What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

Ok Alex... I have come up with the PERFECT idea to seperate the rewards but keep it balanced. For example.. If the mount reward for solo ranked is nexu mount then the group reward mount will be the same except a different colour/gender.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a weapon set that has an effect kind of like plasma dripping off the weapon, affected by color crystal. Or just add that effect to the Gladitorial weapons, I think with the exposed energy areas it would fit well. Edited by OMGITSJAD

Hi all.

How about Group Ranked prize decorations that can only be donated to a "guild bank"?

Something awesome, like a "portal" that leads to a unique 1v1 dueling arena. Basically, interacting with the "portal" would transport you here and leaving it would return you to the guild flagship/stronghold. Must be level 60 and 2018 expertise to interact with it.

Another cool prize would be a Bolsterizer that you could place in your guild flagship/stronghold.

-Threetwoseven-

What would be great atm is......

More than 10 tokens for a daily rewards.

If you win a single match in ranked you get 140 tokens or something, if you lose you get 30 or so.

Completing a daily which involves winning 3 matches (420 tokens) rewards you with 10 tokens.

The weekly gives 50 and requires 9 wins. These figures make no sense and almost seem like you are missing a 0 from the end of both.

Can you please patch it soon instead of waiting for the expansion and then realizing that its wrong?

I agree the amount of tokens for the daily/weekly ranked matches should be increased. Also I would like to see the tier 1 rating go back to 1500 were it started in season 1. Its really difficult to get to 1500 let alone 1600 with people trading and throwing like crazy. But this could just be me wanting it a tiny bit easier :D

It would be cool if u make some interesting weapon with florish, something like we saw in s-3, not the same but with unique florish.

Also, dear devs, i think that many players now try their skills in ranked arenas, much more than in previous season, but all that new players are in real need of some (maybe 1 or 2 weeks) pre-season (maybe before next season), just to try their skills, to get known with arenas, so they can avoid many mistakes in normal rwz and dont ruin the game for another players... Of course we have arenas in non-ranked, but they not pop a lot and are different from rwz.

Yeah, there is a small boost in Solo Ranked activity but it might backfire because alot of people are que dodging aswell due to the high amount of new players. Even with the minimum expertise you see a massive amount of people in unaugmented exhumed gear that are unfamilair with Solo Ranked, which ends up in a global fest.

Ofcourse, que dodging is something that happens every season but people start friendlisting all these new people that get globalled every game and avoid playing once they pop online. This way the pops are still relatively slow. A preseason might create awareness about the skill differences compared to normal warzones.

Also, legacy gear and legacy weapons.

Edited by Hirchart

I would really like to see a "Giradda the Hutt's Kel Dragon" a black and yellow mount with purple eyes. Or "Giradda the Hutt's Reek" a Black/Purple/Yellow mount.

I would also really like to see a new armor set! It could be the armor of Arcann and Thexan (twins from kotfe) with effects ofcourse. It could also be Battlemaster armor with some nice effects. Or something compleatly new.

I would like to see a decoration (massive statue of Baron Deathmark, Rotworm/Frogdog statues).

Change the leaked titles. They are extremely lame. The S-5 titles were also extremely lame, but the S-6 ones are even worse - esspecially the Gold Tier ones. They might sound very cool and evil if you're 12 years old, but for anyone else it is just a laugh. Edited by Hirchart

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to see crafting schems. Like the old battlemaster war hero sets but not for current sets. So at end of S6 you can make S3 set (only cos there has t been any others yet) an make sure to craft then it requires the pvp items so it'll force the pve crafters to give up or get good

• 2 weeks later...
Not a refusal, we just want to make sure we do it right and offer something that is appropriate and enticing without making people feel they have to do Group Ranked to get the reward they really want. It is a balancing act and we haven't found that perfect reward yet. If you have ideas for a Group specific reward (or any season rewards!) please post them in the Reward Suggestion thread, I check it every time there is a new post.

Cheers!

I would like to expand on this specific topic (solo vs group ranked rewards) a bit. I have played ranked pvp in this game ever since it existed for 8v8 and it has always been my favorite thing to do in this game - play competetive pvp with other people who share the same interest. One thing about this was the 8v8 ranked items, those were really difficult to get because of the time it took, but when you finally got them it felt really rewarding since you knew that there wasn't many people who were able to get these items, thats the kind of exclusitivity I want for the ranked arena rewards to be like. In the end 8v8 died out so at the beginning of arenas I was happy about the change because it would mean that there would be a lot of teams playing group ranked. And there were a lot of teams queueing for group ranked, both on PTS and in the pre-season, which was very fun. I finished season 1 as the highest ranked marauder for grouped ranked, it felt pretty good because during season 1 we had a lot of tough opponents (which is vastly changed now in season 6). The rewards were fairly nice (even though there were no top3 title back then) and the only complaint was that the tiers were very off (way too low rating required).

Now season 2 came and my team played in the beginning, but my run ended pretty quickly, why? because almost all teams from season 1 quit the game (like a domino effect, people quit because other people quit) so I didnt get the satisfaction of playing group ranked when the pops took 30 minutes or even higher. In season 2 the top3 titles were introduced and it was a really good implementation, but it was also awarded for Soloq, which is where I started to see a huge problem.

People wouldn't bother gathering a team for grouped ranked because they might as well earn their rewards in soloq - and this is the reason why the "competetive PvP scene" in SWTOR is so bad. The people who took their time to gather a team of good players and then playing an entire season together is rewarded the same as a player who played soloq each day hoping to get in an arena with other good people, which i find very wrong.

So there are some pointers that i would like to share:

1. Its an MMO, people who take their time to organize and play together should be rewarded better than people who dont bother because they might as well play soloq since its easier for them.

2. How it currently works it just gives even more reason for "sync-queuers" to do what they do. There is a specific guild on ToFN that i wont name that constantly does this while not queueing for grouped ranked at all, why? Because its easier for them to get these rewards by doing it like that instead of playing against another organized team.

3. Negativity. Almost all I see in the pvp chat currently is people complaining about their teammates being bad in their last soloq-game, over and over again while I sit on the fleet waiting for another team to queue for group ranked. So why not make those kind of people interested in group ranked?

4. Balancing. With group ranked you will get the most out of your class than in any other current pvp activity. With more teams queueing, you will get more data, and with more data you will be able to balance the classes in a PvP aspect much better, since essentially group ranked is where the classes are truly tested against eachother since its usually experienced players. Isn't this what you want as a PvP dev, Alex Modny? One example of this is Snipers. I see people asking for Sniper buffs because they are easily killed in their soloq game, meanwhile in group ranked its one of the strongest classes in the game (together with PT and Sorc).

So if I was to decide I would remove all the rewards from soloq all-together (or change them drastically), but I know thats not going to happen, so a more fair "bioware way" would be to just remove the top3 class titles from soloq and then add something extra for the group ranked players, like an exclusive mount you can only buy if you have reached a certain group rating, like it was back in the days with the old 8v8 ranked items.

With this change you would give people incentive to play group ranked instead of grinding in soloq.

I agree with everything Xelereth pointed out. Group ranked is the most competitive aspect of the game and basically the core of what ranked PvP in an MMO should be like: a TEAM effort. Gathering a team and playing together takes more time and practice but is also more satisfying and allows for a lot more different playstyles and tactics. For example: Snipers are a class that everyone complains about being bad in solo ranked, but it's by far one of the best DPS classes for group ranked (after Sorcs ofc), because of it's absolutely insane burst spikes.

Team ranked has been declining since season 1 one basically, but it's pretty easy to see why: soloq players receive exactly the same rewards as team ranked (except that one crystal that used to be exclusive but that was 0,0% motivation, I have not met a single team that did q just for that mediocre looking crystal. And now everyone can get it anyway). Afaik no other MMO does that and for good reason. Why would anyone gather a team and play team ranked when they can (in theory) get all rewards by themselves? How can soloq even be called competitive when everyone constantly complains about how their teammates suck and how luck based it is? Oh and let's not forget about q-sync which is a huge problem on my server. Three or four out of the top 3 soloq players from my server (TOFN) got their reward form q-sync and everyone knows it.

People actually gather a team but then they q-sync in soloq to get an advantage over others instead of playing team ranked. If most rewards would only be obtainable through playing team ranked, that wouldn't happen.

Imho you should encourage team ranked much more. There should be actual rewards for team ranked ONLY. I know a lot of people will disagree but that's to be expected, because as I said, it's currently much easier to play soloq and play enough until you get lucky with teammates often enough or simply q-sync.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

• 2 weeks later...
Reward wise things seem spot on considering the recent changes. Only 2 things currently annoy me: I would like to see Ranked War zones actually Pop in a timely manner. I would also like to see the PVP Imbalance between the Empire and the Republic fixed. Imp's have been OP from day one. I know the Dev's love the Imps but I still want to point out the imbalance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greatly increase credits and improve rewards for endseason, while also giving rewards midseason for the playerbase, anything, just to increase the stimulus to play ranked, because atm ranked is barely scractched.

Even create a filter/button to easily ignore all players/chat inside warzones (to reduce trash talking and toxicity), while also punishing people that do so when reported.

Edited by James_Mcturney

• 2 weeks later...