The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Command is Sage on steroids :( (mostly pvp perspective)

Retrochillee

It seems to me that Commandos are better than sages in just about every way (except for barrier).

Hold the line > force speed

Reactive shield > bubble

Concussion charge > force wave

Demo round > turbulence

Heavy armor > light armor

Commandos have resource free instant attack while moving/kiting (hammer shot). Sages have not.

Commandos melee, stockstrike, is kinetic and can root. Sages melee does absolutely nothing.

This list can easily go on.... why are we still shooting ourselves in the face trying to play a sage instead of commando?

It seems to me that Commandos are better than sages in just about every way (except for barrier).

Hold the line > force speed

Reactive shield > bubble

Concussion charge > force wave

Demo round > turbulence

Heavy armor > light armor

Commandos have resource free instant attack while moving/kiting (hammer shot). Sages have not.

Commandos melee, stockstrike, is kinetic and can root. Sages melee does absolutely nothing.

This list can easily go on.... why are we still shooting ourselves in the face trying to play a sage instead of commando?

Welcome to the game! You still have much to learn young padawan, commando can do some nasty burst but in general sage is so much better as you will soon realise.

Commandos and mercs have been at the bottom of the pvp ladder since forever and it doesnt look like they will move away from that delightful position anytime soon.

You forgot the bullet point about how sages get baseline interrupt immunity every 45 seconds while DPS commandoes have no interrupt protection at all.

You also forgot the point about how commandoes can only kite once every 90 seconds, while sages can do it constantly.

You also forgot to mention how reactive shield is a 2 minute cooldown.

You also forgot to mention how sages have a marginally overpowered hybrid while commandoes have never even had a hybrid.

You also forgot to mention how the sage gets a baseline ranged snare and talentable roots and snares in other trees while commando only gets one melee root in only one tree.

You also forgot how sages get a baseline instant self-heal that costs nothing and is off GCD...

In a situation where a lightning sorc is ignored, an ignored merc/mando in middle tree has even more nasty burst. In any other situation, sorcs are more versatile.

I am pretty dang sure that getting hit with tracer+HSM in the same global hurts waayyy less than getting hit with autocritting turbulence + TK Wave ands that's not even considering if I proc the second TK hit.

As a huge fan of the dbz series I named my Inquisitors Bibidi and Bobidi and I intended to make my favorite Majin buu (merc). I enjoy the merc play style as it is like a mix between snipers power and a sorcs h2f power. However after playing for awhile I becan to realize that while my merc was hitting harder, my sorc can h2f better. Now adays because unfortunately I have a life now with work and a gf I can't play as much as I would like too so I had to choose 1 to main. In the end I went with sorc because I like to think the best offense is a good defense.

You forgot the bullet point about how sages get baseline interrupt immunity every 45 seconds while DPS commandoes have no interrupt protection at all.

Tech Override/Power Surge? Mental Alacrity/Polarity Shift is 1 min 45 secs with lightning talent.

You also forgot how sages get a baseline instant self-heal that costs nothing and is off GCD...

It's on the GCD.

Ask any class who they'd rather tangle with, a sage or commando.

Ya'll know what they'd say.

Yes: mando. I play sorc more than mando. No bias here, you're just clueless.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

You also forgot the point about how commandoes can only kite once every 90 seconds, while sages can do it constantly.

You also forgot to mention how reactive shield is a 2 minute cooldown.

You also forgot to mention how sages have a marginally overpowered hybrid while commandoes have never even had a hybrid.

You also forgot to mention how the sage gets a baseline ranged snare and talentable roots and snares in other trees while commando only gets one melee root in only one tree.

You lost me at sages have interrupt immunity on a 45s cd. The cd is actually 2m unless you are lightning then it is 1m45s.

You lost me at sages have interrupt immunity on a 45s cd. The cd is actually 2m unless you are lightning then it is 1m45s.

Quiet you, people get stuff wrong.

Besides, mercs still don't have any form of interrupt protection.

You must've skipped over my post.

Sigh Tech overrides is not interrupt protection. Its at max two abilities, mental alacrity is as many abilities as you can cram into its 10 second duration. Also mental alacrity gives a dps boost while tech overrides does not.

Besides how many ranked teams run sages, and how many teams run mandos, and then try and tell me with a straight face that the mando is even on par with sage.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Sigh Tech overrides is not interrupt protection. Its at max two abilities, mental alacrity is as many abilities as you can cram into its 10 second duration. Also mental alacrity gives a dps boost while tech overrides does not.

Besides how many ranked teams run sages, and how many teams run mandos, and then try and tell me with a straight face that the mando is even on par with sage.

Sage>mando, but I'd rather have instant casts than interrupt immunity, considering you can't stop an instant cast with cc.

You guys are aware that Gunnery/Arsenal can now spec into actual interrupt immunity, right?
Yeah but thats not really the issue here tbh. OP is adamant that commando is better then sage for pvp and we are simply trying to save him some time ingame and tell him he is wrong :p