The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Favorite Cartel Market Toy

• Dev Post

Morning,

The team would like to know what is your favorite Cartel Market Toy?

Do you like having a dance party with the Music Therapy Probe or do you prefer spreading cheer with Jawagrams? :jawa_biggrin:

Let us know your favorite.

I'd go with the Revan statue. It is far superior to the repair droid from the legacy system in any Ops group.

Toy wise, it is hard to choose. I really like putting out all of the holo banners at once and creating a big lightshow, a simple music probe is not enough. :rak_01:

Another one of those items that you place on the ground and that stays there for a while would be great. Throwing stuff at other players (snowballs, Jawagrams, Ball Throw) is also neat.

However, when you do decide to add additional toys, please keep in mind that we have an inventory limit: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6966195

Currently, I am at ~65/80 inventory spots from just the Cartel Market toys and older items like the Jukebox droid and Crate-o-matic, and there is not much more space for more items unless I remove toys from my current inventory. So if you do add more items, please first think of a way to handle the inventory full problem. :)

Edited by Jerba

Morning,

Do you like having a dance party with the Music Therapy Probe or do you prefer spreading cheer with Jawagrams? :jawa_biggrin:

Probably the Imperial and Republic :sy_empire:Holo-Banners:sy_republic: and the :rod_evil_p:Glowing Eyes :sul_evil: (I think those all count as "Toys" under the CM heading)

Morning,

From this two it's Therapy Prob.

But actually "Repair Revan" :)

I like the model Ebon Hawk and the Pocket Sarlac though I don't know if those are "Toys". One of my other favorite toy like things is the Party Jawa "Utinni!!!!" :jawa_cool: (Although admittedly the last one is not a cartel market toy, but it's still cool) Edited by WarsTrek

I like the model Ebon Hawk and the Pocket Sarlac though I don't know if those are "Toys". One of my other favorite toy like things is the Party Jawa "Utinni!!!!" :jawa_cool: (Although admittedly the last one is not a cartel market toy, but it's still cool)

The EH is classified as a pet.

My favorite toys are the holo statues as well. Satele is so awesome when levelling (my first character that always had to go back to the one trainer on the planet after a level gained seems like the dark ages now) and Revan is useful throughout the game for selling junk, repairs, buying medpacs.

Toy wise.

I want to say the eye glows. but the duration for them are so short. I can't.

My second choice would be Hologram disguise. but it breaks on any /emote rendering it useless besides standing around. (I await the day I can use the Hologram Disguise and /style)

My third choice would be the Revan Holo but he is bugged. wrong graphic legs and gloves.

That exists right now? I guess I would have to say my heal item. the G.S.F. battle holo vid heal. If that doesn't count. The Revan Holo then.

Edited by Magnusheart

• Reusable Jawagrams because they're fun

• Music Therapy probe (not that I have one) because it's a GROUP item

• Ball toss

Anything I can throw at or buff someone else with I love. EVERY buffing item should be a group buffing item...that gives the item 100Xs more value imo.

EDIT: PLEASE add in reusable Sparkle Powder. Sell it in different colors to enhance the value!!! Green, red, blue, yellow, white...That's a million dollar idea right there!!! ;)

Edited by TUXs

The Life Day Orb! I would love to have more subtle, less ostentatious regen items like that. :) I find regen items like the pocket sarlacc and carbonite chamber rather over-the-top for when I need to regen for a few seconds after a fight. ^^;

And seconding the reusable sparkle powder idea, that would be fun! I normally dislike things that other random players can force on my character (like goofy dance animations, ugh), but anything that can be clicked off like the snowball is great.

My favorite is new content,

I was really sad to see yesterday a dev on the stream, who designed operation bosses and flashpoints and now is on the cartel market (mtx) team.

On the other hand, we don't have new PvE content since october, and you move devs to Cartel Market...

Shame on you.

The Bloodhuck Lylek. The creepy little thing is a perfect pet for my DS Sorcerer. Not cute, but I like it.

The Horranth. Looks vicious, but acts so doofy. One time, when I stopped near an NPC, my pet Horranth's position, and jaw gnashing, made it look like the Horranth was chewing on the NPC's leg. Lol.

The XS Freighter model. Love the barrel rolls. I'm not as enchanted with the other ship models, though.

I don't have any of the Taun pets, but I've seen them. I think they're cute.

I also like the different types of regen toys.

The holostatues (Revan, Malgus, Satele), regernation items like Kolto Tank and Life Day Orb, Glowing Eyes and Holoprojector Disguise.

I hate Music Therapy Probe because it forces my character to dance as well.

It's not a Cartel Market toy, but I like the Galactic Party Bomb best. (Keeping it old school.)

Suggested use: drop it on Commander Narlock right before you talk to him before the Lieutenant Isric fight. He's talking all sorts of serious stuff about how we need to repel the Imperial boarding party, and meanwhile there are bright lights and confetti all around him.

I also like the ball toss, because you can do it to anyone, player or nonplayer.

What seems to be missing is reaction, so:

What i would like is a variation on that idea; a trip wire.

Stretch a line between two spots, make it hard to see (but not invisible) so there is a small chance of jumping and avoiding it. The first person to hit it will stumble (over-the-top stumbling animation) and maybe have some boo-hiss sound effects thrown in to highlight the tripper. Maybe also have something pop up in chat as well for all in the area to know who was clumsy.

Chat Gen-1 04:55 (Clutzwad mistook his face for the floor and tried to put it there)

Trip wire will need to be placed again after each successful trip.

Don't say who placed the trip wire, make it a scenario where you have to be caught red-handed.

Make an achievement for sneaking up to opposite faction base and set a trip wire for enemy patrols- and not getting caught and killed.

Maybe for PvP, make a trip wire bomb that does damage, like the ones way back in Duke Nukem 3D.

My Jedi is too high and mighty to stoop to such tricks, but my scoundrel on the other hand would get a giggle out of it.

Since Toys become bound upon use, how about making them abilities to save inventory space. I'd like to see a new statue that has token pieces on it, maybe another that has ultimate and elite comm gear similar to Revan statue. It sucks to be in a DP/DF and realize your about capped on comms and have to run to fleet to spend them. Or when you win a token piece that would greatly help you in an OP, but would have to waste 15 min to run to fleet to pick it up. Edited by DustinDune

Best CM toys:

• McRevan
  • HoloTrainer Malak/Satele
  • HoloProjector Disguise
  • Kick The Huttball
  • Music Therapy Probe
  • Orbital Kolto Strike
  • Ball Toss

Add another vote for Sparkle Powder. More colors, reusable would be great too. I also like fireworks, but I'm paranoid about using them all up.

I'd really like Holo Skill Trainers. Obviously some would be more popular than others (Biochem).

I also really like disguises. I would like to disguise as a jawa!

Edited by Ilith

The only ones I use are the Music Therapy Probe and the Revan statue. I can't justify using pack space for anything else and reclaiming them from collections is just too clunky. Now if they were skills I'd pick up a few more like the Sarlacc pit, camping and push ups.

I am hoping they make a Toy tab for cartel market toys like how quest items got their own tab. Eventually we will need a toybox tab like World of Warcraft is getting. and Soon.

They need to make more Holos.

85. Darth Sion Holo Statue (looks only)

86. Darth Nihilis Holo Statue (looks only)

87. Darth Traya Holo statue(looks only)

88. Darth Malak Holo Statue (Crew skills vendor for white crafting matts)

89. Bao-Dur Holo Statue (Cybertech)

90. Mandalore The Preserver Holo Statue (Biochem ((Because he always gave stims in the old games))

91. Emperor Vitiate Holo statue (looks only)

92. Bastila Shan Holo Statue (Synthweaving)

93. Artis holo statue (Artifice)

94. Cassus Fett Holo Statue (Armortech)