empty servers

sennama

I don't even remember stating which content I wanted truth be told, if any but rather the LACK OF CONTENT OVERALL, compared to 2013.

In other words - yet again - you're confused.

Also, more character slots is "not content" and that's actually the only thing you can accuse(?) me of asking for.

Again, sorry you're not getting what you want. But, as stated previously, we ARE getting content. There is no way to dispute that. It may not be as much as you want. It may not be as much as I want. But it has still been steadily trickling out, as it always has. And the second half of this year seems like it will pick up the pace.

Patience.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we hit December and the released content isn't as plentiful as it was in 2013, then you've got grounds to complain.

No disrespect but I fail to see who made you Deacon to establish the guidelines when it comes to whatever criticism I may - or may not - throw around, concerning how Bioware runs the game.

But, complaining that we haven't gotten as much content in 2014 as we did in 2013...and we're not even halway through 2014...is disingenuous. Honestly, you're jumping the gun.

You are confused.

I merely pointed out that by this time, in 2013 we had gotten Makeb, which included S&V. By August, we got CZ-198 which consisted of two Flashpoints and one new daily area.

Right now, we do know that before 2.9 hits, nothing truly NEW - outside a one-click kind of event - will be introduced in the meantime.

In other words - yet again - I fail to see how I'm possibly doing a disservice(?) by comparing specific time periods of this game's life.

After all, we 'all' already know that we've got two expansions coming in the second half of 2014, so why freak out over the lack of content right 'now'? Am I the only one who recognizes that all MMOs have their slow periods where they're coasting down from one expansion to the next? Is this shocking to some people? Are they not aware of how the MMO system works when it comes to expansions and content release?

I know absolutely nothing, because Bioware chooses not to share whatever plans it may have for the game in advance, most likely because they're not entirely sure if they can deliver the goods.

That's not good in my book, especially when compared to that behemoth named WoW, which - BTW(!) - has an expansion named, dated and priced I believe.

TOR doesn't have a single(!!!) one of those. Achievement unlocked?

Do I need to break out the diagrams?

You only need to be less condescending towards others who think differently; It may be hard but it would do you good.

Again, sorry you're not getting what you want. But, as stated previously, we ARE getting content. There is no way to dispute that. It may not be as much as you want. It may not be as much as I want. But it has still been steadily trickling out, as it always has. And the second half of this year seems like it will pick up the pace.

Patience.

Patience comes with a price. In this case, my price is disclosure, which Bioware pretty much fails to address. How is even possible that we know absolutely NOTHING about 3.0 by now?

Makeb was officially unveiled almost a full year(!) before it was finally released. I sincerely don't understand, nor have I heard of any other MMO who adheres to this kind of cloak-and-dagger BS.

Not that I'm that knowledgeable in the subject anyway. :p

I think a good idea would be to remove the cap on characters and not have to get unlocks for it.

That would be asking too much, Reno. :o

No disrespect but I fail to see who made you Deacon to establish the guidelines when it comes to whatever criticism I may - or may not - throw around, concerning how Bioware runs the game.

You are confused.

I merely pointed out that by this time, in 2013 we had gotten Makeb, which included S&V. By August, we got CZ-198 which consisted of two Flashpoints and one new daily area.

Right now, we do know that before 2.9 hits, nothing truly NEW - outside a one-click kind of event - will be introduced in the meantime.

In other words - yet again - I fail to see how I'm possibly doing a disservice(?) by comparing specific time periods of this game's life.

I know absolutely nothing, because Bioware chooses not to share whatever plans it may have for the game in advance, most likely because they're not entirely sure if they can deliver the goods.

That's not good in my book, especially when compared to that behemoth named WoW, which - BTW(!) - has an expansion named, dated and priced I believe.

TOR doesn't have a single(!!!) one of those. Achievement unlocked?

You only need to be less condescending towards others who think differently; It may be hard but it would do you good.

No one made me anything, but if you sit at the halfway mark and complain about how you're not getting as much as you did over the length of the entire previous year, no one's going to take you seriously. Why should they?

Also, screw WoW. They're probably the 'worst' MMO producer out there right now. They released their last patch in September of 2013 and haven't released ANYTHING ELSE OF ANY KIND since then and have said that they won't be releasing ANYTHING ELSE OF ANY KIND until a couple of months before their winter-release of their next expansion.

In short, they're making their players go a full year without any new content of any kind whatsoever. Nothing. At all. And that's at 'least' a year.

Compared to WoW, TOR is a frickin content-releasing machine.

Also, you're being ridiculous when you suggest that BW is hedging its bets regarding content release. Ridiculous. As in, not worth taking seriously.

I say this so that you can maybe dial back the rhetoric and maybe not be written off as a Chicken Little.

You know I really enjoy this game and I really don't like to give more ammunition to certain flamestarters that we had a over a couple weeks but as much as it does pain me to say it, I have seen a bit drop in population of the Harbinger since a certain other a game that shall not me named, I think most in part because of the lack of substantial content updates

I am content at the moment, but I understand why some people are frustrated right now and maybe leaving for greener pastures. Bioware needs to give out more of its content in a shorter time period, even if that means releasing in smaller chunks at a time. This game certainly isn't in maintenance mode like others but they need to get out their content more quickly to keep more people entertained.

While I did really like that Bioware was adding more content to the official housing package that included, I can't really say I wasn't disappointed that I would no longer going to be able to access that feature by mid June and instead in August, when my current subscription ends and I have to go back to college.

While I'm not typically a raider, it did really saddens me to see that even some people that would have normally defended Bioware frankly very frustrated that Bioware hasn't put out a new raid yet with no mention of a new raid in sight and I really can't blame them.

PVP doesn't need any new content because all they need to have is something to kill.

kidding :p

I play fairly often and while I do really enjoy huttball, including the new map, I really think that Bioware needs to come up with some new objective based PVP maps, not just some deathmatch PVP and one huttball map. I don't speak for anyone aside from myself but I don't really enjoy arenas that much.

Edited by Nickious

No one made me anything, but if you sit at the halfway mark and complain about how you're not getting as much as you did over the length of the entire previous year, no one's going to take you seriously. Why should they?

That made no sense at all.

Also, I'm not complaining but merely objectively pointing out that which is absolutely FACTUAL.

Certain content was released within a certain time frame in 2013... On the other hand, certain kind of content was not released within a certain time frame in 2014.

^^ Please explain how the above is incorrect or - in your own words - "complaining", since you had the chance to do so but chose not to.

Also, screw WoW. They're probably the 'worst' MMO producer out there right now. They released their last patch in September of 2013 and haven't released ANYTHING ELSE OF ANY KIND since then and have said that they won't be releasing ANYTHING ELSE OF ANY KIND until a couple of months before their winter-release of their next expansion.

I'll ignore whatever you have to say about other MMO's, seeing that you have this uncanny ability to see the absolute worse in them all, except in TOR.

Wildstar is another case in point it would seem, judging from your post history.

Regardless, my point remains: Latest expansion for WoW is named, priced and dated for the most part. Can the same be said for TOR? Absolutely not.

In short, they're making their players go a full year without any new content of any kind whatsoever. Nothing. At all. And that's at 'least' a year.

Compared to WoW, TOR is a frickin content-releasing machine.

More like "was", if 2014 is supposed to be the shape of things to come. Again, 2013 was a fairly solid year; 2014? Disappointing to say the least.

Also, you're being ridiculous when you suggest that BW is hedging its bets regarding content release. Ridiculous. As in, not worth taking seriously.

I say this so that you can maybe dial back the rhetoric and maybe not be written off as a Chicken Little.

I care little for labels.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Makeb was officially unveiled almost a full year(!) before it was finally released.

Yeah. And that sure went smoothly, eh? :eek: I don't blame them for waiting. This community has a way of distorting facts over time. If the big update isn't dropping until December or so, I wouldn't put out details until after the summer update (GSH). It would only cause confusion and disappointment to do it that way.

Yeah. And that sure went smoothly, eh? :eek: I don't blame them for waiting. This community has a way of distorting facts over time. If the big update isn't dropping until December or so, I wouldn't put out details until after the summer update (GSH). It would only cause confusion and disappointment to do it that way.

This thread is a prime example of why the Dev have learned to keep their cards close to the vest.

Edited by Infernixx

And the +30c weather we are having is surely not affection the server pop atm at all...

Yes there is a slight dip in the Summer months. However I've noticed that the JC population feels much lighter than the same time last year. Where there would normally be three solidly populated Fleet instances around 6-7pm Eastern, now there's two. Sometimes a lightly populated (9-50) 3rd. A similar observation can be made on the starter worlds. DK had one instance of 60 people in the mornings over the weekend where last year there would be at least two with well over 100 each.

This thread is a prime example of why the Dev have learned to keep their cards close to the vest.

Actually this thread to me, is a prime example of why they should be more forthcoming with information. I haven't logged into SWtOR in almost two weeks cause it is quite boring and I see nothing of value on the horizon to keep me playing. Perhaps if I had more clarity on what was to come I'd be more inclined to want to play.

I think a good idea would be to ... and not have to get unlocks for [additional toons beyond 12].

Disagree. Altaholics need something to slow them down a little, it makes the addiction easier to resist.

I know of what I speak. ;)

Edited by BuriDogshin

Welps, in Germany it's a holiday today, but one on which particularly the menfolks traditionally have "better" things to do than play a video game. :D .

...I take it you've been running across town with a cart full of booze, then? :D

Disagree. Altaholics need something to slow them down a little, it makes the addiction easier to resist.

I know of what I speak. ;)

Addiction is a good thing, right? Wait, maybe I should go ask the doctor down the hall from my office, I'm sure a psychologist could answer that for me. Ah, who am I kidding, of course it's good for me.

We get new stuff on June 10th and we are nearly there ;) so I think even if there are less players currently online, I expect them to come back at this date to experience the new content. And during summer time with vacations you can expect to have a drop in player numbers on the servers too - but that does not mean that they won't play anymore.

So relax ;)

Actually this thread to me, is a prime example of why they should be more forthcoming with information. I haven't logged into SWtOR in almost two weeks cause it is quite boring and I see nothing of value on the horizon to keep me playing. Perhaps if I had more clarity on what was to come I'd be more inclined to want to play.

So, more info on stuff that isn't in game yet would be enough to entice you to play content in the here and now.

gamer logic.

Not gamer logic, informed consumer logic.

err... not really seeing how its logical.

content on a horizon is not content that's in here now. knowing what's coming later doesn't mean anything in game right now changes in any way. if you are not having fun with current content.. how would knowing what's coming later, make it suddenly fun? its still the same content.

so on a holiday there are only 250 people on imprerial fleet at 14:30?

is it bye bye Swtor?

Oh sorry man. I was busy paying my respect to those soldiers who have died by attending a ceremony at the local VA.

Afterwards, I attended a BBQ & Swimming Pool party. ;)

err... not really seeing how its logical.

content on a horizon is not content that's in here now. knowing what's coming later doesn't mean anything in game right now changes in any way. if you are not having fun with current content.. how would knowing what's coming later, make it suddenly fun? its still the same content.

Because, it let's me know what is coming. How it relates to what is currently in the game. It let's me know if what I am currently playing is tied into the next part being released. Knowing what is going to be released also can keep me into the game enough to continue playing the current content and it can let me know how long until said new content will be available. Now I realize most players aren't mature enough to handle that type of information, I on the other hand as a developer can handle it. For me personally it is worth it to know ahead of time what is going on. others can't handle it, I get that. But for me personally, if you haven't realized this yet I speak only for myself here, it is worth knowing and will keep me excited enough to continue playing the current content if I have an idea of what is to come.

Because, it let's me know what is coming. How it relates to what is currently in the game. It let's me know if what I am currently playing is tied into the next part being released. Knowing what is going to be released also can keep me into the game enough to continue playing the current content and it can let me know how long until said new content will be available. Now I realize most players aren't mature enough to handle that type of information, I on the other hand as a developer can handle it. For me personally it is worth it to know ahead of time what is going on. others can't handle it, I get that. But for me personally, if you haven't realized this yet I speak only for myself here, it is worth knowing and will keep me excited enough to continue playing the current content if I have an idea of what is to come.

Basically, you want to know if it is worth your time to grind gear and credits. If nothing interesting is coming in the future, why bother? I get it. I'd love it if they could talk openly about their hopes, dreams, and plans for the game. Unfortunately, many in the community can't handle that. Hopes become "promises," dreams become "plans," and plans become complaints. :D