Help marauders in pvp, stunned, snared, blown back, with crap dps.

Beebels

Yea, but teamed ranked is like 3% of the total player base that play Sentinels. Don't get me wrong Sentinels are great fun in PVP and PVE. The endless hacking and slashing and they have some of the most graceful moves in the game. But that are horse poo poo in Regs which 95% of PVP'er play. It's hard to do anything meaningfull in most CAP objective matches except maybe to delay the other team for a few seconds while everyone on the other team focuses on you because they want the easy kill.

Backup again... Regs?

Ok again you are focused on scoreboard. In Huttball Carnies bring dat damn near 100% uptime to predation, hell in just about every Reg WZ predation is powerful as hell. That one ability alone can prevent/win a off node. Nobody goes put of their way to mark Sents and the only time they are focused is when they are doing what they excel at, trolling the enemy healers/backline DPS. Same is true in Arenas. Carnage is on of the better specs to counter Op healers with the permaroot and debuff, and guess what healer most people bring to rank and regs?

You got to get over the large pretty numbers. This spec ain't about that...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but teamed ranked is like 3% of the total player base that play Sentinels. Don't get me wrong Sentinels are great fun in PVE. The endless hacking and slashing and they have some of the most graceful moves in the game. But that are horse poo poo in Regs which 95% of PVP'er play. It's hard to do anything meaningfull in most CAP objective matches except maybe to delay the other team for a few seconds while everyone on the other team focuses on you because they want the easy kill.

Ranked is a lot more than 3% of the player base. Heck the devs said that for tier 1 rewards roughly 5% met the criteria.

==== / time is up =====

So since you have failed to provide any sort of video evidence supporting the claim that unstoppable would, or a version of such would make Carnage/Combat overpowered, as well as failed to present any structures much less legitimately structured argument, it is clear that you have lost the debate..

Instead all that has been presented is argumentum ad populum, argumentum ad nauseam, argumentum ad numerum, argumentum ad verecundiam, argumentum ad hominem, and just about every fallacy by definition.

If you didn't like being called a "kid", then newsflash, you shouldn't post like one. Posting like one, with faith in logic, is why the devs won't listen to you. Also, being defensive about said observation is worse then admittance. For instance, I would rather be a 14 year old that acts like a 14 year old, and was told I act my age..... Then a 25 year old that has the psychological development of a 14 year old, and deflects. Posting vids, that have no relevance and lashing out emotionally in an attempt to get some kind of needed self esteem boost from your peers doesn't help either.

As someone earlier pointed out, how hard would providing a video be? I just don't see it, should be easy as 1,2,3. You find a buddy, tell him to stand there for a few duels, show his experttise...badda bing..badda boom... presto.. Video! Alas, clearly you are just a few bad egg trolls, and I wash myself of the need to even acknowledge you, much less in a place that is meant for intelligent discussion by *knowledgeable* players, Both of which you lack.

/enjoy ignore gents

I somehow expected more from this. Rather dissapointed in how this turned out. OP did not deliver...I go back to imgur now.

On a really bad team, 50k is a struggle (with No healers vs all ranged Mercs, Snipers, Sorc)... On a good day maybe 200k. I don't remember every topping 300k. I'm pretty sure I've done 300k on by Guardian at least once if not more.

WHAT? 200k good day on a combat sentinel in warzones? In before some combat sentinels talk about 1million damage.

Ranked is a lot more than 3% of the player base. Heck the devs said that for tier 1 rewards roughly 5% met the criteria.

I'm just guess but I'm sure a lot of ranked players have multiple characters playing ranked. And many more player like me who qualified only played ranked just to see what it was like never took it seriously. After a few weeks of it I got tired of it fast.

On a really bad team, 50k is a struggle (with No healers vs all ranged Mercs, Snipers, Sorc)... On a good day maybe 200k. I don't remember every topping 300k. I'm pretty sure I've done 300k on by Guardian at least once if not more.

ok, this might have it be reason in play style. since getting 300 in normal wz should be a problem if you are gear and roughly know what you are doing. and even if i dont get perma target and literally cant do drag *****, i have never been below 50k, even when playing like retard and not picking targets.

so yeah carnage is harder then most specs in this game, and it takes time to get used to. rotating your DCD is essentiak and using the buffs from fury at 30 stacks correctly. Generally you have to pay a lot of attention to what is happening, it is not like lolsmash where you jump into a group (pre 2.7) and get them into low health immediatly, you have to pick target your targets, you have to watch you buff bar, you have to use your CDs and you have to know how you can maximize your damage. but with practice you can make that work. first tip would be to get a healer and queue with him. people have opinions about pocket healing, but maras really need a healer to be full effective, even if it is just for cleanses.

if you have a healer that pays attention you can do miracles if you have a little grasp of the class and it really makes the class more enjoyable. this spec is more team dependent than others, but that doesnt make it bad. Sin are less team dependent, but in there is only very few that can make them work at the very top level, whereas there plenty of carnage maras atm.

again spec is harder then most, that is why i like it, i personally better on others classes but i enjoy my sentinel the most and just love the challenge, it require more understanding of the game and its mechanics and heck if your are white barred and can almost global somebody... such satisfication.

ok, this might have it be reason in play style. since getting 300 in normal wz should be a problem if you are gear and roughly know what you are doing. and even if i dont get perma target and literally cant do drag *****, i have never been below 50k, even when playing like retard and not picking targets.

so yeah carnage is harder then most specs in this game, and it takes time to get used to. rotating your DCD is essentiak and using the buffs from fury at 30 stacks correctly. Generally you have to pay a lot of attention to what is happening, it is not like lolsmash where you jump into a group (pre 2.7) and get them into low health immediatly, you have to pick target your targets, you have to watch you buff bar, you have to use your CDs and you have to know how you can maximize your damage. but with practice you can make that work. first tip would be to get a healer and queue with him. people have opinions about pocket healing, but maras really need a healer to be full effective, even if it is just for cleanses.

if you have a healer that pays attention you can do miracles if you have a little grasp of the class and it really makes the class more enjoyable. this spec is more team dependent than others, but that doesnt make it bad. Sin are less team dependent, but in there is only very few that can make them work at the very top level, whereas there plenty of carnage maras atm.

again spec is harder then most, that is why i like it, i personally better on others classes but i enjoy my sentinel the most and just love the challenge, it require more understanding of the game and its mechanics and heck if your are white barred and can almost global somebody... such satisfication.

I think without a doubt Sentinels are the most fun to play on a good team (with a couple strong healers behind you). Just hard to play otherwise unlike others classes which are a bit more forgiving on bad teams.

Marauders/sentinels have a brutal burst output and that's why you can't give them too much uptime. If you give them more CC immunities, this will automatically also give them more uptime and burst will have to be nerfed. It's as simple as that. So decide what you want: The best burst in game with little uptime, or more uptime, but then with less burst than now.

900k-1milliiin not possible? Just lol.

Thanks for your contribution. Especially the "lol". Sure it's possible if you aren't the CC drain for every opponent, you have multiple great healers and you're stuck in front of Voidstar doors the entire time both rounds. There are some particulars that are needed to pull that off.

Marauders/sentinels have a brutal burst output and that's why you can't give them too much uptime. If you give them more CC immunities, this will automatically also give them more uptime and burst will have to be nerfed. It's as simple as that. So decide what you want: The best burst in game with little uptime, or more uptime, but then with less burst than now.

But the key is, that burst isn't monumentally better than most specs, global for global, but the uptime is way more infrequent than those same specs. I mean this is probably the most challenging spec in terms of energy management, when it should be one of the easier ones. I think this whole debate can be solved with an energy management tweak...

Edited by L-RANDLE

But the key is, that burst isn't monumentally better than most specs, global for global, but the uptime is way more infrequent than those same specs. I mean this is probably the most challenging spec in terms of energy management, when it should be one of the easier ones. I think this whole debate can be solved with an energy management tweak...

Better energy management would be fantastic. But the biggest problem with the spec is the RNG for Opportune Strike proc. It needs to have its proc percentage brought up or made into an auto proc like many of the other classes have gotten in their class changes. Better energy management won't solve the problem of Combat players chewing down an entire bar of Focus trying to get their proc in order to even start their burst rotation.

Edited by Dawginole

Better energy management would be fantastic. But the biggest problem with the spec is the RNG for Opportune Strike proc. It needs to have its proc percentage brought up or made into an auto proc like many of the other classes have gotten in their class changes. Better energy management won't solve the problem of Combat players chewing down an entire bar of Focus trying to get their proc in order to even start their burst rotation.

Sure. But once the burst rotation is up, you'll two-hit anyone who's not able to get rid of you, which against a marauder is quite a task. This is the way marauder works. You have to work for your burst phase, but once it's there, it's insane. People who want more straightforward dmg should not be playing a marauder. But as long as maras have this nuke-like burst phase they'll have to live with the fact that other speccs have to be able to deny it to them, now and then.

Edited by Cretinus

Sure. But once the burst rotation is up, you'll two-hit anyone who's not able to get rid of you, which against a marauder is quite a task. This is the way marauder works. You have to work for your burst phase, but once it's there, it's insane. People who want more straightforward dmg should not be playing a marauder. But as long as maras have this nuke-like burst phase they'll have to live with the fact that other speccs have to be able to deny it to them, now and then.

This is where you're wrong, the burst phase for marauders is no more insane than the other dps classes at the moment. I can kill people just as fast if NOT FASTER on my pyro PT.

And what i forgot to post in my post a few pages back.

The fact that Smash actually needs a target now is complete BS to, just the lazy easy BW fix.

Can we please put all AoE abilitys / CC / Stealth break ablitys to require a target.

This is where you're wrong, the burst phase for marauders is no more insane than the other dps classes at the moment. I can kill people just as fast if NOT FASTER on my pyro PT.

Well, this is clearly an exaggerated statement. If this is true then you've played vs badly geared or unskilled players.

However you are correct. There are many specs that have (almost) on par burst with Carnage with less CC susceptibility.. But ofc, none of which have Gore <3 which is probably the most valuable ability in game if utilized properly, also the teamwork surrounding utilizing berserk with gore+ravage is unquestionable the most powerful burst in the game. If you play alone however (regs, solo R), you won't be utilizing that too much, more of a team ranked scenery.

I would also argue that energy management is only a problem if you have to spamm massacre too much if you are not getting the procs. Although considering some classes i've tried out, like jugg middle tree and rage spec (ofc) have an abundance of rage readily available i wouldn't mind a bit more of it coming my way :)

As suggested in another thread, it could be something simple like the jugg has; everytime you're CC'ed or mezzed you gain a bit rage. This and, but mostly the RNG aspect (either tuned to be more reliable or removed like other classes) are QoL changes that i would like to see.