GSF Season 1: Where is my Rancor mount for being a loyal GSF Player? :)

Snarrf

GSF is the biggest misallocation of resources in the game's history. I literally tried the demo/practice mode for a whole 30-45 seconds and have not touched it since. The introductory mission for GSF is still in my mission log.

Thanks,

-Seeng @Bastion

I'm glad you spent enough time on the game to judge it properly. I mean how can we NOT take the word of someone who didn't even start a game, let alone played under a minute of the tutorial? You've clearly given the game more than a fair shake. What can we ask from someone who makes such high quality and justified decisions. Not having any experience to draw from whatsoever is often the best way to make an informed decision, and it's one I salute you for!

Ahhh, the epitomy of ignorance

Deducing that this thread must have been moved from the PvP forums to the GSF forums by a helpful moderator (thank you!), I can only sit back and marvel at what "real" PvPers seem to think of us.

GSF is for ultra-casual players, which happen to be the target audience.

GSF is the biggest misallocation of resources in the game's history...

...it is impossible for me to care less than complete and total indifference except that it drained resources that could have been used to improve PvP.

So. What greedy children we are. Hmm.

Deducing that this thread must have been moved from the PvP forums to the GSF forums by a helpful moderator (thank you!), I can only sit back and marvel at what "real" PvPers seem to think of us.

As someone who frequents both the PvP and GSF forums, you would be correct. I think the attitude comes from the hardcore crowd that's has been jaded about everything.

Although that one guy had a point when he said no PvP'er does GSF. Which is nominally true, it seems like th GSF crowd was drawn almost exclusively from the established PvE circles rather than the PvP ones.

Attention negative ground PvP people:

1.) **** (this is nor your forum)

2.) I am not impressed by your clicking icons on a bar and running around the map (talk about boring eh)

3.) PLEASE PLEASE come to Bastion and queue for GSF, make sure you say something in fleet chat first so I know to come farm you :D

4.) Just because you are terribad at anything that requires reflexes is no reason to call it stupid, your lack of understanding and refusal to learn does not equate to GSF being stupid. Please go back to your WZ troll bridge, your not wanted here.

////////////////////////////////

To the OP:

Yes I have wanted to see more rewards badly, this could come in the form of the fleet vendor and vanity items or it could come in the form of rewards for seasons. I think this would be great, but I won't get my hopes up anytime soon. GSF is not run in seasons ATM, more like patches heh.

To any DeV reading this, all of us GSF people would absolutely adore some form of extra rewards / vanity items for participating in GSF.

Edited by DamascusAdontise

I think the attitude comes from the hardcore crowd that's has been jaded about everything.

I don't get it -- the warzones in this game are a sad attempt to copy the playstyle found in other MMOs that do it better. GW2 has better ground pvp. Even a crap game like ESO has better ground pvp. Why do hardcore pvp players bother with this game?

GSF is unique and different. If another game did something like it better, I wouldn't be here.

Edited by Kalphitis

To any DeV reading this, all of us GSF people would absolutely adore some form of extra rewards / vanity items for participating in GSF.

That would be very nice, and I would say an extra-special thank you.

However, I play GSF because I enjoy it. It's at an interesting stage right now where the people who play it do so for one of two reasons: one, to get better, or two, because they have fun doing so. The fun is reward enough for a lot of really awesome people that I fly with on Ebon Hawk. (Well, that and the notoriety...)

GSF is a unique facet to the game in that there are no carrots to chase. There's no gear only accessible to GSF players, there's no extra-special mount, there's no outside reward, south of a few titles. I kinda like it this way, too. It's nice flying with people who either genuinely want to learn how to be better, or have gotten better and now just queue to have fun.

While having outside rewards might be neat, I like my GSF without the frantic greed of chasing this piece of gear or that spot on some leaderboard out there.

Also, with regard to the PvE vs PvP recruitment base for GSF, I came out of the RP base. Back dat paradigm up, foo'.

Edited by QuinMantha

1.) **** (this is nor your forum)

This thread was started in the PvP forum.

It was moved to the GSF forums because it was off-topic.

GSF is a unique facet to the game in that there are no carrots to chase. There's no gear only accessible to GSF players, there's no extra-special mount, there's no outside reward, south of a few titles. I kinda like it this way, too. It's nice flying with people who either genuinely want to learn how to be better, or have gotten better and now just queue to have fun.

That attitude is fine if you only want to do GSF. Alternatively, I've skipped GSF and done ground PvP between regular PvE content because ground PvP gives me access to gear that's useful for PvE. When I hit level 55, I'll have access to relics, implants, and an earpiece which are all useful for PvE content.

My choice is PvP that gives me a small amount of xp and credits AND useful items, or PvP that gives me a small amount of xp and credits but no useful items. That's the sort of choice that just leads to less people playing GSF in the long run.

Edited by MCaliban

Also, with regard to the PvE vs PvP recruitment base for GSF, I came out of the RP base. Back dat paradigm up, foo'.

Well everybody RPs - the people that say they don't are really just RPing people that don't RP until they RiP or start to acknowledge their own RP. I actually think it's easier to get RPers into GSF for the sole purpose of new content - you're coming up with an entirely new set of scenarios and opening a lot of doors

I actually think it's easier to get RPers into GSF for the sole purpose of new content - you're coming up with an entirely new set of scenarios and opening a lot of doors

Agreed! I think that may have something to do with why Ebon Hawk is known for having a great, thriving GSF base.

I don't get it -- the warzones in this game are a sad attempt to copy the playstyle found in other MMOs that do it better. GW2 has better ground pvp. Even a crap game like ESO has better ground pvp. Why do hardcore pvp players bother with this game?

GSF is unique and different. If another game did something like it better, I wouldn't be here.

Every game has its hardcore crowd period. Insulting people for liking a particular game's version of PvP is just insipid. Besides at least the PvP crowd is better behaved than the general forum

GSF is for ultra-casual players, which happen to be the target audience.

Ultra casual? Some players have multithousand games already.

I dont know any good ground PvPers that actually participate in GSF.

It's such a small pool, it would probably be surprising if you did.

A lot of us came back to SWTOR just to play this game.

GSF is the biggest misallocation of resources in the game's history. I literally tried the demo/practice mode for a whole 30-45 seconds and have not touched it since. The introductory mission for GSF is still in my mission log.

Thanks,

-Seeng @Bastion

I came back to the game just for GSF. Maybe it was for me, and not for you.

I came back to the game just for GSF. Maybe it was for me, and not for you.

Same. I got excited for space PvP. At the time, I didn't know anything about guilds or OPs. It's not the rail space missions - Get rid of those please! -, it's PVP that I could enjoy. Well, I could enjoy for awhile until the full time GSF folks started mastering ships, coordinating teams, and wiping the PUGs I flew with quite often. The power balance shifted.

I'm really looking forward to the double Requ points in June so I could start playing with other ships.

We should create a thread in their forum about how bad PVP in artificial war zones and arenas is and how Huttball makes no story sense whatsoever. Then all pile in and slag them off. ;)

We should create a thread in their forum[...]

Again, this thread was started in the "PvP" forum, probably as trolling attempt, though it does raise a few interesting points.

Wouldn't mind a rancor with jet engines... but I could settle for a mere Corellian Starrive Flash with my personal paintjob on it, because I'm so easy to please and have such low expectations... :D

Also I'm not sure the idea of better rewards -> more players is really sound... I mean, for example, I forced myself to play some more warzones on a few alts so I could collect some relics for use in PvE (because sitting in a warzone being useless is apparently worth more than playing tfb HM what with obroan being better than uderworld relics). I'm not sure my teammates appreciated my participation, because I wasn't even trying, with my bolstered down PvE gear. Do we want to see (more of) that kind of pilots in GSF ? People who are just there to collect the rewards at the end of the match for a different game type ?

Anyway, being a colossally massive d*** to each other seems to be part of the ground pvp mentality, some of the posters who commented on this thread were already on my ignore list, so I wouldn't take anything they say too seriously.