Turn off expertise from non wz areas!

obeahtremere

Hello

I am writing because I am already tired. "Bioware" Why PvP servers have low population? Most players on PVP servers only play PVE and it is humiliating as some rookie for example operativ with PVP gear waiting for you without any achivment of operation. in the process of doing daily quests. Acquiring equipment PVE with hardmode and nightmare is far more difficult than to farm warzones. I have talked with many people about this, many supports this idea. Even with the whole set of nightmare can not compete with expertise., Do it so that expertise to work only in the warzone plz?

PPL plz reply what do u think about it

Most players on PVP servers only play PVE

what? just...what? :confused:

anyway, here is the thing, ITS A PVP SERVER. What makes a pvp server different from the other servers is that it is pvp oriented and that any time you meet a player in open world, you can kill them, or vice versa, and when you join a pvp server you are given warning that this can happen, which means upon joining a PVP server you consent to that risk. It might be ok to turn off expertise in non pvp areas on PVE SERVERS but on a PVP server PVP GEAR should take precedence in player vs player combat under any and all circumstances. There is no way that in open world pvp on a pvp server that pve gear should take precedence over pvp gear. ever.

that nightmare gear is best for nightmare mode ops, you cannot do nightmare mode ops with pvp gear its not good enough. There is your tradeoff.

Edited by Sangrar

How about turn off raiding stats when attacking player?

Some rookie for example with PVE gear waiting for you without any achivment of PVP.

Do it so that raiding gear only in operation plz?

Hello

I am writing because I am already tired. "Bioware" Why PvP servers have low population? Most players on PVP servers only play PVE and it is humiliating as some rookie for example operativ with PVP gear waiting for you without any achivment of operation. in the process of doing daily quests. Acquiring equipment PVE with hardmode and nightmare is far more difficult than to farm warzones. I have talked with many people about this, many supports this idea. Even with the whole set of nightmare can not compete with expertise., Do it so that expertise to work only in the warzone plz?

I think it's working as intended. If it's so easy to farm PVP gear, just do it and wear that when you are in the open world and put on your raid gear when you are actually in an operation or flashpoint.

On PvP servers, it makes no sense.

However, I would argue for a system that would made a high end OPS gear (NiM/HM) equal to PvP gear in effectiveness in OWPvP. I want to PvE, so I put my PvE gear on. But, then I get attacked by PvP (which is fine) and get roflstomped in my HM/NiM gear which makes me sad. And PvEing in PvP gear (which I have, so it is not that I am lazy to acquire it) as a preventative measure seems pretty stupid to me...

On PvP servers, it makes no sense.

However, I would argue for a system that would made a high end OPS gear (NiM/HM) equal to PvP gear in effectiveness in OWPvP. I want to PvE, so I put my PvE gear on. But, then I get attacked by PvP (which is fine) and get roflstomped in my HM/NiM gear which makes me sad. And PvEing in PvP gear (which I have, so it is not that I am lazy to acquire it) as a preventative measure seems pretty stupid to me...

On PvP servers in makes all the sense.

The point of expertise is to create a grind for the PvPers. If you can PvP in the open world, then it makes sense that PvP gear would be important. I always do non instanced PvE in my PvP gear, it's not difficult at all and definitely a good precaution to take in PvP environment. When I raid, the PvE gear goes on because... well... It's a PvE setting. :)

The point: PvE gear is better in PvE settings. PvP gear is better in PvP settings. Working as intended.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

Hello

Even with the whole set of nightmare can not compete with expertise., Do it so that expertise to work only in the warzone plz?

That would make the strongest raid players the best PvPers by a long shot...not only would you be king of NPC killing, you'd also be able to attack any player you see without any fear. There would literally be NO challenge left for you in the game if this were the case.

The way it's set-up, you need to choose which one you wear. If you're truly a good player, your 186 rated PvE gear will give more than enough of a stat advantage over 162 PvP gear that you should do fine. When I do anything in the open world (Oricon, CZ, BH, SecX etc.) I always wear my PvP gear. I kill NPCs slower, but I can hold my own against any player.

However...I'd be 100% fine with top tier PvP gear being equal to second tier PvE gear and then making Expertise a less meaningful stat.

On PvP servers in makes all the sense.

The point of expertise is to create a grind for the PvPers. If you can PvP in the open world, then it makes sense that PvP gear would be important. I always do non instanced PvE in my PvP gear, it's not difficult at all and definitely a good precaution to take in PvP environment. When I raid, the PvE gear goes on because... well... It's a PvE setting. :)

The point: PvE gear is better in PvE settings. PvP gear is better in PvP settings. Working as intended.

But PvP gear is more effective(relative to PvE gear) in OWPVP then it is in warzones.

We can agree bolster in PvP or PvE is not good.

Well in regards to expertise benefits in OWPVP, bolster and the corresponding warzone-centric adjustments to the expertise stat caused expertise from pvp gear to be far higher(and consequently far more powerful) in OWPVP than it was previously. And expertise vs non-expertise was already pretty good before. 1v1 is no contest and 2v1s are usually still pretty easy.

Well in regards to expertise benefits in OWPVP, bolster and the corresponding warzone-centric adjustments to the expertise stat caused expertise from pvp gear to be far higher(and consequently far more powerful) in OWPVP than it was previously. And expertise vs non-expertise was already pretty good before. 1v1 is no contest and 2v1s are usually still pretty easy.

Indeed, which makes the reason for getting PvP gear if you wish to participate in WPvP that much more critical. But this is not something I expect BW will change.

Hello

This thread, the contents within...

These are not the comments you're looking for.

The sympathy forum is --------------->>> thataway.

That would make the strongest raid players the best PvPers by a long shot...not only would you be king of NPC killing, you'd also be able to attack any player you see without any fear. There would literally be NO challenge left for you in the game if this were the case.

The way it's set-up, you need to choose which one you wear. If you're truly a good player, your 186 rated PvE gear will give more than enough of a stat advantage over 162 PvP gear that you should do fine. When I do anything in the open world (Oricon, CZ, BH, SecX etc.) I always wear my PvP gear. I kill NPCs slower, but I can hold my own against any player.

However...I'd be 100% fine with top tier PvP gear being equal to second tier PvE gear and then making Expertise a less meaningful stat.

^I have no problem with this. Either that or, just overall bringing expertise down such that top PVP + Expertise (only slightly >) top PVE.

There's really no reason to have that level of disparity for disparity's sake. They've made it so high that even top PVE gear needs expertise put on it just to be equal to second-best PVP gear. So, why not remove that amount of expertise across the board?

Edited by MillionsKNives

remove raids and pve gear from PvP Servers!.....

well any open world pve content can be done in PvP gear. dont blame your opponent if he beats your "oh look iam so imba in my 40khlt raid gear wherein 1 shoot any mob" arse :D

Bolster OWPvP too, problem solved *runs away*

Just kidding ofc

Or just lose the PVP stat crutch altogether. A good PVP player should be able to beat a PVE player of equal gear and level every time, without Expertise because one is skilled in fighting players and the other is not. My problem with Expertise is this, if you have full PVP gear and attack someone in full PVE gear, you're going to win almost certainly. So what really beat them, skill or Expertise?

Or just lose the PVP stat crutch altogether. A good PVP player should be able to beat a PVE player of equal gear and level every time, without Expertise because one is skilled in fighting players and the other is not. My problem with Expertise is this, if you have full PVP gear and attack someone in full PVE gear, you're going to win almost certainly. So what really beat them, skill or Expertise?

Expertise is there to create a grind for the PvPers nothing more in my opinion. many games do it and I've never been a fan of the "I got farmed and now it's your turn." mentality with these games. PvP should be player vs player, not player vs gear. But oh well, once you get the gear it will be what consider even PvP lol.

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

As long as PvP gear is brought up to the same stat level as PvE gear, this is 100% fine (and preferred) by me. We don't need 186 gear, but 180 from PvP would be ideal imo.

As long as PvP gear is brought up to the same stat level as PvE gear, this is 100% fine (and preferred) by me. We don't need 186 gear, but 180 from PvP would be ideal imo.

I think it would be nice if gear didn't matter for warzones, and it were possible to get something like you're suggesting with PvP comms. I mean its already available through PvE comms from non-operations activities. And PvPers do dailies too(for which its nice to have good gear).

Why should a pvp player who has spent hours in pvp farming comms for their gear not have an advantage in a pvp scenario over a pve player in pve gear?

Why should a pve player who has spent hours in pve farming comms for their gear not have an advantage in a pve scenario over a pvp player in pvp gear?