Bioware what exactly are your plans for Open world PvP? You contridict yourself.

cycao

You posted this earlier last week.

Are there any plans of expanding open world PvP?

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.

And later in that same week this was reported from the latest cantina tour.

• Something is in the works for World PvP that’s “really cool” related to rewards on a global scale. It won’t be anything like Ilum though..(Ist "really cool" das neue "Awesome" ?)

So do you, or do you not have plans in the work for open world PvP? Since the removal and then redesign of Ilum there really isn't much of a reason for open world PvP outside of PvE events so it would be nice to get some clarity on this issue since there are quite a few of disgruntled players after last weeks Q&A.

Favorite thing about the forums....

"BW TALK TO US WE NEED COMMUNICATION"

everytime the guy whose paid to talk to us speaks/posts

"BW FIRE THAT GUY HE SAID STUFF THAT MADE ME MAD"

You guys are just mad that the guy who BW assigned to this task isnt blowing smoke up your *** like his predecessors. Atleast this guy isnt stringing you along, hes telling you exactly whats on the agenda. If your unsubbing its because of the changes that are taking place, not because Musco told you whats actually in the works for pvp. They most likely made this thread because the PvP crowd is always asking at cantinas whats happening with pvp in the future. They probably just genned this up in response to that.

For the record I am dreading 2.7, I hate hutball and scoundrels are getting some serious rework done to the class(which is always frustrating), but im not asking for someones head because of it.

Also if your leaving because of the smash nerf...LOL!!!

Edited by Haystak

Sounds like something legacy related, maybe another event or something that encourages open world PvP. The original statement from Eric was more along the line of not working on any new systems for open world PvP that would reward players with Valor and Commendations, i.e., Dailies and a Weekly. Edited by Arcadius-Fett

Sounds like something legacy related, maybe another event or something that encourages open world PvP. The original statement from Eric was more along the line of not working on any new systems for open world PvP that would reward players with Valor and Commendations, ie Dailies and a Weekly.

Why say "no plans for open world PvP" then say later that "there is something in the works for open world PvP that's really cool".

Very well could be something tied into legacy but it would be nice to know for sure since it's hella confusing.

Edited by cycao

Why say "no plans for open world PvP" then say later that "there is something in the works for open world PvP that's really cool".

Very well could be something tied into legacy but it would be nice to know for sure since it's hella confusing.

As much as I hate reading between lines and hanging on individual words, I think the key word in Eric's response is "expanding".

While there is probably 85% overlap towards complete contradiction between the two answers, the cool thing in the works, is probably some sort of rehash of the "OWPvP" that's in the game already i.e Gree events, sort-of-organic Pub v Imp on Oricon and the like.

Something probably more akin to some rep grind in completing PvP things than some new expansive game mode. Bad answer is bad, but that's all I got.

And Haystak, agree completely. Eric did his job, the news was not good, but I doubt he came unhinged and went rogue with these answers. Just the messenger. Not ideal info for a lot of PvP'ers, but actual answers, no stringing along.

It does sound a bit like the left hand is giving the right hand the cold shoulder again, but it would not surprise me if one of the community guys is told one thing by the higher ups when something else entirely different is going on.

Yeah, I'm surprised he is still here after the **** storm he caused.

I am glad that we had that happen, maybe BioWare is now aware about some issues not being non-issues, like that many want cross server warzones and such things...

Anyway, on topic: I wouldn't be surprised if whatever they plan will fail again. I remember when BioWare talked about revamping ilum and all we got was than the Gree event, which seems to have disappeared for good now.

I'm going with the fact that they just don't care. EBM and I formed a final petition that could have fixed many (or even ALL) of the issues that EAware has encountered, but they ignored it and when it was brought back to the 1st page of the forum they deleted it.

We tried to warn them. They should have heeded our advice.

why do you care? you unsubbed. so just leave already.

First of all, you're talking to a PvPer who has contributed immensely to the forums so please show some respect and calm down.

anyway, what he said was they have no current plans to create a reward system for OWPVP. he also said, they would continue to do things to encourage OWPVP through events and future content. so there is no contradiction with what was said at cantina tour and is not confusing for rational grown ups.

"Something is in the works for World PvP that’s “really cool” related to rewards on a global scale. It won’t be anything like Ilum though..

Do you not see the contradiction there?

learn to comprehend the English language before you nerd rage.

Are there any plans of expanding open world PvP?

Currently we have no plans of expanding open world PvP, specifically to say we don’t have any plans to introduce any new systems which offer rewards around it. However, we will continue to encourage open world PvP in events and future content. Some examples of this would be the Oricon daily area and the shared questing areas of the Rakghoul event.

-eric

So how did they go from "We have no plans to offer rewards around world PvP" to "Something is in the works for World PvP that’s “really cool” related to rewards on a global scale"?

Edited by SithEBM-Reborn

anyway, what he said was they have no current plans to create a reward system for OWPVP. he also said, they would continue to do things to encourage OWPVP through events and future content. so there is no contradiction with what was said at cantina tour and is not confusing for rational grown ups.

Lol how am I nerd raging? I'm asking for some clarity on this because **** you that's why.

Favorite thing about the forums....

"BW TALK TO US WE NEED COMMUNICATION"

everytime the guy whose paid to talk to us speaks/posts

"BW FIRE THAT GUY HE SAID STUFF THAT MADE ME MAD"

Seriously about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. :sul_smile:

Lol how am I nerd raging? I'm asking for some clarity on this because **** you that's why.

I'm with you. Those two statements definitely seem to contradict one another and I would love to hear what the actual situation is.

Please just stop. :rolleyes:

Nothing OWPvP related is going to help Competitive PvP in this game. While some OPvP change/content would add to the fun factor, I seriously doubt it would be significant enough to fill the endgame void that currently exists for PvPers in this game.

Looks more like a move to placate those possibly considering leaving for ESO's zerg sieges.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Sounds like something legacy related, maybe another event or something that encourages open world PvP. The original statement from Eric was more along the line of not working on any new systems for open world PvP that would reward players with Valor and Commendations, i.e., Dailies and a Weekly.

all things considered, i'd bet its more of a cartel market type of thing rather than legacy. Thats the way these new features are going...

You posted this earlier last week.

And later in that same week this was reported from the latest cantina tour.

So do you, or do you not have plans in the work for open world PvP? Since the removal and then redesign of Ilum there really isn't much of a reason for open world PvP outside of PvE events so it would be nice to get some clarity on this issue since there are quite a few of disgruntled players after last weeks Q&A.

What Eric's Boss said before he posted us?

- Carry out order 66 . . .

Thus the Great Purge has begun . . .

But stick around, think we're just put on hold at the moment . . .