empty servers

sennama

Sure you can, if those players are in the minority.

Not that many players actually do Ops you know*... especially not NiM ones.

So pumping out new ones faster than they do seems like a misuse of resources.

It's the same thing with PvP. Most players evidently only play PvP sparcely, if at all. For them the number of maps is quite adequate. But for hard-core PvP'ers who do it almost every day those maps are far too few and they complain about a lack of updates for PvP.

There's more to do in the game than just Ops you know.

*I'm talking percentages of the total player population here of course. 10% or even 1% of all the players in SW:TOR still counts as "plenty of players". Just not compared to the rest of the games population.

I do solo PVE story content which has seen very little content added outside of ROTHC.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooing your children off to the next thing makes a good dad in your mind? Huh...

I'll be generous and give you this one for free.

If you spoon-feed your kids activities to do, they'll never learn to find their own entertainment, nor figure out what 'they' personally prefer to do. You give them options, but you don't hand-hold them through the process.

Otherwise, you end up with 16 year old kids looking at you going "Entertain us."

God, now I know where all the 'this content sucks, we're bored' complainers are coming from.

Everything else in the game? Leveling alts, making credits, farming mounts, achievements?

GSF? Farming Classic gear?

Role playing?

I mean, right now, I'm sitting here and it's 4pm on a Thursday and people are spamming for 16man SM TC and DP and DF on JC.

All I have to do is look at Gen Chat on my server and see that despite all the claims to the contrary, there's a lot of people in the game doing stuff all the time.

So, I don't know. Maybe that's why I can't take all these complaints seriously. They just fly in the face of simple observed reality.

You named two Ops.... and I'm not asking if the game is dead or whatever, just my earlier question. I should clarify and say end-game. When leveling I don't see big player pops past homeworlds. Can't imagine that's keeping the majority engaged, particularly those that did all the different class stories already and whatever they wanted to replay for different options. Market-centric players are out there, but are they a big slice of the population?

If you spoon-feed your kids activities to do, they'll never learn to find their own entertainment, nor figure out what 'they' personally prefer to do. You give them options, but you don't hand-hold them through the process.

Otherwise, you end up with 16 year old kids looking at you going "Entertain us."

God, now I know where all the 'this content sucks, we're bored' complainers are coming from.

Yeah may be true for some. But I'd wager that most of the people posting here are adults throwing their work perspectives at this rather than spoiled brats.

you cannot ignore play styles for 6 months to a year an not expect those players not to complain

Of course they are allowed to complain, its what this area is for? however to complain there is no new content as most people do, then when it is pointed out there is new content they complain it is not what they want. Fair enough to say "they haven't done content I wanted", but that is all personal opinion, if the game isn't satisfying your needs and shows no plans too, why continue to give them your money? They are not appreciating you, teach them a lesson where it hurts.

Maybe it's best that they not be around someone who doesn't want them around? Maybe that DOES make him a good dad. :p

Don't mistake urging my kids to find their own entertainment with a desire to be apart from them. No parent wants to be away from their kids but we do what's best for them, not what makes us feel good.

Adults can be spoiled brats haha.

That's a fact. But I'm thinking more of an appreciation for planning and communication, well-calibrated fluff and hype detectors, etc., ad nauseum. Maybe that's a problem though with being an old **** playing video games.

Uh huh...that's a great excuse to not do anything with them. I've heard it from plenty of parents over the years who dropped their kids off while I coached them in sports and volunteered for everything I could.

Since both my children are beyond 16yrs of age, I can assure you that you're wrong.

I mean, right now, I'm sitting here and it's 4pm on a Thursday and people are spamming for 16man SM TC and DP and DF on JC.

All I have to do is look at Gen Chat on my server and see that despite all the claims to the contrary, there's a lot of people in the game doing stuff all the time.

So, I don't know. Maybe that's why I can't take all these complaints seriously. They just fly in the face of simple observed reality.

They just have an insatiable need to fly in faces. Has little to do with anything but racking up those post history counts to make it look like they've been here long enough to know what they're complaining about. Watching them choke on their own bull**** approaches GoT level entertainment value sometimes. Edited by GalacticKegger

Uh huh...that's a great excuse to not do anything with them. I've heard it from plenty of parents over the years who dropped their kids off while I coached them in sports and volunteered for everything I could.

Since both my children are beyond 16yrs of age, I can assure you that you're wrong.

That's awesome of you. Want a cookie?

Is it me, or do lots of these threads these days turn into pointless bickering and trying to "one up" , she said/he said things by the same people? That's what I've just been noticing anyway. Just keep it civil guys. No need to start getting steamed at anything.

You named two Ops.... and I'm not asking if the game is dead or whatever, just my earlier question. I should clarify and say end-game. When leveling I don't see big player pops past homeworlds. Can't imagine that's keeping the majority engaged, particularly those that did all the different class stories already and whatever they wanted to replay for different options. Market-centric players are out there, but are they a big slice of the population?

i notice that too the player numbers seem to drop off on the later planets.

Having worked with kids for nearly 20 years now, I can assure you that kids that grow up on scheduled activities have a much harder time figuring out things to do to entertain themselves than kids who don't.

Ideally they'd have a mix of both where they have some sheduled activities per week and the rest of the time they have to figure out on their own what to do (and not just computer games).

But then again, this forum isn't about raising kids even though plenty of forumites act like kids alot of the time.

So how about we get back to the subject at hand?

Are the servers empty? Is the game dying?

No and no.

If the Op wands a leg to stand on in this discussion, he'll have to map the population of his server for at least a month and not only by standing around on fleet all day. Hour-by-hour reports of the population on fleet and each planet and preferrably the different ship instances and warzones as well.

But he won't so there's no point discussing this anyway.