empty servers

sennama

we can have content rushed out and potentially buggy, or medium content with a moderate spread between and less buggy or large content with large gaps and hopefully well tested and non-game breaking (bugs happen but major things should be vetted).

rush stuff and introduce bugs get roasted on forums.

Take your time and do it well...get roasted on forums for taking to long.

Their boss' are bad enough going "is it done yet" every other day that we dont' need to add to it as well.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Necessary? No. Accurate? Generally. I wasn't trying to start anything, just let him know that despite what the normal group of antagonists say to him, I believe he's accurate.

antagonists? really man? do you see anyone who attacked Wicked at all? no because Wicked did not insult anyone or and was sane and civil with it, seriously, just bringing that "antagonist" stuff up is asking for trouble.

Necessary? No. Accurate? Generally. I wasn't trying to start anything, just let him know that despite what the normal group of antagonists say to him, I believe he's accurate.

Accurate or Inaccurate, I think we can refrain from using Labels and still have a decent conversation about things.

antagonists? really man? do you see anyone who attacked Wicked at all? no because Wicked did not insult anyone or and was sane and civil with it, seriously, just bringing that "antagonist" stuff up is asking for trouble.

Uh huh... But the antagonistic frequent-flyer types posting unsolicited form critiques and similar language is okee dokee. Get real mang.

Lots of games charge extra for character slots, even more just don't give you option to get any extra at all. Most of them provide far less than the 12 that this one does on top of it.

My issue is not the fact the game charges extra but rather the fact that the character limit per server feels random, to say the least.

The fact they always chose NOT to to address it rubs me the wrong way.

In other words, I could go about my business, swap mods once or twice a week and level another alt with someone else... Instead, I can't because Bioware does stuff at random.

I could go for my LV55's character but then again... What else is there new for me to do? Ohhhh yeahhhhhh, NiM DF and DP.

YAYYYYYYYYYY. What's next? World Peace? This

becomes the World's anthem?

Alas, I'm prone to ranting today it would seem. :(

"Content drought" is an understatement truth be told. :o

By this time, last year, we had gotten Makeb already, with CZ-198 on the way, plus Oricon by early October, not to mention that Makeb also(!) had Scum & Villainy.

Right now, we do know for sure that we won't have a single new(!!!) operation or flashpoint until mid-August and what did we get this year?

Two new Tactical Flashpoints who are not even new truth be told, seeing that they just reused that which was already available.

Good show, Bioware.

Also, I couldn't care less for WoW but I find it painful that the expansion for that game is named, dated and priced yet I know ZILCH about 3.0 or what's included in it.

Regardless, bring down the Wrath, naysayers. I IZ A TR0LL...!!!! ARGHHHH...!!! :rolleyes:

GSF? Huttball? Yes, the tactical flashpoints are new. You cannot discount them. Plus even more stuff coming later this year.

So, last year we got the big update at the beginning of the year. This year, we get it toward the end of the year. In between, we got a whole new gameplay mode, some events, new PvP map, FPs, and we're getting housing.

Yep, no content to see here. :rolleyes:

Then again, people only tend to see what they want to see. :confused:

What trouble? The usual suspects making the usual noise? Boring to read but hardly trouble.

GSF? Huttball? Yes, the tactical flashpoints are new. You cannot discount them. Plus even more stuff coming later this year.

GSF's launch was overstretched for a period covering three(!!!) whole months, not to mention that Bioware chose to discard(?) it for the time being in favor of something... We know little of, in addition to Galactic Strongholds.

I don't even know what you mean when you said Huttball, seeing that it's been around since... Almost forever.

So, last year we got the big update at the beginning of the year. This year, we get it toward the end of the year. In between, we got a whole new gameplay mode, some events, new PvP map, FPs, and we're getting housing.

You are confused.

They released content in a rather evenly fashion throughout the year, which is something they're definitely NOT doing now.

That's the point.

It's FAIRLY FREAKING OBVIOUS by now, until 2.9 rolls in, that nothing exciting is around the corner before then. :rolleyes:

Yep, no content to see here. :rolleyes:

Then again, people only tend to see what they want to see. :confused:

You're speaking about yourself, I take it.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm not trying to start anything - but if you perceive it that way, I'll stop. As I said, I was only trying to be supportive of the post Wicked had made.

Well you see now. Most people still actually do something on Memorial Day. A lot of people are off and they do this marvelous thing called "going outside"! I know, I know. It may be hard putting one leg in front of the other and actually setting foot outside :eek: But there ARE people who still do it.

Also, if this is going to be a topic to try and bait people out to have a bickering match about the population of the game, please don't do that. There have been people like you in the past that are unsuccessful at making intentional threads specifically designed for causing chaos.

The game is very health and nothing is going to close down. SWTOR will be around for a very, very long time. I hope you aren't thinking to yourself that it is going to shutdown because that's not even remotely the case here. Remember, everybody isn't always on the game 24/7 and it's not their life. Yes, there are lots of people who do nothing else but SWTOR but some people have things to do, people to see, places to go. Especially on holidays.

Don't over analyze it. SWTOR is a great game with great people and lots of things to do. It's not going anywhere.

From Tatooine, there can come one of two things: Dem Jawa or moisture farmers. Which one be you, little girl?

I'm pretty sure I ain't no jawa. One of these days I might actually find the swoop track on Tatooine, so'ns I can race my wompratrod swoopster.

I'm not trying to start anything - but if you perceive it that way, I'll stop. As I said, I was only trying to be supportive of the post Wicked had made.

ok thanks, no offense to you or anything but I have had enough of that stuff after the last week and a half

I'm pretty sure I ain't no jawa. One of these days I might actually find the swoop track on Tatooine, so'ns I can race my wompratrod swoopster.

I read dem sand people are normally pretty darn secretive of dem hollers. You take it easy darrrrr... We wouldn't want you to end up like a silly scruffy Nerf between dem Krayt Dragons, rai-ghhtt? :cool:

I read dem sand people are normally pretty darn secretive of dem hollers. You take it easy darrrrr... We wouldn't want you to end up like a silly scruffy Nerf between dem Krayt Dragons, rai-ghhtt? :cool:

Woah, woah, woah. Who are you calling a nerf? I'll have you know that I know people who know people, okay?

ok thanks, no offense to you or anything but I have had enough of that stuff after the last week and a half

I understand :)

Back on topic...we're in the middle of a severe content drought. As Sarfux says, a lotta stuff is coming, but because of the extreme secrecy Bioware has, there's no anticipation, no excitement, no hype, no speculation...which isn't good.

We could use a NON-vague 'roadmap' that tells us what we can expect this year. Not "more fun stuff planned", specifics...like even GSH - we don't know jack about it. Nothing about how it's decorated, nothing about how they work...or guild ships...or this end of the year thing...This game could use some excitement in lieu of content...at least then, we'd know what the hell we're waiting for.

Bioware needs to stop treating this MMO like it's a freaking birthday party and more like it is what it is, entertainment!!!

They released content in a rather evenly fashion throughout the year, which is something they're definitely NOT doing now.

No, they just aren't releasing the content that YOU want. Get it straight. We've been getting regular updates. Sorry they don't all cater to your particular fancy, but that's life, dude.

I understand :)

Back on topic...we're in the middle of a severe content drought. As Sarfux says, a lotta stuff is coming, but because of the extreme secrecy Bioware has, there's no anticipation, no excitement, no hype, no speculation...which isn't good.

We could use a NON-vague 'roadmap' that tells us what we can expect this year. Not "more fun stuff planned", specifics...like even GSH - we don't know jack about it. Nothing about how it's decorated, nothing about how they work...or guild ships...or this end of the year thing...This game could use some excitement in lieu of content...at least then, we'd know what the hell we're waiting for.

Bioware needs to stop treating this MMO like it's a freaking birthday party and more like it is what it is, entertainment!!!

Feel free to do what most other people here do: Invent what you expect them to release and then act all mad when that's not what they do. :p

No, they just aren't releasing the content that YOU want. Get it straight. We've been getting regular updates. Sorry they don't all cater to your particular fancy, but that's life, dude.

I don't even remember stating which content I wanted truth be told, if any but rather the LACK OF CONTENT OVERALL, compared to 2013.

In other words - yet again - you're confused.

Also, more character slots is "not content" and that's actually the only thing you can accuse(?) me of asking for.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

and with Wildstar coming out this weekend, swtor will be even worse. Many will go play that until housing or whatever it is they will dump on us here in Aug, but i bet it gets pushed back again. Thats how they make more money of the subs. Give us some lame pet for being subbed on such date, whatever.

I don't even remember stating which content I wanted truth be told, if any but rather the LACK OF CONTENT OVERALL, compared to 2013.

Also, more character slots is "not content" and that's actually the only thing you can accuse(?) me of asking for.

If we hit December and the released content isn't as plentiful as it was in 2013, then you've got grounds to complain.

But, complaining that we haven't gotten as much content in 2014 as we did in 2013...and we're not even halway through 2014...is disingenuous. Honestly, you're jumping the gun.

After all, we 'all' already know that we've got two expansions coming in the second half of 2014, so why freak out over the lack of content right 'now'? Am I the only one who recognizes that all MMOs have their slow periods where they're coasting down from one expansion to the next? Is this shocking to some people? Are they not aware of how the MMO system works when it comes to expansions and content release?

Do I need to break out the diagrams?

I think a good idea would be to remove the cap on characters and not have to get unlocks for it.