empty servers

sennama

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the game is dead. As dead as it has been for the past 2 years everytime when someone asks "is the game dead?" ...

When do people learn that some few hours / a day or 2 of not-super-mega-high activity does NOT mean that an online-game is dead?

I play a browsergame since 10 years now, and yeh....still running, even tho it was pronounced dead ca. once per week at peak-time...

so on a holiday there are only 250 people on imprerial fleet at 14:30?

is it bye bye Swtor?

LOLWUT ? 150 people are about the highest number on Vanjervalis Chain in the evenings ! I have hardly ever seen the 200 being reached ... And you call this a "dead game" ?

And 14:30 of your local time ... People won't be having meals, do they ?

Which holiday? it is a normal day (work, school,...) where I am from.

Germany, for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Ascension

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Which holiday? it is a normal day (work, school,...) where I am from.

Welps, in Germany it's a holiday today, but one on which particularly the menfolks traditionally have "better" things to do than play a video game. :D (Not sure what kind of dent the absence of that group would make in the server populations, though.)

is it bye bye Swtor?

Especially in spring and summer I wouldn't equal a holiday with an increased server population. If the weather is fine, many engage in other activities, enjoying a day with their families and friends...

Edited by KyaniteD

LOLWUT ? 150 people are about the highest number on Vanjervalis Chain in the evenings ! I have hardly ever seen the 200 being reached ... And you call this a "dead game" ?

And 14:30 of your local time ... People won't be having meals, do they ?

Germany, for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feast_of_the_Ascension

well there are multiple instances there used to be 4 or 5, but now there are only 2, 1 with 160 and one with 90 so the server pop is going down.

It's holiday in all protestant christian based nations like Germany/Sweden/Norway/Denmark. I think it's called Ascension Day according to the bible.

Yes, it is. I had put a link to an Wikipedia entry about it in my above post.

well there are multiple instances there used to be 4 or 5, but now there are only 2, 1 with 160 and one with 90 so the server pop is going down.

On VC, 2 instances are rare - except in full holidays ( I mean weeks ) , and I don't remember having ever seen 3 ( I play for a little bit more than 1 year now ). Maybe when GSF came, but I don't remember anymore.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Whatever, since f2p and server merges on evenings you can get up 3, maybe occasionally 4 fleet instances. That's still the case on my server. So I don't see a population drop.

But if you want to believe the game is dying because there are less people on an afternoon than usually in the evenings, just on one day where you expect everybody with a day of to go play thegame...well, enjoy your sad life.

is it bye bye Swtor?

yup, i'm sure those 2 or 3 other instances would probably agree with the same thing. Dead, done, pushing up daisies, cease to exist, it is no more. Now if someone can point me to the server at ipswitch

is it bye bye Swtor?

excuse me, could you tell us the name of the server you are on? We just want to know

Edited by Sangrar

Why do some people always equate holiday with "let's go play a computer game!!"???

Especially in the summer months, many people are going to be using holidays to spend time with family, and/or *gasp* going outside.

Why do some people always equate holiday with "let's go play a computer game!!"???

Especially in the summer months, many people are going to be using holidays to spend time with family, and/or *gasp* going outside.

yeah I notice on holidays there are actually less people online due to them being out doing holiday stuff

Really? Because as I stated earlier, I think there's more people on there recently. What times do you usually log in?

the red eclipse is doing fine just ignore the troll.

Edited by amona

Stagnation. GSF was spread out over 3 "patches" and GSH will be as well. We're in the midst's of a content drought.

"Content drought" is an understatement truth be told. :o

By this time, last year, we had gotten Makeb already, with CZ-198 on the way, plus Oricon by early October, not to mention that Makeb also(!) had Scum & Villainy.

Right now, we do know for sure that we won't have a single new(!!!) operation or flashpoint until mid-August and what did we get this year?

Two new Tactical Flashpoints who are not even new truth be told, seeing that they just reused that which was already available.

Good show, Bioware.

Also, I couldn't care less for WoW but I find it painful that the expansion for that game is named, dated and priced yet I know ZILCH about 3.0 or what's included in it.

Regardless, bring down the Wrath, naysayers. I IZ A TR0LL...!!!! ARGHHHH...!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked