How many hours do you play?

tharbison

I would play more if I could, the older I get the less time I have for gaming. If I log in during the week 2 or 3 hours is about average, over the weekend I might do 6 or 8 hours a day. The most I ever played for an extended period was the last few months of tbc in wow. I had a laptop I took with me to work on a graveyard shift and I would do BG or farm instances or do dalies during down time. With the time I played before and after work I probably spent 40 or 50 hours a week playing.

this was dec 16th:

1: 76d, 3 h, 8 min

2: 34d 12h 31min

3: 22d 12h 21min

4: 12d 23h 46min

5: 8d 8h 11min

6: 4d 9h 11min

7: 5d, 16h 31min

8: 5d 13h 58 min

9: 2d 15h 34 min

Total: 172.81 day out of 730 days (as of 2 year anniversary): 23.7% of all my time.. in the past two years...

----------

and i have 2 more 55z now...

Way too much.....sometimes more than 2 hours a day. But I recently retired from active duty (23 years, Army). That's going to change, though. Once the weather gets warmer I'll be going outside and I plan on going back to college with my gi bill.(already been, but want another degree or my masters)

Longer than I should, not as much as I'd like. :D

Pretty much this. :p 0-3 hours weekdays (most nights around 2, some less and some more). If I have nothing to do saturday...8-12 hours, depending on what's going on in guild/how my weeklies are going. Sunday usually about 6. Subject to change if I have other things going on or if the wife doesn't have homework.

During the workweek I'll usually play during 3 or 4 evenings, anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to 4 hours if I really get into it, but usually skewing towards the low end of that range most nights.

Weekends are a total crapshoot based on whether I've got plans, how nice it is outside, how much work I need to catch up on, if a new series is out on Netflix, etc. etc. etc., but I'd say I probably put in a good six hours most weekends, and getting up to 10 wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary.

So anywhere from 14-24 hours in an average week, not counting the random weeks here and there where I either won't log in at all, or where I'll really binge and might clock a solid 30 hours.

My normal hours of game time play are as follows,

• Sunday : 8 am to 2 am = 18 hours

• Monday : 8 am to 2 am = 18 hours

• Tuesday : 9 am to 2 am = 17 hours

• Wedensday : 9 am to 2 am = 17 hours

• Thursday : 8 am to 2 am = 18 hours

• Friday : 8 am to 2 am = 18 hours

• Saturday : 8 am to 10 am then 10 pm to 2 am = 6 hours

So my total time spent per week playing SW:ToR is 112 hours a week. Sundays and saturdays flip flop based on what the girlfriend wants to do for that day. I'm able to juggle this much playtime while dating because she works 2nd shift and she sleeps in late everyday. I currently am not working due to health issues (since 1-24-13) limiting me to what I can do for work so spend my time here until my doctors say I'm fine to go back to work. I spend so much time in game I should try to get a job with them.

Edited by Zohkar

It varies. I travel for work, so if I'm on the road a lot I struggle to get on. Mainly because hotel internet is not that good. When I am home I get 3 to 4 hours in during the work week. Then on the weekend, I spend most of that with the wife, but hop on some evenings for 2 to 4 hours. Anywhere from 5 to 8 hours per week seems to be the norm now.:jawa_biggrin: Edited by theburnmaster

I'm sure you can tell by my signature I play too damn much. But typically, I play 7 days a week, never missing a day. Some days, usually the weekends, i play from when I wake up to when i go to bed. Work days, it varies. Some days I play for like 4 hours straight, come days 9 hours straight. And yes, I work, take care of my husband, etc. I just don't play anything else. Bioware/SWTOR has grabbed me by my girly bits and dragged me in.

Longer than I should, not as much as I'd like. :D

Duran'del here:

Same here. I've been trying to limit myself to 3 hours-ish on the weekdays, and probably 5-6 hours on a weekend.

But, like all plans, it no worky :(

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Starting to wonder if I have a problem. With gaming that is :) SWTOR in particular since that's pretty much all I play. I probably average about 2-3 hours/day most days. Is that bad?! How much time does everyone else spend playing?

I think it is only a problem when other interst start to suffer, when you cannot spend an evening with friends without thinking about the game ot even worse that you consider call in sick to stay home and play the game. So, it is not so much the amount, but the mentality.

I play about an hour-hour and a half before going to work if I wake up early. In the evenings, maybe a couple of hours with my husband unless RL takes precedence. On the weekends - a lot right now since the weather is so horrid. But once it's nicer, maybe a 2-3 hours instead of 6 or more... But we don't do other electronic entertainment. People watch TV just as much.