Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

A sneak peek from James Ohlen

StephenReid

I'd be much more thrilled about a LFG tool and UI improvements too be honest. I cant even find groups to do the current content. Its a shame so many ppl will not discover all of the amazing Flashpoints in the game because they cant find groups.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be much more thrilled about a LFG tool and UI improvements too be honest. I cant even find groups to do the current content. Its a shame so many ppl will not discover all of the amazing Flashpoints in the game because they cant find groups.

This, getting a group for a flashpoint is a pain in the *** so a LFG tool would be much more useful.

Honestly, the last boss looks pretty generic. I'm sure I've seen that model many times now. Not saying thats a bad thing though but something new wouldnt hurt at all.

I dont know about anyone else but I'm already tired of combat, its the same, boring combat again and again, same aggro'ed "Aaahh!!" sounds and same missions scenarios. How about non-combat stuff? I havent seen a single person use a cantina on my server unless it's just to visit a quest guy.

Still, it's a good game, story wise at least.

How about letting us choose the warzone we want instead of having to play hutt ball 9/10 games.

Why do you go out of your way to prevent world pvp.

WHATS THE POINT OF NEW/MORE WARZONES IF WE CANT PLAY ANYTHING BUT HUTTBALL ANYWAY?

If imps didn't outnumber rep 3-1 this wouldn't happen. Try rolling a diff server or side.

You put such an over-emphasis on PvP's significance in MMO's nowadays that it's almost laughable.

Really, get over yourself.

Completely agree. PvP is not the most important thing for the vast majority of players.

those that rushed to cap so they could "pwn faces" deserve to be disappointed.

at this point yeah new content would be great, but just fix the game. fix the ui which is still broken, fix kira which is still broken, fix the graphical issues, fix ability lag, and fix your csr's.

You do realize that different people work on content than work on any of the things you're complaining about (apart from MAYBE the problem with Kira)?

i dont want to complain about much just one thing PVP please fix it we need more options with it like

World pvp

you could have implemented capture the flag type methods on different planets bonuses to fighting with players capturing city's literally have your server care about whats happening to its bases or tower points whatever you'd wanna label it as but this is star WARS right i want the feeling of war between the empire and republic not the feeling of npcs angry at each other i want to care about wanting to kill my enemy's

war zones well there's not to much we could do about balancing issues aside from cross server matches or just a reason to want to pvp more like much more rewarding items mounts

exclusives tournaments

honestly it would be nice to be able to go neutral and not work for anyside so you could kill anyone you want like original EQ pvp servers rallos zek and talon zek it didn't matter if you were a quote on quote the 'good guy' or 'bad guy" race if you wanted to kill your race you could if you wanted to be friends with whoever you wanted you could and you could talk to your enemy's what is this **** that we can talk **** to the republic what are they aliens do they not speak the galactic common-speak *** is this **** OBI-Wan and Darth *********** Vader always talked there **** to each other so why cant i laugh in my enemies face and cuss-them out for killing me or they do that for killing them all this may be hard to implement but i say why not make a server like that so it gets rid of all these "players" that are on pvp servers that dont want to pvp or complain about getting ganked on a pvp server let the bloodshed flow free for alls and not just huttball gosh darn it

If this is representative of the typical PvP player, please just remove all PvP functions in tomorrow's patch.

Edited by VorpalK

If this is representative of the typical PvP player, please just remove all PvP functions in tomorrow's patch.

How do you think that would help the game? I love PvP, but I don't ask for PvE content to be removed because a few PvEers are rude.

How about

- Mounts (life ones)

- Freeflight

- Space battles

- More open PvP

- More FLUFF stuff..like collectables, trophies

- A place to decorate on your ship and where you can place trophies (like eq2 and SWG)

- Deeper craft system

- Pod racing

- better cantina music and atmosphere when you enter a cantina

etc. Dont really need more flashpoints or operations at this point.. havent even done other ones yet or level to 50.. were not all raiding you know.. need more solo stuff..FLUFF..things to do

:) :)

Amen brother...this guy says it all...i mean other than the story thing the game is way far behind what swg had...and supposedly according to all you pre-nge whiners...it was a game that was way behind..heres a hint bioware..the timeline is the only thing that was supposed to be thousands of years in the past...not the actual game mechanics

I am quite upset at how people are already crying for new content and the game hasnt been out for a month people need to **** about that they are gona ruin it for others who havent even hit 50 yet and there is talk of content now that will be worthless when the new content hits ffs let people enjoy the game a lil before u add new content qq. Edited by anthonymark

Amen brother...this guy says it all...i mean other than the story thing the game is way far behind what swg had...and supposedly according to all you pre-nge whiners...it was a game that was way behind..heres a hint bioware..the timeline is the only thing that was supposed to be thousands of years in the past...not the actual game mechanics

All that stuff goes beyond the scope of the game....SP w/MMO elements...Sorry, this isn't the game for you ;)

How about

- Mounts (life ones)

- Freeflight

- Space battles

- More open PvP

- More FLUFF stuff..like collectables, trophies

- A place to decorate on your ship and where you can place trophies (like eq2 and SWG)

- Deeper craft system

- Pod racing

- better cantina music and atmosphere when you enter a cantina

etc. Dont really need more flashpoints or operations at this point.. havent even done other ones yet or level to 50.. were not all raiding you know.. need more solo stuff..FLUFF..things to do

That would all be great I'd really like a deeper crafting syste hell Crew Skills right now sucks. It's a great system but it's executed horribly. Maybe I was fooled into believing Erickson. I really wanna see Crafting be worked on.

The best stuff is always going to come from other players, and then be made by other players. There will be stuff that you can craft that is among the best stuff in the entire game. So very close to the top tier that you could get for anything.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/massively-interviews-bioware-on-swtors-crafting-and-pvp/

Edited by Chromiie

Mr Ohlen;

Why cant we transfer our charactors from one server to the next? is this a possiblity for the future of the game? please post a reply to this question. thanks:) Since the developers have not

responded to me on this is there anyone that can answer my question?

Edited by C-Aparatus
NO RESPONSE

• 2 weeks later...

What i would like to see is some space ships operations and flashpoints.

Do not need to be all of it, but the beging of it. Like you need to fly your way through a blockade.

and/or the operation if or when guild have the Capital ship, could use the capital ship to an operation.

What i think:

Tanks could "pilot" the ship or ships, use and control shield and mitigation abilities.

Dps could mount the gun turrets, missile bays, blasters.

The second tank and some dps could handle some invaders forces the bridge the hull to invade meanwhile.

The healers could be fixing the ship damage, with engineer tools, engineer bay. Fix the hull, restore systems.

Could be nice to start an Operation this way.

And could have some invasion operations same mechanic with walkers, fighters and ground forces.

And i wasnt thinking in a boss based, but like an introduction like normal pulls. Doin' ship space combat to reach the boss.

And/or the boss could Abord your ship at a moment and you fight him.

And perhpas a mechanic that half of the team fight the boss that aboard your ship and half keep in ship controls. Like, if you fight boss but do not destroy the ships outside, your ship is blowed. If you do not fight the boss that aboard he kill kill people inside. So team should balance between kill boss inside and ships outside.

And perhpas while the capital ship's fighting some people could use their own ships to scort the fight. Have a lot a possibilities to get out of the ordinary type of encounters.

well....thank you BW for the new patch!!!!

:D

FINALLY made serious inroads into the FPS issue and has made the game about 10 times more playable for me because of this...

MUCH happier and REALLY getting into it now - grouping more and killing those elites and bosses and much less grinding...

:D

still need more quest lines on each planet though LOL :D

• 4 weeks later...
Ya...... I think there is enough flashpoints out there in the galaxy. how about more than 3 warzones? And when i mean more than 3 i dont mean a total of 6 or 7. it would be nice to have a wide range of warzones. flashpoints are fun for the first 2 or 3 times you run em but warzones are always diffrent. How about 12 or 15 warzones?

Ya...... I think there is enough flashpoints out there in the galaxy. how about more than 3 warzones? And when i mean more than 3 i dont mean a total of 6 or 7. it would be nice to have a wide range of warzones. flashpoints are fun for the first 2 or 3 times you run em but warzones are always diffrent. How about 12 or 15 warzones?

That many warzones would result in warzones that don't fill up resulting in facerolling until a timer closes the game for lack of bodies and boots the players out.

There is a reason other MMOs don't have that many either, including WOW.

Edited by GOYAFIDO

How about they just actually put in the high res pacs those screen shots are taken from. that is blatant false representation of content. dont count on this game getting the things it needs to flesh out .

for quite some time. BW has to fix its

engine first.