empty servers

sennama

Basically, you want to know if it is worth your time to grind gear and credits. If nothing interesting is coming in the future, why bother? I get it. I'd love it if they could talk openly about their hopes, dreams, and plans for the game. Unfortunately, many in the community can't handle that. Hopes become "promises," dreams become "plans," and plans become complaints. :D

Pretty much that :)

sometimes my eloquence is lost in my head.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to each their own, I suppose.

to me, personally, its not worth it if I'm not having fun right now. doesn't matter what awesome stuff is coming soon, I'll deal with it once its there. they still give a few weeks warning, which for me, is usually more then enough to decide if I wish to participate and prepare accordingly. /shrug

Basically, you want to know if it is worth your time to grind gear and credits. If nothing interesting is coming in the future, why bother? I get it. I'd love it if they could talk openly about their hopes, dreams, and plans for the game. Unfortunately, many in the community can't handle that. Hopes become "promises," dreams become "plans," and plans become complaints. :D

Well explained. ikinai isn't alone in that feeling either, her sentiment is shared by myself and plenty that I know.

And I'm not so sure about the community. I know what you're saying, but I think this community is much more forgiving and understanding than the community we had at launch. Worst case, they tell us something didn't work and explain why and I assure you that the vast majority of this community would completely understand. They may not be happy, but they'd understand.

Honestly if you're not having fun and care about the future, you should just take a break and keep an eye on news incase you get enticed again.

Stagnation doesn't mean we're not having fun...it means the game is stagnating with a lack of new content. The 3 "tactical" flashpoints offered nothing challenging, nor very desirable, and even the most casual of players is sporting 180 gear these days. You don't have to hate the game or be bored to see the reality of the servers lately...the effect of months of no content of value is taking its toll.

Stagnation doesn't mean we're not having fun...it means the game is stagnating with a lack of new content. The 3 "tactical" flashpoints offered nothing challenging, nor very desirable, and even the most casual of players is sporting 180 gear these days. You don't have to hate the game or be bored to see the reality of the servers lately...the effect of months of no content of value is taking its toll.

So, the new content isn't your particular cup of tea.

It's still new content.

It gets to the point where some of these threads end up sounding like my kids during summer break.

"WE'RE BORED!!!!"

"Then go outside and play."

"NO, IT'S HOT."

"Then go for a swim."

"WE DID THAT ALREADY, WE'RE BORED!!!!"

"Then play some video games."

"NO, THOSE ARE STUPID AND WE BEAT THEM ALREADY."

"....go find something to do, or I'll have you picking up twigs and sorting them from smallest to largest for the next six hours."

"YAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

It's still new content.

It gets to the point where some of these threads end up sounding like my kids during summer break.

"WE'RE BORED!!!!"

"NO, IT'S HOT."

"Then go for a swim."

"....go find something to do, or I'll have you picking up twigs and sorting them from smallest to largest for the next six hours."

"YAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

It was content that was unchallenging and fun to run through 3 times. That's what happens when it lacks any challenge and takes a step backwards in gear requirements.

I'm not your child. You must be a heck of a dad with that attitude though huh?

It's still new content.

"WE'RE BORED!!!!"

"NO, IT'S HOT."

"Then go for a swim."

"YAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

I'm saving this to share with everyone I know that has kids :D

It's still new content.

"WE'RE BORED!!!!"

"NO, IT'S HOT."

"Then go for a swim."

"YAY VIDEO GAMES!!!!"

ah yes marginalizing those questioning a paid service by comparing them with children. I notice none of your options were to actually do anything with your kids.

ah yes marginalizing those questioning a paid service by comparing them with children. I notice none of your options were to actually do anything with your kids.

I was JUST about to comment on that aspect. I can see him sitting in his chair playing SWTOR saying those things...

Being a father myself, my 1st suggestion was always "Let's go outside and play something".

When the basic complaint boils down to "I don't like the new content, the game sucks" that's the sort of response you get.

They can't even complain about a lack of content, so they simply whine about how they don't like the new content. And opinions are simply not worth addressing because they're personal in nature and not at all related to reality.

When the basic complaint boils down to "I don't like the new content, the game sucks" that's the sort of response you get.

They can't even complain about a lack of content, so they simply whine about how they don't like the new content. And opinions are simply not worth addressing because they're personal in nature and not at all related to reality.

you cannot ignore play styles for 6 months to a year an not expect those players not to complain

Lol I guess this explains why you usually post like the goofy adults that talks to other adults like they're their kids. I always wonder what's wrong with those folks.

Anyway, l'ma tell you about reality since you're not getting it. This game and forum are populated by individuals. Altruism exists but personal priorities prevail. That's perfectly normal and should be expected. If you think it's worthy of derision that's fine but who cares, you're just another individual amongst the rest.

Edited by Joesixxpack

It was content that was unchallenging and fun to run through 3 times. That's what happens when it lacks any challenge and takes a step backwards in gear requirements.

I'm not your child. You must be a heck of a dad with that attitude though huh?

If you mean a good Dad, then yes, I imagine he is.

you cannot ignore play styles for 6 months to a year an not expect those players not to complain

Sure you can, if those players are in the minority.

Not that many players actually do Ops you know*... especially not NiM ones.

So pumping out new ones faster than they do seems like a misuse of resources.

It's the same thing with PvP. Most players evidently only play PvP sparcely, if at all. For them the number of maps is quite adequate. But for hard-core PvP'ers who do it almost every day those maps are far too few and they complain about a lack of updates for PvP.

There's more to do in the game than just Ops you know.

*I'm talking percentages of the total player population here of course. 10% or even 1% of all the players in SW:TOR still counts as "plenty of players". Just not compared to the rest of the games population.

Sure you can, if those players are in the minority.

Not that many players actually do Ops you know*... especially not NiM ones.

So pumping out new ones faster than they do seems like a misuse of resources.

It's the same thing with PvP. Most players evidently only play PvP sparcely, if at all. For them the number of maps is quite adequate. But for hard-core PvP'ers who do it almost every day those maps are far too few and they complain about a lack of updates for PvP.

There's more to do in the game than just Ops you know.

*I'm talking percentages of the total player population here of course. 10% or even 1% of all the players in SW:TOR still counts as "plenty of players". Just not compared to the rest of the games population.

You don't have any real numbers and neither do I. So let's stay with perceived generalities.

If most players aren't doing Ops or PVP as big parts of their bread and butter experience, or working towards those things, what are they mostly doing?

You don't have any real numbers and neither do I. So let's stay with perceived generalities.

If most players aren't doing Ops or PVP as big parts of their bread and butter experience, or working towards those things, what are they mostly doing?

Leveling up to see the stories on the various planets or playing in GSF?

YIf most players aren't doing Ops or PVP as big parts of their bread and butter experience, or working towards those things, what are they mostly doing?

Great question! I'm anxious to hear the answer...

Everything else in the game? Leveling alts, making credits, farming mounts, achievements?

GSF? Farming Classic gear?

Role playing?

I mean, right now, I'm sitting here and it's 4pm on a Thursday and people are spamming for 16man SM TC and DP and DF on JC.

All I have to do is look at Gen Chat on my server and see that despite all the claims to the contrary, there's a lot of people in the game doing stuff all the time.

So, I don't know. Maybe that's why I can't take all these complaints seriously. They just fly in the face of simple observed reality.