent touched the character in months and he's still sitting on a stack of rested XP waiting for the time when they him fun to play. Edited by chosonman

while this may be true to an extent it is usually because of good healers on other team which is also true in his post from the 2 1mil+ and 2 at ~800k heals on other team...By doing all that dmg you are forcing their healers and possibly tanks to perform at a high lvl of play or lose...and many time they do for just that reason..it's almost never pointless dmg.

Also I have seen others and been one of the sorcs you speak of..did 1.6 mil+ and only got 2 kills...but the most anyone had was 5...never have I done that much dmg and got only 5 kills when other people were way higher than that (you said 50)..that just don't happen.

think of it like this..the only way I am doing so much dmg is because there is always someone in front of me to keep attacking...if i or the rest of the team had a high kill count then no way could you achieve those high numbers...

The low kill count and high dps output are directly related.

Edited by masih_ad_dajjal

Based on your screenshot, the healers brought victory :)

tbh i posted that screen just to show that pyro was pretty fine even without any buff, but 90% of players cant handle even 1k dps in wzs/arenas , they go here to QQ and devs listen them...

Lame... these dev guys don't know what else to do with the game anymore... I'm pretty sure this AC already provided the most output for the least input compared to all others before 2.8?... Everyone welcome the (unecessarily) improved iKeel u with 4 button cuz i'm pro... the 2.8 powertech!!1

yeeeee

:o

Edited by Seengularity

Lame... these dev guys don't know what else to do with the game anymore... I'm pretty sure this AC already provided the most output for the least input compared to all others before 2.8?... Everyone welcome the (unecessarily) improved iKeel u with 4 button cuz i'm pro... the 2.8 powertech!!1

yeeeee

:o

Hey! Drooling face-roller window-licking idiots want to feel like they're good at PVP too!

At least we know why the BW devs seem to like the spec so much.

PS: I effing told you all so.

Edited by Brunner_Venda

I know, right? I respecced to Pyro myself and it was glorious. Not quite as nice at it was before 2.0, but it sure isn't far off.

Here's my issue. I usually run tactics, but assault is so powerful now that there's no reason to run anything else.

I mean, you could play tactics, but you'll just get face rolled by the drooling three button pyro heroes with little effort on their part.

Buff AP/tactics because it's actually fun. Who cares about pyro/assault?

Edited by Brunner_Venda

Here's my issue. I usually run tactics, but assault is so powerful now that there's no reason to run anything else.

I mean, you could play tactics, but you'll just get face rolled by the drooling three button pyro heroes with little effort on their part.

Loads of people. And in ranked 4's I still think AP/Tactics will be the preferred spec just because of the AoE pressure and control (especially in groups of multiple AP PT's :cool:). So unless you tank tunnel I'd still run AP/tactics.

I played my PT as a full tank for around a year and only respecced to see how Pyros roll with the new buffs. I do just enough to get my dailies (no ranked, bad gear), but the joke will probably get old quite quick. I've chosen the specs I play for fun, but I respec most of my toons every now and then to see how other specs do (helps me counter them as well).

As for getting racerolled... Well, I still have no issues with Pyros on my more regular toons.

All I got out of this was "Assault got buffed so I'm going to jump on the Assault bandwagon instead of playing the spec I actually enjoy"

Reminds me of smashtards "Smash is so boring but I suck at Anni/Carnage/Vengeance so I'm just going to play Rage.

P.S Pyro never was never will be 3 button spec and if you'd like to think so Tactics is also 3 buttons, Retractable Blade, flameburst and flamethrower.

QQ on scrub.

Edited by eerinbastile

All I got out of this was "Assault got buffed so I'm going to jump on the Assault bandwagon instead of playing the spec I actually enjoy"

Reminds me of smashtards "Smash is so boring but I suck at Anni/Carnage/Vengeance so I'm just going to play Rage.

P.S Pyro never was never will be 3 button spec and if you'd like to think so Tactics is also 3 buttons, Retractable Blade, flameburst and flamethrower.

QQ on scrub.

You forgot immolate, rocket punch, and rail shot - the highest damage moves the spec has. Wow, you're almost as smart as the dev morons at biofail.

All in saying, is that it's zero fun getting face rolled by three button drooling idiots. When those people beat you, they aren't thinking about how overpowered their pyro spec is, they are laughing because you suck.

Fact is, no matter how good an AP player is, they aren't going to kill a good pyro. It won't *********** happen, period.

When I play pyro I can frequently take on two or three players. And win 1v2 and 1v3 fights. In fact, the best thing I can do with this spec is murder people with it until it gets nerfed into the dirt, then go back to Tactics.

Fact is, no matter how good an AP player is, they aren't going to kill a good pyro. It won't *********** happen, period.

When I play pyro I can frequently take on two or three players. And win 1v2 and 1v3 fights. In fact, the best thing I can do with this spec is murder people with it until it gets nerfed into the dirt, then go back to Tactics.

This is all true.