sennama

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... Loins. :p

did you two just have a moment? Save the ERP for in game :p

Wow!!! Brilliantly done sir. I'm sure the normal 5 defenders will come in and pretend you're wrong...but you're not! Great reply!!!

wont necessarily disagree, but won't say its all doom and gloom as many like to claim it is. I personally just find that I'm no longer 100% attached to this game as I used to be, mainly because I have found a better balance between in game and out of game life style. I think for people who have been here since launch 2.5 years is a long time in game. They can look at the % of chars who have completed the content even though not everyone with 14 alts will want to run everything on every one. I typically only do majority on 2 or 3 of my main chars, rest are basically crafters and only played for story.

so yes, there was a dry spell, but I wouldn't call it a full on drought and and of the game by any means. When you have a time line to keep people playing for 10 years...a 3 or 4 month gap in between is hardly note worthy.

wont necessarily disagree, but won't say its all doom and gloom as many like to claim it is. I personally just find that I'm no longer 100% attached to this game as I used to be, mainly because I have found a better balance between in game and out of game life style. I think for people who have been here since launch 2.5 years is a long time in game. They can look at the % of chars who have completed the content even though not everyone with 14 alts will want to run everything on every one. I typically only do majority on 2 or 3 of my main chars, rest are basically crafters and only played for story.

so yes, there was a dry spell, but I wouldn't call it a full on drought and and of the game by any means. When you have a time line to keep people playing for 10 years...a 3 or 4 month gap in between is hardly note worthy.

I'm not trying to be a downer or a doom and gloomer - I'm still here, which to me, is the biggest indication of how much I enjoy the game - I was just being honest about what I see as the reason for the declining pops.

And imo, those 3-4 month breaks can destroy a game. Once SWTOR is uninstalled, I won't be back.

I'm not trying to be a downer or a doom and gloomer - I'm still here, which to me, is the biggest indication of how much I enjoy the game - I was just being honest about what I see as the reason for the declining pops.

And imo, those 3-4 month breaks can destroy a game. Once SWTOR is uninstalled, I won't be back.

lol sure you won't.

I'm in the same boat quite honestly. Right now, I see absolute nothing in the horizon pulling me into the game, except for swapping mods back and forth between characters and companions.

With Galactic Strongholds and all, I was actually able to convince my girlfriend to check the game, seeing that she's a Sims nutty and Strongholds, plus the CM stuff, comes close to it. In a way.

Regardless, I don't have enough character slots on the Red Eclipse and changing servers is out of the question.

In other words, not only Bioware is not delivering enough content in a timely fashion, as far as I'm concerned, they're effectively shutting me off from the game, by not increasing the current character limit per server.

I even have to pay(!!!) for unlocking additional character slots, not to mention pay the sub(!!!) for my girlfriend to - theoretically - play with me. So... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Again, the mind boggles... Feels like this game is run by a 5-year old and his zoned out friend, plus their pet; Feels like there's no thinking here whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

so on a holiday there are only 250 people on imprerial fleet at 14:30?

is it bye bye Swtor?

Often on Holiday's people have better things to do than play games. Like go to the park and have a picnic with loved ones. Also Thursday seems like a strange day of the week to have a Holiday.

so on a holiday there are only 250 people on imprerial fleet at 14:30?

is it bye bye Swtor?

Who is going to sit around on Fleet all day for a headcount?

250 people, how many of those are just credit spammers / GTN bots? :p

Edited by Hoshkar

I'm in the same boat quite honestly. Right now, I see absolute nothing in the horizon pulling me into the game, except for swapping mods back and forth between characters and companions.

With Galactic Strongholds and all, I was actually able to convince my girlfriend to check the game, seeing that she's a Sims nutty and Strongholds, plus the CM stuff, comes close to it. In a way.

Regardless, I don't have enough character slots on the Red Eclipse and changing servers is out of the question.

In other words, not only Bioware is not delivering enough content in a timely fashion, as far as I'm concerned, they're effectively shutting me off from the game, by not increasing the current character limit per server.

I even have to pay(!!!) for unlocking additional character slots, not to mention pay the sub(!!!) for my girlfriend to - theoretically - play with me. So... WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

Again, the mind boggles... Feels like this game is run by a 5-year old and his zoned out friend, plus their pet; Feels like there's no thinking here whatsoever. :rolleyes:

It's exactly what I think has plagued Bioware since launch - a ridiculous amount of unnecessary secrecy and a complete lack of any sense of urgency. I don't get it at all.

It's exactly what I think has plagued Bioware since launch - a ridiculous amount of unnecessary secrecy and a complete lack of any sense of urgency. I don't get it at all.

I do get their strategy. In a word where Bioware had no competition whatsoever in the genre, it could work. Fortunately for us, there is competition out there and someone else has set the bar long ago.

The issue - IMHO - is that Bioware doesn't even try to set their own bar but do things, apparently at random.

2013 was a fairly good year but they did have the original stuff to work with, which was * cough * datamined * cough * ages(!!!) ago.

Unfortunately, that stuff is all but used, except for a thing or two.

Wow!!! Brilliantly done sir. I'm sure the normal 5 defenders will come in and pretend you're wrong...but you're not! Great reply!!!

....the guy you are quoting has a point but still.... did you really have to go there...

Edited by Sangrar

Was the second sentence really necessary TUXs?

Necessary? No. Accurate? Generally. I wasn't trying to start anything, just let him know that despite what the normal group of antagonists say to him, I believe he's accurate.

Necessary? No. Accurate? Generally. I wasn't trying to start anything, just let him know that despite what the normal group of antagonists say to him, I believe he's accurate.

As for me, I'm about as accurate as a stormtrooper. I couldn't hit the broadside of a Correllian Corvette.

As for me, I'm about as accurate as a stormtrooper. I couldn't hit the broadside of a Correllian Corvette.

It's Corellia. With only one "r". :p

EDIT:

Unless you're Darth Vowrawn. Or Lord Feros. Or any other character voiced by Tom Kane.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Some of us actually do **** and don't just stand on the fleet :eek:

Pretty much this... I might be on Fleet for a minute or two. If not I have a ship transport I use to skip loading that place if I can. Unless my storyline is sending me there, I avoid it. Bought all of the ship legacy unlocks as well. So if I need a GTN I can just use my ship.

I expect strongholds to make the Fleet population drop more as well.

Lots of games charge extra for character slots, even more just don't give you option to get any extra at all. Most of them provide far less than the 12 that this one does on top of it.